Sometimes we get lost in thoughts that generate some anxiety, without realizing that we are wasting time, energy and health.
If your brain is a constant mental gibberish that you feel is going to explode at any moment, here we leave you 103 phrases so that you can calm your mind and achieve that peace you so desire .
Famous relaxation quotes to calm you down
They say that a lie repeated a thousand times becomes the truth. We believe that not only lies, but any sentence repeated a thousand times, is transformed into something real and tangible, with clear and precise results.
We believe that these phrases can help you to stop that mental chaos you are suffering from, so the team of Psychology and Mind wishes you to enjoy this collection of phrases that we have made especially for you.
- We recommend: “6 easy relaxation techniques to combat stress”
1. Where the water is deepest, it is most quiet (William Shakespeare)
If you improve your introspective ability, you will achieve peace.
2. Freedom consists in being able to do everything that does not harm another (Alfonso X “The Wise”)
Harming others is a source of anguish and mental suffering. So treat others well!
3. Peace begins with a smile (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)
Smile and you’ll make this world a better place.
4. You will find your way in whispers of truth that you experience in your own daily life. And by following that path, you will find greater peace and joy throughout each day
Happiness is in the small, everyday details.
5. Great events make me calm and collected; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves (Queen Victoria)
Learn to endure the small obstacles of everyday life and relax your mind.
6. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without becoming entangled in it (Eckhart Tolle)
Concentration reveals our true self.
7. I practice staying calm all the time, starting from situations that are tense (Martha Beck)
What better way to train than to expose yourself to what makes you nervous?
8. Persecution, even of the best things, must be calm and collected (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
Only if we manage to calm our minds will you reach your goals.
9. Loneliness is the house of peace (Hodge)
As a social imperative, loneliness is sometimes frowned upon, but the truth is that a little solitude is ideal for relaxation. Give yourself a break!
10. How often do we talk just to fill the quiet space? How often do we lose our breath talking nonsense? (Colleen Patrick-Goudreau)
Sometimes the words are too much. Silence can be your best ally.
11. Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but flapping like hell below (Michael Caine)
Mental relaxation is not synonymous with laziness or apathy. Being relaxed and at the same time active is not incompatible.
12. Anyone can hold the rudder when the sea is calm (Publilio Siro)
But the really hard part is knowing how to handle a storm.
13. Those who are sick of the calm are those who do not know the storm (Dorothy Parker)
Sometimes, ignorance about what we should or shouldn’t face is what destabilizes us. It always prioritizes what is most urgent!
14. As a lifelong martial arts practitioner, I am able to remain calm in the midst of adversity and danger (Steven Seagal)
We can only be really relaxed in situations of chaos and instability.
15. Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the stormy sea of freedom (Thomas Jefferson)
Although peace and stability are desirable concepts, we must be careful not to fall into conformity, since that conformity, paradoxically speaking, could bring us suffering in the future.
16. The world is too quiet without you around (Lemony Snicket)
You know what they say; eyes that don’t see…
17. Stay calm, serene, always in command of yourself. Then discover how easy it is to get along (Paramahansa Yogananda)
Get along with yourself and you’ll get along with others.
18. For me sometimes a silent sky is more expressive than the roar of the sea (Munia Khan)
Who hasn’t ever been relaxed by a serene sky?
19. There is nothing more terrible than a deadly silence, with the feeling of a great noise around it (Jessie Douglas Kerruish)
Sometimes, silence can lead to tension and destabilization.
20. The miseries of all men derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone (Blaise Pascal)
As social animals, our mental relaxation depends on understanding each other.
21. Lower your heart rate, stay calm. You have to shoot in the middle of your heartbeat (Chris Kyle)
If you find you’re overly nervous, try taking a deep breath or counting to ten. I assure you it works.
22. You are the calm under the waves in the blue of my oblivion (Fiona Apple)
The couple can also be a great source of personal stability.
23. A calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so it is very important for good health (Dalai Lama)
To enjoy good health it is important to relax the mind.
24. I meditate, so I know how to find a quiet place to be calm and peaceful (Roseanne Barr)
The best hiding place for peace of mind is our mind.
