In this article we have collected short phrases of happiness made to make us somewhat more likely to live day to day with joy .
Not only do they help us become a little more optimistic, but many of them are also reflections of such important thinkers as Albert Einstein , Aristotle or Hellen Keller .
Happy and positive phrases for all tastes
Remember, also, that in this same website you can find other articles compiling sentences, such as the following:
- 120 short positive phrases for living day to day with optimism
- 101 motivational phrases for focusing on success
- 123 wise phrases to reflect on life
- 64 Buddhist phrases for finding inner peace
- 75 philosophical phrases pronounced by great thinkers
Phrases of happiness to be more positive
Let’s get to know the best famous phrases that tell us about feelings of happiness and joy. Are you ready?
1. Things are beautiful if you love them
A clearly optimistic point of view can be seen in this sentence by Jean Anouilh .
2. There is only one form of happiness in life: to love and be loved
George Sand pronounces one of the most frequent phrases of happiness related to love.
3. Those who want to sing always find a song
A Swedish proverb that also fits perfectly among the phrases of happiness belonging to popular culture.
4. When you are true to yourself in what you do, fascinating things happen
Deborah Norville leaves us with a reflection on the wonders hidden in our daily realities.
5. Beauty is power, and a smile is its sword
An inspiring phrase from the English naturalist John Ray .
6. Happiness is the ultimate goal of human existence
One of the first phrases of happiness in history, in this case attributed to the father of philosophy in Europe, Aristotle .
7. Happiness is meant to be shared
Pierre Corneille , about the fraternal part of happiness.
8. The purpose of our lives is to be happy
One of the most remembered phrases of the Dalai Lama , is also one of the most popular phrases about happiness.
9. Life is either a great adventure or nothing
Hellen Keller , about the nature of life as something to be lived intensely.
10. The secret to happiness is having something to do
John Burroughs , on the simplicity with which we can find what makes us happy.
11. You can be happy wherever you are
Joel Osteen says that there are no excuses to voluntarily stay away from happiness
12. There is happiness in duty, even if it doesn’t seem so
José Martí makes us see the good side of obligations and responsibilities.
13. Happiness is not something that is postponed, but something that is designed for the present
Jim Rohn links the state of happiness with what we experience in the here and now.
14. Joy lies in the joy of achievement and in the excitement of creative effort
Franklin D. Roosevelt gives one of what, in his opinion, is a key to happiness.
15. Every time a door to happiness closes, another one immediately opens
Another of Hellen Keller’s best known phrases of happiness, about the opportunities that constantly come up.
16. Independence is happiness
Susan B. Anthony relates the ability to choose freely to happiness.
17. Happiness appears when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony
One of the phrases of Gandhi in which a very particular view is given of what joy and happiness are.
18. The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
Marthe Troly-Curtin gives us an excuse to keep doing what we like.
19. A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin. What more does one need to be happy?
One of the many positive phrases left by Albert Einstein , going beyond the field in which he was an expert.
20. No matter where you go: there you are
Confucius leaves one of the most powerful positive phrases.
21. Happiness is inside you, not next to you
The legend of the cinema, Marilyn Monroe , about happiness and love relationships
22. I have nothing to do today except smile
Paul Simon leaves this famous quote of happiness as simple as it is joyful and inspiring.
23. Kind words, a warm book, and an honest smile can work miracles
William Hazlitt , in one of those reflections that relate happiness to the small pleasures of everyday life.
24. The smile is a universal welcome
A way of seeing the usefulness of smiles, beyond borders. Quote from Max Eastman .
25. An optimist is the human embodiment of spring
One of the most poetic phrases of happiness, and this case of Susan J. Bissonette .
26. Smile, it’s free therapy
Douglas Horton may err on the side of reductionism when comparing smiles with a form of therapy, but the result is a picture that is worthwhile.
27. Being optimistic does not hurt anyone. You can always cry later
Lucimar Santos de Lima gives one more reason to stay positive-minded.
28. Laughter is a poison for fear
George R. R. Martin sees laughter from a somewhat martial point of view, but useful, in the end, to be more cheerful.
29. There is only one passion: the passion for happiness
The happiness embodied in the thought of Denis Diderot .
30. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier
Colin Powell in a sentence of happiness that is also motivating.
31. The term “happiness” would lose all meaning if it were not compensated for by sadness
The referent of the psychodynamic school, Carl Jung, about the relationship between happiness and sadness.
32. I enjoy my life because things are not going as planned
Rohit Pandita makes us see in a good light the apparent chaos of what happens in life.
33. Peace begins with a smile
Teresa of Calcutta puts the focus on the individual when talking about happiness.
34. Amazement awaits us at every corner
A way of relating the exciting to what we are used to in principle, by James Broughton .
35. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
One of the classic phrases of happiness from the famous architect of children’s stories, Dr. Seuss .
36. Live the life you love. Love the life you live
A very simple maxim from the legend of reggae Bob Marley .
37. To forgive oneself is to be happy
Robert Louis Stevenson believes that a sense of well-being springs up when we are reconciled with ourselves.
38. Happiness is something that is practiced, like the violin
John Lubbock leaves this reflection in which happiness is portrayed as a project to which one has to contribute every day.
39. Listen from time to time. It’s fascinating what you can hear
Another of the happy phrases that speak of the emotion of discovery, this time from Russell Baker .
