The best players in the history of basketball are not just remembered like that. Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Bill Russell, Kevin Garnett, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson great athletes who contributed, each in his own time, to popularizing the sport of canasta.
The best basketball phrases they left us were really impressive and inspiring and that is why today we still allude to them, because the legacy they left us will be passed on from generation to generation.
Basketball phrases: Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and many more
Below we leave you with the best quotes from basketball, the NBA, the ACB and many more important leagues in the world.
1. There is no comparison possible with the Dream Team. (Patrick Ewing)
The Jamaican pivot was clear: no other team can overshadow the U.S. team that played in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics.
2. Sometimes a player’s biggest challenge comes in relation to his role on the team. (Scottie Pippen)
The forward, who played his best years with Jordan at the Chicago Bulls, discusses the importance of each player’s role in relation to collective needs.
3. I always have a ball in the car. You never know. (Hakeem Olajuwon)
The African center demonstrates with this phrase his infinite love for basketball.
4. Do your best when no one’s looking. If you do that, you can be successful at anything you set your mind to. (Bob Cousy)
One of the pioneers of American basketball, about the capacity for sacrifice and effort.
5. You can’t be afraid of failure. It’s the only way you succeed, you won’t succeed forever, I know. (LeBron James)
An active player who has changed the game mode. In this sentence he underlines that success also brings about small, partial failures.
6. I think someone should explain to the kids that it’s normal to make mistakes. That’s how we learn. When we compete, we make mistakes. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
Another phrase, this time from the angelic pivot, which reminds us that the road to success is not a straight line.
7. Leadership is fighting for a lost ball, having everyone involved, all the other players. It’s being able to take ownership and delegate. That’s the only way you can get the respect of your teammates. It’s getting everyone to believe in you and always give your best. (Larry Bird)
The mythical Celtics shooter, about effort and leadership.
8. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships. (Michael Jordan)
The difference between individualism and teamwork.
9. I’ve never thought about the consequences of missing a big shot… when you think about the consequences, you’re thinking about a negative outcome. (Michael Jordan)
The Bulls’ 23rd winning mentality was absolutely epic.
10. You always have to be on the edge. You have to do every practice, every game, as if it were your last (Kobe Bryant)
No one has ever succeeded without giving 200% of their chances.
11. I’ve missed over 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the winning shot in a game and I’ve missed it. I’ve failed over and over again in my life and that’s why I succeed. (Michael Jordan)
One-time failures set you on a path to great success.
12. You have to give 125 percent. Put your heart and soul into it; learn to have a positive and winning attitude. Don’t accept defeat, but learn from it. (Magic Johnson)
Another great player, Earvin Magic Johnson, gives us his view on effort and learning.
13. The strength of the team is in each individual member. The strength of each member is in the team. (Phil Jackson)
The former player and coach, in another famous quote praising the teamwork.
14. One man can be a crucial ingredient in a team, but one man cannot make a team. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
Another reflection that emphasizes the whole over individualities.
15. I have a theory that if you give 100% all the time, somehow things will work out in the end. (Larry Bird)
Sacrifice always has a reward.
16. I’m going to do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a glass of water to a teammate or hitting the winning shot. (Kobe Bryant)
The winning mentality of the KB24 escort.
17. You must expect things of yourself before you can do them.(Michael Jordan)
Focusing on future skills is the best way forward.
Basketball is a team sport in which two teams of five players compete on a parquet court. The goal of this team game is to get the ball into the opposing team’s basket, a metal ring located at a height of 3.05 meters. The height of the target makes many of the professionals in this sport individuals of an unusual height.
Motivational Basketball Phrases
We continue with more famous basketball quotes that leave a great taste in our mouths, as they highlight the value of effort and companionship.
18. I’ve had enough success for two lives together, my success is talent along with hard work and a good dose of luck. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
Lew Alcindor was very clear on how to achieve his goals.
19.The most important part of the profession lies on the training track, not in the game. You get to a point where you have to trust the players to translate what they have learned into action. (Phil Jackson)
Wise words from perhaps the greatest basketball coach in history.