25. Sometimes it is the silent observer who sees the most (Kathryn L. Nelson)
Observing the world gives you a unique view of reality, and that inevitably leads to a calming of the mind.
26. Silence is a lie that cries out in the light (Shannon L. Alder)
Indeed, sometimes silence can be overrated.
27. When adversity hits you, that’s when you have to be the calmest. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded, and keep going (LL Cool J)
To get out of trouble you have to stay calm, always.
28. The only order in the universe is only a cycle from calm to chaos and vice versa (Toba Beta)
This relaxation phrase is especially important : one must understand that absolute mental relaxation does not exist, life is chaos and movement. Accepting it with serenity is therefore the best option.
29. A samurai must remain calm at all times, even in the face of danger (Chris Bradford)
Samurai; ruthless warriors who feared nothing. Be a samurai of the 21st century!
30. For there is no better friend than a brother in a time of calm or storm; To cheer you up in the tedious way, to meet you if you go astray, to get up if you stagger, to strengthen you while you stand (Christina Rossetti)
Friends are a source of security, in every respect. After all, surely once a friend has calmed you down when you needed it most, right?
31. I am full of fears and I do my best to avoid difficulties and any kind of complications. I like everything around me to be crystal clear and completely calm (Alfred Hitchcock)
Absolute calm, in its metaphysical sense, is what every human being longs for almost instinctively.
32. What had been quiet and peaceful was now silent and empty (Frederick Barthelme)
A disturbing sound is not the same as a relaxing sound. Learn to tell them apart!
33. I love taking a bath with beautiful, relaxing music, and not being in a hurry to do anything. It’s a wonderful indulgence, and it helps me calm down and stop running my mind overtime (Kylie Minogue)
Sometimes, little whims can serve to relax you mentally.
34. A quiet man is like a tree that gives shade. People who need shelter come to him (Toba Beta)
With mental relaxation you not only help yourself but also others.
35. It’s all quiet now. So quiet that you can almost hear other people’s dreams (Gayle Forman)
Mental relaxation, in an indirect way, will give you more insight in dealing with people.
36. When you’re crazy, you learn to be quiet (Philip K. Dick)
Sometimes, you only get to bail out when you’ve hit rock bottom. Don’t underestimate suffering, it can be key to relaxation to calm your mind.
37. In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for the constructive use of solitude. The fear of being alone must be overcome (Rollo May)
One of the greatest dramas of our age is that of not knowing how to be alone.
38. Sweet are the thoughts with pleasant contents, the quiet mind is richer than a crown (Robert Greene)
Mental relaxation will not only help you to be healthier physically, but also to develop creativity.
39. Give your husband any bad news when everything is calm, not when he opens the door (Indra Devi)
Sometimes, you have to know how to choose the context when explaining things.
40. There is no more calm than that engendered by reason (Seneca)
Reason as opposed to emotion?
41. A happy man is one who, being a king or a peasant, finds peace in his home (Goethe)
The family unit is one of the foundations of society. Treat your family well and you will achieve happiness.
42. More than one tranquil river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none rushes or stirs all the way to the sea (Mikhail Lermontov)
Problems always end up happening. Sometimes, achieving peace is a matter of knowing how to let time pass.
43. I’m a minimalist. I like to say the maximum with the minimum (Bob Newhart)
Minimalism has the amazing ability to calm our minds, but have you ever approved of applying it to human relationships?
44. That’s the simple secret of happiness. Whatever you do, don’t let the past get in the way, don’t let the future bother you (Osho)
Don’t let the past get in the way of your future!
45. Calm and confidence are as far from vanity as the desire for a decent life is from greed (Channing Pollock)
Stay away from vices as a soul that leads to the devil, they are a source of personal instability.
46. Romance is stormy. Love is calm (Mason Cooley)
We must differentiate between possessive or puerile love, and mature love which is a source of understanding and empathy.
47. Be patient. Wait until the mud settles and the water is clear. Stay still until the right action comes on its own (Lao Tzu)
The best opportunities sometimes arise from patience.
