Friends become the most important people in our lives together with our relatives . They say that to have a friend is to have a treasure, and the truth is that there are things you would only tell a good friend (even before your parents).
Faithful and loyal friends are preserved throughout life, and are always there to help you in bad times.
Questions to know your friends better
If you want to get to know your friends better, and for them to share their concerns, thoughts and expectations with you, below you can find a list of 60 questions that will help you find out more about their life .
- You may want to read: “50 questions to get to know a person better”
Do you have any secrets that you haven’t told me?
We all have some secret in store that we won’t share with almost anyone. If he tells you, you have a lot of confidence.
2. Name three bands that have marked you
Music is something that inspires and motivates us . As far as musical tastes are concerned, each of us has his own. Besides, musical tastes say a lot about people, so you can get an idea of what it’s like.
3. What are you afraid of?
Confessing one’s fears to someone is also a sign of trust. If he opens his heart to you, you can be sure that you are important to him or her.
4. Where would you go on vacation?
This question is interesting in case you decide to go with him or her somewhere. That way you will know more or less if he or she shares the same tastes as you.
5. What would be your dream job?
Work is a very personal thing, and it’s a very important part of a person’s life. When you work at what you like, you’re happy.
6. If you could interview someone, who would it be?
A way to find out who inspires you in this life or if you have a character you’d like to be like.
7. Do you have a favorite book? What is it?
In the books a person reads, it is also possible to know what is troubling him or her. An adventure book, a psychology book… Let’s see what your friend responds to.
8. What do you value most about our friendship?
Very useful information to know what your friend thinks about you. Surely, if you have a close relationship, he will like you for who you are.
9. What does freedom mean to you?
This is one of those existential questions that will give you information about what their values are and what they think about freedom.
10. Which historical character would you like to have dinner with?
We’ve all noticed other people at some time in our lives. There are characters that have inspired us throughout our lives. For example, if you like poetry, maybe you would eat with Pablo Neruda, and if you like basketball, with Michael Jordan.
11. If you dominated the world, what would you do to change it?
If your friend is a critical thinker, has a good heart and is interested in social issues, he or she may have some ideas on how to make the world work better.
12. What superpower would you have if you could choose?
A rare question that can help relieve tension and make creativity work.
13. Is there any item of clothing you would never wear?
This question also requires the person to think and be creative in responding. The answers to this question can be very personal.
14. Do you often think about how you feel?
Emotionally intelligent people know their own emotions and therefore regulate them. But not everyone stops to think about their own thoughts or emotions.
15. Tell me four series that you like the most
In this way it is possible to know what their concerns and cultural tastes are. Maybe you like action or maybe you like humor.
16. What qualities do you value most in someone?
This question can be very personal, but it will certainly help you get to know your friend better and give you feedback on what he likes about someone and what he doesn’t.
17. How do you see the future?
Visualizing the future in one way or another provides information about someone’s aspirations, motivation and even self-confidence.
18. Sea or mountain?
There are people who prefer the mountain, because they like to ski or snowboard, for example. On the other hand, there are people who prefer the sun and the beach.
19. What’s your bedroom like?
At certain ages the bedroom is the most personal place in the house, especially during adolescence.
20. What would you eat at your last meal?
A way to know your food tastes, since if you had to choose your last delicacy, it would surely be the one you enjoy the most.
21. Do you identify with any song?
Music makes us feel very strong emotions and it is something very personal, which differs from one person to another.
22. What is the most shameful memory of your childhood?
We’ve all had good times and bad times in our childhood. It depends on your friend if he wants to tell you (and if he has accepted).
23. What is the most unpleasant mood for you?
With this question, your friend may express some concerns, fears or hobbies that he or she has that are likely to embarrass him or her.
24. What’s your favorite movie? Why?
Just like musical tastes or series, movies can also provide information about what your tastes are . For example, if you like romance or horror films.
25. How would you describe me?
How your friend sees you can be interesting. Don’t be surprised if the idea you have of yourself is not the same as the one your friend has. However, if he’s your friend, it’s for a reason.
26. Do you have any role models?
We’ve all been marked by someone, or we have someone we’d like to look like. A way of knowing what he’d like to look like.
27. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
We all had dreams and illusions during our childhood . Sometimes they come true and sometimes they don’t.
28. What do you desire most in this world?
Sometimes we have incomplete dreams or are halfway to achieving them. It’s nice that your friend shares his goals and objectives with you.