40. Love will never leave us alone
Another of the happy quotes pronounced by the Jamaican singer Bob Marley , in this case related to love.
41. A joyful life is a unique creation that cannot be copied from a recipe
Mihaly Csikszentmihaly , one of the references of positive psychology, proposes this reflection of happiness so that we learn to appreciate the unrepeatable character of our lives.
42. Love is that micro-moment of warmth and connection that we share with another living being
Barbara L. Fredrickson , about the small moments of happiness we share in the moments when we share an emotional bond with someone.
43. Happiness is not out there for us to find, and the reason for that is that it is within us
One of the reflections of happiness pronounced by people who research in psychology departments, in this case the American Sonja Lyubomirsky .
44. Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when it is shared
Albert Schweitzer , on the paradox of happiness and fraternal connections.
45. The difference between mystery and happiness depends on what we do with our attention
Sharon Salzberg , about the relationship between the way attention is managed and the way happy moments are experienced.
46. A crisis is something that is bad to waste
A positive reflection by Paul Romer , about the potential of crises.
47. Becoming is better than being
Carol S. Beck about the moments of enjoyment that personal growth entails.
48. No matter what age, there is always something good to overcome
Lynn Johnston gives one of the phrases of happiness that touches, also the theme of challenges as something that motivates us to move forward.
49. If you do not know which port you are sailing to, no wind is favorable to you
The philosopher Seneca leaves one of the most iconic reflections on the way in which unhappiness can be, in part, sought.
50. Being entirely honest with yourself is good exercise
One of the phrases of happiness pronounced by Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis.
51. The happiness of our lives depends on the quality of our thoughts
A phrase attributed to Marcus Aurelius . It relates the idea of happiness to the mentality with which we interpret the world.
52. Happiness cannot be obtained by wanting to be happy. It has to appear as an unintended consequence of pursuing a goal greater than oneself
One of Viktor Frankl’s famous quotes on happiness, in which his humanistic approach can be seen.
53. Today is the first day of the rest of your life
A famous quote from Abbie Hoffman , about new beginnings.
54. Action is the fundamental ship of success
A quote from the painter Pablo Picasso , related to happiness but also to personal growth.
55. Unhappiness is defined as being the difference between our talents and our expectations
The psychologist Edward de Bono talks about the nature of unhappiness, showing one of the keys to not falling into it.
56. Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen
A recommendation by Conan O’Brien
57. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts
This optimistic reflection is from Eleanor Roosevelt.
58. What is beautiful never dies
One of Thomas Bailey Aldrich’s phrases of happiness and beauty.
59. Flowers grow from the darkest moments
The artist and educator Corita Kent reflects on our capacity for self-improvement and resilience .
60. Happiness is not something that is already done, it emanates from our own actions
The Dalai Lama reflects on the nature of authentic happiness.
61. Many times, happiness slips through a door you didn’t know you left open
John Barrymore points out the unexpectedness of some accidents that do not produce joy .
62. No one can hurt me without my permission
One of Mahatma Gandhi’s most quoted phrases.
63. From time to time it is good to stop looking for happiness and just be happy
Guillaume Apollinaire talks about how good we can find in the simplicity of the present.
64. If you can imagine it, you can do it
A hopeful reflection by Walt Disney that speaks to us about human potential .
65. Remember that the happiest people are not the ones who earn the most, but the ones who give the most
H. Jackson Brown Jr. links happiness with solidarity and empathy.
66. There is no one happier than someone who is truly grateful
Joyce Meyer talks about the happiness associated with those lucky moments
67. When we are most alive is when we fall in love
A reflection by John Updike about the euphoria felt in love.
68. Everything you can imagine is real
Another of the phrases about the blurred limits of the potential we carry within us.
69. Joy is the simplest form of gratitude
A demonstration of happiness can be a way to reciprocate the help of others.
70.The most healing therapy is friendship and love
Humane treatment and empathy, together with time sharing, are basic ingredients of happiness .
71. A friend is what the heart constantly needs
Henry van Dyke points to one of the primary sources of happiness and well-being.
72. Moving forward is a simple act, what is left behind is what is hard
Musician Dave Mustaine speaks in these terms of resilience.
73. Silence is a great source of strength
This reflection of Lao Tzu points out one of the corners of our life from which we can draw energy to be happy.
74. Great works are not done by force but by perseverance
A sentence by Samuel Johnson about what makes great projects come true .
75. Happiness is only real when it is shared
A beautiful reflection by Christopher McCandless.
76. Happiness is not a matter of intensity, but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. (Thomas Merton)
A way of seeing life with more pause and balance between heart and reason.
77. Don’t let your happiness depend on someone, because that person will not always be as you think. (Albert Einstein)
If your happiness depends on someone other than you, it’s an ephemeral happiness.
78. Happiness is a form of courage. (Holbrook Jackson)
Few people are willing to have this positive attitude to life.
79. If you want to understand the word happiness, you must understand it as a reward and not as an end. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
It is the reward for positive processes and personal development, according to the author of The Little Prince.
80. All happiness depends on courage and work. (Honoré de Balzac)
The necessary foundations for a full life.
81. If the day hasn’t been worth it, it’s because you’re racking up smiles for tomorrow. (Boño Toboso)
Reflection of the popular Barcelona poet.