48. Worried about a single leaf you will not see the tree (Vagabond)
Having a holistic view of reality will give you a perspective that will help you calm your mind.
49. Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the peace and happiness we all seek (Dalai Lama)
Isn’t our mind at rest for a simple and mere matter of selfishness? Of giving ourselves more importance than we really have?
50. It is not wealth or splendor, but tranquility and occupation that gives you happiness (Thomas Jefferson)
Feeling useful to yourself and others is a source of inner peace.
51. Only from an inner calm, man was able to discover and form calm environments (Stephen Gardiner)
From despair can only come chaos, but from calm comes order.
52. The calmer a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power. Peace of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom (James Allen)
Only by silencing your mind will you parade down the infinite path to wisdom.
53. He sustains me by the tranquility of a right and loyal heart (Peter Stuyvesant)
There is no spiritual calm without morality.
54. Peace comes from within. Don’t look for it outside (Siddhārtha Gautama)
Don’t hold others responsible for what happens to you, you have the key to taking control of your life .
55. True joy is born of a good conscience
And you are only more aware when you keep your own thoughts at bay
56. Peace cannot be maintained by force; it can only be achieved by understanding (Albert Einstein)
When you understand yourself in all its essence, you understand others.
57. Perfect tranquillity consists in good order of mind, in your own kingdom (Marcus Aurelius)
I think this relaxation phrase can be especially helpful to you.
58. Silence is the true friend who never betrays (Confucius)
In a world with so much noise… a little silence always comes in handy.
59. Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself. You will then find how easy it is to get along (Paramahansa Yogananda)
Control of emotions is essential for you to be able to relax.
60. Happiness is nature, beauty and tranquility (Debasish Mridha)
Try a stress relief trip!
61 . Old age leads to an indifferent tranquillity that ensures inner and outer peace (Anatole France)
We should listen to our elders more, for only old age brings wisdom.
62. Wisdom comes from reflection (Deborah Day)
Reflect on things, and you will find the way to wisdom.
63. Peace is always beautiful (Walt Whitman)
When you find spiritual peace, you will see something very beautiful in it.A phrase from the great Walt Whitman.
64. Movement is tranquility (Stirling Moss)
Movement is life! A good method you can use to calm your mind is to do sport. Simple, isn’t it?
65. Happiness is a state of consciousness that comes from tranquillity, service, love and forgiveness (Debasish Mridha)
Happiness is not a state of euphoria where everything is pink, nor will it ever be the best party of your life . Happiness, however, is about knowing how to keep your mind calm.
66. The true spiritual progress of the aspirant is measured by the degree to which inner tranquillity is achieved (Swami Sivananda)
Stay calm inside and you will progress in your life.
67. We prefer self-government in danger to serfdom in tranquility (Kwame Nkrumah)
Sometimes tranquility is a treacherous phenomenon. Learn to distinguish good quiet from bad.
68. The best man to listen is the silent one (Japanese proverb)
Quiet people sometimes bring us a lot of relaxation. Surround yourself with quiet people!
69. True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment (William Penn)
The constant mental dialogues, which colloquially come to be called “scratching”, are completely counterproductive in calming the mind.
70. Those who are free from resentment will find safe peace (Buddha)
Resentment and revenge are a cancer of the soul. With such a weight one cannot be happy. Free yourself from all harmful emotions, for you and yours.
71. After the Storm Comes the Calm (Matthew Henry)
It will all pass, don’t lose hope!
72. The most evident sign that the truth has been found is inner peace (Amado Nervo)
Reach for peace, and you will reach for the truth.
73. Silence is the source of strength (Lao Tzu)
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, and I certainly don’t think silence will kill you.
74. Fame and tranquillity can never be bedfellows (Michel de Montaigne)
If you pretend to have a quiet life and want to be famous, either assume you will have a stressful life or better devote yourself to something else.
75. Our greatest gift is the thunder of Silence (Joel Goldsmith)
Silence, for better or worse, is devastating most of the time.
76. Silence is medication for pain (Arabic proverb)
Who hasn’t wanted to be alone when one is in pain?