20. Losing balls is the prelude to a bad attack. (Antonio Díaz Miguel)
One of the main fears of coaches is poor passing selection and tactical mismatches.
21. Getting good players is easy. Getting them to play together is the hardest part. (Casey Stengel)
The cohesion between basketball stars is very complex.
22. All coaches are creative, but if you don’t have a good database you don’t get anywhere. (Gustavo Aranzana)
The analytical aspect is essential to be an elite coach.
23. You can’t choose how to lose, but you can choose how to recover to win next time. (Pat Riley)
Another outstanding coach, about resilience in sport.
24. When you get to that level, it’s not a question of talent anymore, because all players have a lot of talent. It’s about preparation, playing smart and making good decisions. (Hakeem Olajuwon)
The role of decisions at an elite level.
25. I just did my job; playing basketball and winning rings. I was never distracted by everything around me, if that happened to others it played in our favor. (Bill Laimbeer)
The ‘bad boy’, with his pragmatic vision of the championship.
26. Every hour I’m not in the gym, I know someone’s training to take me down. (Karl Malone)
If you don’t train hard, your opponent will have it much easier.
27. If I had an 80% success rate on free throws, I would surely be an arrogant person and not a humble one. So there’s a reason for everything. (Shaquille O’Neal)
Shaq and his particular sense of humor.
28. Just because you put a man in a suit doesn’t mean he’s a good guy. (Allen Iverson)
Appearances can be deceiving. This phrase was uttered by the controversial escort Allen Iverson.
29. You never know what they’re expecting from you, so just go out there and play. (Manu Ginobili)
The Argentine escort has this interesting opinion.
30. If you do your best, you have nothing to be ashamed of. A defeat is not a disgrace. (Dirk Nowitzki)
The German power forward puts bad games into perspective.
31. No one should expect more of you than you do of yourself. (Carmelo Anthony)
Motivation in full flow with the scoring eagle Melo Anthony.
32. Success is not an accident, success is a choice. (Stephen Curry)
The recent MVP tells us about his philosophy of life.
33. The key is consistency: if you want to be a great shooter, you must always shoot the same way. (Ray Allen)
One of the best shooters reveals the key to success.
34. In the face of adversity, I grow up and have always lived with the pressure of expectations. (Pau Gasol)
The Spanish never give up.
35.The biggest difference is in leadership. It was better for us. We had more coaches and mentors to help us. Many of today’s younger players suffer from a lack of direction. (Isiah Thomas)
The mythical Detroit Pistons base talked about leadership skills like this.
36. Arvydas Sabonis could have died on the court, literally. I’ve never seen a player shoot a basket with so much pressure on his back. (Don Nelson)
The coach thus highlighted the winning mentality of the Lithuanian pivot.
37. All children need is a little help, a little hope and someone who believes in them. (Magic Johnson)
The basis, in a memorable and tender phrase.
38. Never underestimate the heart of a champion. (Rudy Tomjanovich)
An inspiring phrase like few others.
We hope you liked these basketball phrases . We made them with a lot of love. Would you like to share some more? Write it in the comments section.
39. There is no greater motivator on earth than yourself. (Magic Johnson)
If you trust your chances, you’ll get through this.
40.Good teams become great teams when their members trust their teammates so much that the “we” prevails over the “I”. (Phil Jackson)
About camaraderie and blind trust in the team.
41. It’s about time. Last year I played with hate, but this year I played again with much love and passion. (LeBron James)
The resurrection of a great player.
42. My parents are my backbone. They still are. They’re the only people who will support you whether you score zero points or 40. (Kobe Bryant)
About paternal and family love, the angelic escort leaves us this phrase that should be taken into account.
43.Sex and golf are the only things you can have a good time in, even if they are bad. (Charles Barkley)
“Fat” Barkley always has a clever answer.
44. Not always do the tallest reach the top, not always do the fastest reach the top, not always do the strongest win the battle. But those who train the most, work the hardest and believe in the team the most will win. (Pau Gasol)
The Barcelona power forward leaves us with this tremendously motivating phrase.
45.A good result is to have done your best. (John Wooden)
One of the forerunners of this sport has a phrase that rewards effort and not results.