50 goodbye sentences to say goodbye
Life can have good times and bad times.
Without a doubt, one of the most complicated is saying goodbye .
Saying goodbye is not always easy, especially when the person leaving has meant something very special in your life. But luckily, in some cases,
Saying goodbye to someone or something is a great opportunity to grow and find yourself again .
Farewell phrases to say goodbye to a loved one
But what are the best farewell phrases that different authors have given us over time? In today’s article,
You will find a collection of the best farewell phrases . Don’t miss them!
1. It is always harder to be left behind than to be the one who leaves (Brock Thoene)
No one likes to be rejected, especially when someone cares. That’s why it always hurts more when you’ve been told goodbye than when you’re the person who made the decision to leave. In the long run, however, the person who has been rejected may have reason not to want to know more about the other person, and even though the other person made the decision at the time, he or she may eventually regret it.
2.Every night after the goodbye, my heart freezes… (Mercedes Crowe)
Have you ever been dumped? I’m sure you remember how bad it gets at first, especially at night. When you are left, anxiety often takes over during the night hours, because you are usually less busy. The bed can become a hostile place, where it is difficult to fall asleep. Fortunately, with time, everything is overcome.
3. And as I leave, these will be my last words: I am leaving, I am leaving my love behind (Rabindranath Tagore)
This phrase seems easy to say, but reality is not always like that.
When there are feelings involved, the goodbye may not come at once . In fact, it is common to say goodbye to someone you love and regret it when you miss them.
4. The pain of separation is nothing compared to the joy of being reunited (Charles Dickens)
Separating from someone you love is very painful . But when you see him again the joy you feel is immense. Soon after the reunion it seems as if no time has passed between you.
5. The hands that say goodbye are birds that are dying slowly (Mario Quintana)
Brazilian poet Mario Quintana left this beautiful phrase for the record
or. Saying goodbye to someone special forever is, without a doubt, one of the worst experiences a human being can have .
6. Goodbyes always hurt, even when they are long overdue (Arthur Schnitzler)
Goodbyes are not pleasant and sometimes the memory can last a long time . People who have marked us may not disappear forever. Even if the goodbye is accepted, the memory can remain alive forever.
7. Amongst the flowers you left. Among the flowers I stay (Miguel Hernández)
When you come across that someone unique to you and for some reason you have to separate your paths,
you may walk away but there will always be something of that person inside you .
8. Only what is lost is acquired forever (Henrik Ibsen)
It can happen that you live with someone for many years, and because of monotony, in the end you are not aware of what you had. But when that person leaves,
the emptiness it leaves inside you can be so great that you then realize what you have lost .
9. There is no kiss that is not the beginning of farewell, even the arrival one (George Bernard Shaw)
This phrase from George Bernard Shaw means that
everything has a beginning and an end and this is the law of life . Even the first kiss will one day be the last.
10. Love is so short and forgetfulness so long (Pablo Neruda)
A great phrase by Pablo Neruda that refers to
intense love is the most missed . And that is because, however brief it may have been, if there really was something special, forgetting it is a great pity.
11. I say goodbye to you for life, but I will continue to think of you for life (José Ángel Buesa)
When love is true and feels intense and deep,
saying goodbye doesn’t have to mean the end , because inside the head of the person you love, the memory can still be very much alive.
12. Goodbye is always painful. I prefer a “see you soon”! (Unknown)
This is a phrase that we have probably used everything, as it is quite popular.
The truth is that it hurts less to think about a goodbye! than a goodbye! .
13. Love does not end just by saying goodbye, we must remember that being absent does not cancel out the memory, does not buy oblivion, nor does it erase us from the map (Ricardo Arjona)
Goodbye, therefore, is not the end of a great love.
The years may pass and, depending on the person and the intensity of the feeling, the memory may still be very much alive .
14. Do you want us to keep a sweet memory of this love?…for let us love each other very much today, and tomorrow let us say goodbye! (Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer)
Many times we have something that we don’t value until we lose it . And the same thing happens in interpersonal relationships. We have to value the people we have close to us, because if one day they are not there, we may then realize what they meant to us.
15. Only in the agony of parting are we able to understand the depth of our love (George Eliot)
This phrase has the same meaning as the previous one.
When we lose someone important, the pain we feel makes us see what that person really was for us .
16. I say goodbye to you for life, even if I keep thinking about you for the rest of my life (José Ángel Buesa)
There are times when people can end a relationship, but the memory of the other person really lives on. Has that ever happened to you?
Are you still thinking about him or her?
If you want to know why this happens to you, this post will interest you: ”
Why can’t I stop thinking about my ex? Four keys to understanding him.
17. A million words can’t bring you back. I know, because I’ve tried. Neither can a million tears. I know, because I’ve cried myself to sleep (Unknown)
A magnificent phrase that exemplifies what happens when we miss that special person . We have all been through it, and it is one of the great experiences that allow us to grow and be better people.
18. Someday you will hear from me again, and you will look at me and conclude that without you… I am happy…
But goodbyes don’t always mean that you positively remember the other person.
There are times when goodbye is the best way to be a little happier .