29. Do you have a favorite place to live?
The answer to this question can give you information about whether the person is comfortable living where they do or wants to change their place of residence.
30. Is there anything you think others think about you that isn’t true?
Your friend may think that others don’t know what he’s really like or have the wrong image of him. A similar question to the previous one, although in this case we are talking about a different facet of education: the role model that follows.
31. If you got a tattoo, what would it be?
Tattoos are in fashion and can mean something very personal. You may be surprised by his answer to this question.
32. What kind of music do you like best?
A similar question to that of the music band, but more focused on the musical genres and not so much on the artists who have influenced it.
33. What kind of people are you most sorry for?
Empathy is the ability to put yourself in the other’s shoes. This answer can give you information about whether or not your friend is empathetic.
34. If you were an animal… what would you be?
This question can reveal how your friend looks and what strengths or weaknesses he or she has.
35. Who is the most important person in your life?
The answer to this question cannot mean anything special either; but it may provide useful information in some cases, such as if your parents have separated.
36. What do you miss most about your childhood?
Childhood is a period of life that must be spent to become an adult. With this question it is possible to know if you still have a childish mentality.
37. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever done on a date?
There can be very funny answers to this question, which is a good way to create a relaxed atmosphere.
38. Would you forgive an infidelity?
Infidelity can be a very delicate time in a couple’s life. With this question it is possible to know if you are a forgiving person or not.
39. What has been your best moment in life?
We all go through good times and bad times in life. Some of them we will remember forever.
What fictional character do you most identify with?
Sometimes people can identify with some fictional characters that we consider to be role models.
41. Where would you go for an adventure?
These types of questions are intended to find out what the person is like and whether or not they are adventurous-minded.
42. Who has influenced you most in this life?
Although we have met many people in our lives, we all have someone who has marked us. Someone who has changed us for the better.
43. When did you realize that you were already an adult?
Indirectly, this question is a way of knowing whether the person we are talking to is mature or still has a childish mentality.
44. Where would you go with me to spend a few days?
I’m sure you and your friend have a lot in common. This question is ideal for planning a trip together.
45. What kind of people would you be ashamed to be seen with?
Some individuals think too much about the image they project to others , so they always take care to offer a good image. An answer that can reveal whether or not your friend is vain.
46 Which four adjectives tell you what you are like?
On the one hand, this question aims to find out whether the person knows himself or herself and whether he or she values himself or herself positively.
47. What would you like to achieve in this life?
This is another issue that provides information on the person’s expectations and concerns for the future.
48. Are you a superstitious person?
How does your friend perceive reality? This question helps you find out.
49. Do you like to know what is happening in other countries?
To find out how curious your friend is and if he cares about issues that occur in other parts of the world.
50. What do you like best about yourself?
Again, a way to know how your friend looks and how he is valued. It can tell you a lot about your self-esteem.
51. If you had to be on a reality show, what would it be about?
Not everyone is in favor of reality shows. One way to find out what your friend thinks about it.
52. What kind of people are most attractive to you?
As for physical attraction, there are tastes for everything. Do you share the same tastes with your friend? Let him or her tell you.
53. What is infidelity to you?
Infidelity is a sensitive subject, but not everyone has the same opinion about it. There are people who have a liberal view of relationships and others who have a more conventional mentality.
54. In what situations would you be willing to lie?
We’ve all lied at one time or another, it’s normal for human beings. Surely, in the face of this question, you want to show a positive image of yourself. But he may confess to you what he really thinks.
55 How would you define your type of sense of humor?
Logically, there are people with a greater sense of humour than others, and there are also many types of humour : black humour, absurdity… You probably already know your friend’s sense of humour, especially if he’s one of those people who doesn’t stop making jokes. Although he may be a rather serious person and you need to ask him about it.
56. What talent do you wish you had?
People have their strengths and weaknesses, and sometimes we wish for things we cannot have.
57. Where would you go to relax for a few days?
A way of knowing how to calm down a person . Some may enjoy surfing somewhere secluded and others may prefer a spa.
58. What are you most proud of in this life?
There are times in a person’s life when one feels very happy about what they have achieved. Ask your friend to share that special moment with you.
59. And… what do you regret most?
The same thing can happen with the most unpleasant moment. It’s good that he opens his heart to you and tells you.
60. What is your greatest virtue and your greatest defect?
A good question to know the image that your friend has of himself, both in good and bad.