77. In hard times and in good times, always try to be calm (Napoleon)
Pay attention to Napoleon Bonaparte , his mettle served him to conquer almost all of Europe.
78. Silence is a fence around wisdom (German proverb)
You may find different phrases in this post contradictory if you take them out of context, but they don’t complement each other around the same topic; learn to discern between the silence that brings you closer to personal relaxation and the one that takes you away. Nothing in this life is absolute.
79. All God wants from man is a peaceful heart (Meister Eckhart)
If we all relaxed a little, that would inevitably lead to the next logical result: peace on Earth.
80. There is no path to peace, there is only peace (Gandhi)
Peace should be the primary goal of every individual.
81. Silence is more musical than any song (Christina Rossetti)
Silence can be honey to our ears.
82. Stress comes from the way you relate to events or situations (Chris Prentiss)
Learn to take a distant view with everything that causes you distress.
83. Absolute calm is not the law of the ocean. The same thing happens in the ocean of life (Paulo Coelho)
In life we will encounter many problems, but this does not have to overcome you!An inspiring sentence by Paulo Coelho.
84. Stress is an ignorant state. With it you think everything is an emergency. Nothing is that important (Natalie Goldberg)
Learn to give things the importance they really deserve.
85. Dolphins that jump a lot, wind brings and calm frightens.
It seems to apply to people as well, doesn’t it?
86. Sometimes patience bears more fruit than the deepest calculations (Anonymous)
They say that patience is the mother of science. In order to have patience it is indispensable that you calm your mind, everything else will come by itself.
87. Remember that the more nervous people are, the more helpful it is to feel calm (Anonymous)
When everything falls apart, temperance of heart is necessary.
88. I discovered that those who rarely dwell on their emotions know better than anyone what an emotion is (John Cage)
There is no glory without suffering, indeed.
89. One must always act with calm and tranquillity (St. Francis de Sales)
If you do things quickly, not only will you get more out of it, but you’ve created a future source of stress and anxiety.
90. If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is (Anonymous)
Don’t forget to focus on the here and now!
91. Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means that you have decided to look beyond imperfections (Anonymous)
Learn to value what you have, and love those around you.
92. The virtue is in being calm and strong; with the interior fire everything is burned (Rubén Darío)
We cannot be slaves to our passions, as rational beings we have the capacity to control them.
93. All the total harmony of this world is formed by discordances (Seneca)
Accepting this maxim will save you a lot of suffering. Things are as they are.
94. Everything works out well for people of sweet and cheerful character (Voltaire)
To relax your mind, always keep a positive attitude.
95. Everything we are is the result of what we have thought; it is founded on our thoughts and made up of our thoughts (Buddha)
That is why it is advisable to banish all negative thoughts from the mind.
96. Everything passes; only serenity remains (Lao Tse)
Nothing is eternal, but stability can only generate more stability, and stability is lasting.
97. Every day God gives us a moment when it is possible to change everything that makes us unhappy. The magic instant is the moment when a yes or a no can change our whole existence (Paulo Coelho)
Don’t waste the opportunity to improve your life!
98. Guilt, repentance, resentment, sadness, and any form contrary to forgiveness, is caused by an excess of the past and a lack of the present (Eckhart Tolle)
Let bygones be bygones. What does it matter?
99. If we are not at peace with ourselves, we cannot guide others in the search for their own peace (Confucius)
Just as a blind man cannot lead another blind man.
100. If we do not have peace within us, it is useless to look for it outside (François de la Rochefoucauld)
Seek inner peace not only for yourself, but for others.
101. If you are in the habit of taking things joyfully, you will rarely find yourselves in difficult circumstances (Robert Baden-Powell)
Sometimes, a self-deception is arranged, by autosuggestion, in fact. Even if at first you find it hard to believe, try to smile, the results will come.
102. Seeking happiness is one of the main sources of unhappiness (Eric Hoffer)
There is no such thing as absolute happiness. Don’t look for it, it will come by itself .
103. Have a good conscience and you will always have joy. If there is any joy in the world, it is surely that of the man with a pure heart (Anonymous)
A cheerful attitude will help us find that mental relaxation that we need so much.