19. Can miles really separate you from friends… If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you there already? (Richard Bach)
Distance does not have to mean oblivion , because when you have that person in your mind you feel them very close. Even if physically you are not with them, mentally you are.
20. It is not the days that we remember, but the moments (Walt Disney)
What we’ll really remember about someone is not the time we spent together,
but the moments lived and the intensity of the feelings .
21. Perhaps part of loving is learning to let go (Anonymous)
Loving someone else means that, by force majeure, we are obliged to let them go.
Sad, but true .
22. They said goodbye and in the goodbye was already the welcome (Mario Benedetti)
The Uruguayan poet and
his particular way of observing a temporary goodbye of two people who love each other .
23. Goodbye! Goodbye forever, my good friend, sweet and sad memory of my childhood! (Edmondo de Amicis)
Amicis takes us back to childhood,
even with a melancholy memory .
24. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened (Dr. Seuss)
Dr. Seuss, in one of his most famous lines.
25.The world is round and that place that looks like an end could also be a beginning (Ivy Parker)
Ivy Baker Priest makes a poetic reflection on apparent endings and potential beginnings.
26. There are no goodbyes between us. Wherever you are, I will take you in my heart (Gandhi)
The referent of pacifism, Gandhi, left this emotional phrase to say goodbye.
27. We are only leaving to meet again (John Gray)
John Gay, in one of the farewell phrases that can be used when there is going to be a reunion later on.
28. No more words. We know them all, all the words that should not be spoken. But you have made my world more perfect (Terry Pratchett)
Terry Pratchett, in his book Nation,
left some sentences as emotional as this one, perfect to say goodbye .
29. It’s time to say goodbye, but goodbyes are sad and I prefer to say hello. Hello to a new adventure (Ernie Hardwell)
Commentator Ernie Harwell left one of the farewell phrases that centers the message around what is to come.
30. Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spend together that matters (Trey Parker)
takes away from the value of the moment of farewell to emphasize the good of the time spent in each other’s company.
31. History never says “goodbye.” What it says is always a “see you later” (Eduardo Galeano)
A sentence about the farewells of the Uruguayan writer Eduardo Galeano .
32. If you are brave enough to say “goodbye,” life will reward you with a new “hello” (Paulo Coelho)
One of the optimistic reflections of the writer Paulo Coelho.
33. Man’s feelings are always the purest and the brightest in welcomes and goodbyes (Jean Paul Richter)
Jean Paul Richter thus reflects on the relationship between emotions and the moments of saying “hello” and “goodbye”.
34. I never say good-bye, because good-bye means leaving and leaving means forgetting (J. M. Barrie)
J. M. Barrie treats the relationship between goodbyes and forgetting as inevitable.
35. Every game is a kind of death, just as every gathering is a kind of Heaven (Tryon Edwards)
Tryon Edwards contrasts goodbyes with meetings by exaggerating their emotional implications.
36. Remember me and smile, for it is better to forget than to remember me and cry (Dr. Seuss)
Another of Dr. Seuss’ farewell phrases, for the most painful farewells .
37. Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brought the end, and somewhere in between we became best friends (Anonymous)
An anonymous phrase to say goodbye highlighting the most positive part of the bond that unites two people.
38. This is not a goodbye, but a “thank you” (Nicholas Sparks)
A positive and joyful farewell phrase from Nicholas Sparks.
39. Great is the art of beginnings, but greater is the art of endings (Henry W. Longfellow)
With this personal appreciation, the important role of goodbyes is emphasized.
40. The two most difficult things to say are the first hello and the last goodbye (Moira Rogers)
An apparent paradox in which there is a similarity between different situations.
41. If we meet again, I hope it will be in a better world (Anonymous)
The afterlife, perhaps, awaits us with less suffering and more brotherhood.
42. Goodbye, my dearest love. Thank you for everything you gave me, and thank you for every time you think of me again (Alejandro Casona)
Even if we never see each other again, your imprint is indelible.
43.The worst goodbyes are those that were not said (Anonymous)
When we’re left with the urge to give one last kiss goodbye…
44. You left without warning, today I live from the happy memories you left me (Anonymous)
Good memories are also a source of melancholy.
45. Goodbye my friends, I am going to glory! (Isadora Duncan)
An optimistic phrase to say goodbye to unique friendships.
46. They both sighed the same thing and today they are part of a rain far away, do not be confused the grudge is not useful are spasms after the goodbye (Gustavo Cerati)
Poetic and sad, this phrase to say goodbye.
47. You see that the sorrow felt is so deep, that there is nothing sadder than the last goodbye (Mariano Melgar)
How hard it is when we have to see for the last time someone who has marked our life.
48.Farewell, pity me and do not stop loving me (Marquis de Sade)
A plea with a touch of humor, from the brilliant Marquis de Sade.
49. It will be better to forget everything this time, it will be better to go home later. On the cuckoo clock it is only six o’clock, goodbye baby, it seems like yesterday (Celeste Carballo)
A poem to say goodbye to someone you love.
50. Nothing and no one can stop them from suffering, from moving the clock forward, from deciding for them, from making mistakes, from growing and one day from saying goodbye (Joan Manuel Serrat)
A tender verse by the great Catalan singer-songwriter.