What is the another word for reduce?
Some common synonyms of reduce are abate, decrease, diminish, dwindle, and lessen.
Which are the antonyms?
Antonyms are words that have opposite meanings. For example, an antonym of day is night, and an antonym of on is off. The term antonym comes from antonymy, which is the technical grammar term for words that have contradictory meanings—but you can think of antonyms as opposites.
What is a an antonym?
Definition of antonym
: a word of opposite meaning The usual antonym of good is bad.
Is reduce and decrease the same?
Some common synonyms of decrease are abate, diminish, dwindle, lessen, and reduce. While all these words mean “to grow or make less,” decrease suggests a progressive decline in size, amount, numbers, or intensity.
What is the antonym of produce?
What is the opposite of produce?
How do you use reduce in a sentence?
- The medicine reduces the risk of infection.
- We are trying to reduce our debt.
- Stricter speed limit enforcement has reduced the number of car accidents.
- Her prison sentence was reduced from 15 years to 10.
- a drastically reduced price.
Which word from the passage is the opposite of reduced?
In general, adjectives and adverbs have opposite meanings, that is, words reporting quality and quantity often have opposite words. Opposites of Reduce; rise. increment.
Which is the closest antonym for the word poverty?
What is reduce example?
To reduce is to make something smaller or to become or feel smaller, or forcing someone into a less desirable position. When you sell off half of your doll collection, your actions are an example of reduce. An example of reduce is when your stomach gets smaller because you are on a diet; your stomach reduces.
What are the 10 example of reduce?
1) Use paper bags: Instead of plastic bags, use paper bags. 2) Clothes: The clothes you wear should not be discarded and be recycles.
- 5) Garbage: Discard each waste product properly and in a proper way.
- 6) Single use food containers should not be used.
- 7) Choose walking or bi-cycle over driving a car.
Has been reduced meaning?
1. to bring down to a smaller size, amount, price, etc. 2. to lower in degree, intensity, etc. 3. to demote to a lower rank.
Why does reduce mean?
reduce in American English. 1. to bring down to a smaller extent, size, amount, number, etc. 2.
What is the verb of reduce?
verb (used with object), re·duced, re·duc·ing. to bring down to a smaller extent, size, amount, number, etc.: to reduce one’s weight by 10 pounds.
What is the meaning of reduce answer?
Reduce means decrease in something or the thing because less. For example = the population in this area is reduce because of kind people. I hope this help you.
What is reduce for kids?
Reduce/Reduction: to make something smaller or use less, resulting in a smaller amount of waste.
What is the root word of reduce?
The word reduce first appeared in Old French during the 14th Century, when it meant “bring back.” From the Latin re, which meant “back,” coupled with ducere, meaning “bring or lead” — we ended up with reduce.