Cristiano Ronaldo’s Top 50 Famous Quotes
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro (1985 – present), is a professional soccer player born in Madeira, Portugal. Although currently playing for Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo has also played for Manchester United FC and Sporting CP.
Playing as a striker, Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more than 300 goals for Real Madrid and has won 5 Golden Balls, the most prestigious award a player can get individually. In fact, he shares the Golden Ball record with another contemporary football legend, Lionel Messi, with five each.
- “The 66 best phrases of football and footballers”
- “George Best’s 27 Greatest Quotes”
Famous quotes from Cristiano Ronaldo
Known for being a physical prodigy and one of the best players in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo has also been criticised for his big ego and the luxurious lifestyle he leads.
Below, we review Cristiano Ronaldo’s 50 best phrases .
1. I want to be remembered as part of the group of the best players.
Ambitious sentence where he makes clear his objectives
2. Your love makes me strong, your hate makes me unstoppable.
Cristiano Ronaldo not only feeds on the admiration he arouses, but also on mistrust.
3. I always want to play well and win titles. I’m just at the beginning.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s phrase where we see that the Portuguese doesn’t put any kind of roof over his head.
4. Maybe they hate me because I’m so good.
This is not the first time that Christian has spoken of his detractors.
5. The experience makes you understand that playing as a team and being supportive will help you achieve greater goals
After all, football is a team sport
6. My mental strength is very important to me.
It’s not all about physical endurance.
7. I’m living a dream that I never want to wake up from.
There is no doubt that Christian is one of the most envied people in the world. He knows this and is grateful for it.
8. There’s nothing wrong with dreaming of being the best player in the world. It’s about trying to be the best. I will continue to work hard to achieve this, it is within my means.
Phrase where you question, why is high aspiration bad?
9. Some fans boo and whistle at me because I’m handsome, rich and a good player. They envy me.
One of his most famous phrases he mentioned after a match with his current team, Real Madrid.
10. I still remember when my teacher told me that football didn’t feed me.
Will the teacher remember the moment when I said these words to her?
11. I don’t want to be compared to anyone, I’d like to impose my own style of play and do what’s best for me and the club.
Cristiano Ronaldo does not intend to emulate any other player.
12. Without football, my life would be worthless.
Football is not only his job, it is his great passion.
13. Every season is a new challenge for me, and I always aim to improve in terms of games, goals and assists.
Phrase where his spirit of self-improvement comes out once again.
14. I’m not a perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done right. More than that, I feel an endless need to learn, to improve, to get involved, not only to please the coach and the fans, but to feel satisfied with myself.
Great words that we can all apply to all aspects of life.
15. I’ll be very proud if one day I have the same esteem as George Best or David Beckham. That’s what I’m working on.
Although he is never hurt by his detractors, Cristiano Ronaldo longs for the sympathy that other players provoked.
16. I know whoever likes football likes me.
Phrase where Cristiano Ronaldo calls himself “good football”.
17. There are opportunities today that no one knows if they will come again in the future.
Christian values the present and knows that not everything always stays the same
18. Talent isn’t everything. You can have it from the cradle, but you need to learn the trade to be the best.
As Picasso said, success comes more from work than talent.
19. People have to understand one thing: at 18, I arrived at a dream club like Manchester United. It was a dream come true. But even at that time, I was thinking about playing in England for a few years and then going to play in Spain. Even then I was thinking like that, and I always gave it 100 per cent.
Cristiano Ronaldo recalls his sporting career and I remember that he always put a lot of work into it.
20. I’m proud to play for Real Madrid because I have fun; when you don’t have fun it’s a sign that it’s time to leave. For now, I’m happy here in the biggest club in the world.
Real Madrid had always been the club that Cristiano Ronaldo had wanted to play for.
21. I am very happy to sign for the best club in the world and especially proud to be the first Portuguese to play for United.
Phrase that Cristiano Ronaldo said when signing for Manchester United, team with which he would win his first Champions League
22. I want to win, no matter where.
Winning is the Portuguese maxim.
23. My father was always in a good mood, he loved football. It makes me a little sad because if he could enjoy seeing me now, what I’ve achieved, that would be the best thing in his life. But I’m sure he looks after me from above.
In 2005 Cristiano Ronaldo lost his father and in this sentence the player regrets that he has not been able to enjoy his professional career.
24. When you lose someone you love so much, surviving the loss is difficult.
Phrase in reference to his father’s death.
25. I also have my faults, but I am a professional who does not like to lose or fail.
Despite not being perfect, Cristiano Ronaldo always gives his all.
26. I have practically no private life. I’m used to it by now. Yeah, it’s hard sometimes, but it’s the choice I made.
Cristiano Ronaldo can’t go anywhere without being mobbed by the people and the paparazzi.
27. It’s obvious that it bothers people when Real Madrid wins. It makes them jealous. There is no level playing field.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s phrase where he praises his club.
28. If God does not please everyone, they will not like me.
One of those phrases where Christian puts God above him.
29. Why lie? I will not be a hypocrite and say the opposite of what I think, as others do.
The brutal honesty of the honest has earned him many enemies.
30. I’m still learning, but I think it’s the best thing in life to have a child.
Cristiano Ronaldo already has two children, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. and Mateo Ronaldo.
31. I am aware that whatever the circumstances, there will always be speculation about me.
Cristiano Ronaldo is aware that he is at a level where it is impossible for everyone to like him.
32. I never promise anything. I don’t promise anything to my mother. I don’t promise anything to amateurs.
Cristiano Ronaldo says that he will do everything possible for his goals, but he can’t guarantee anything.
33. Too much humility is a defect.
Cristiano Ronaldo talks about how too much humility can mean a roof over people’s heads.
34. For me, being the best means proving it in different countries and championships.
Cristiano Ronaldo has already proven to be at the top of his game in the Spanish, English and Portuguese leagues.
35. I know if I score we’ll win the game.
Football in the end comes down to goals.
36. It is my conviction that there are no limits to learning.
One of those phrases that invites self-improvement
37. Many young players have succeeded at United. Why can’t that happen to me? I’m not worried about being young. It’s an incentive to do your best.
A curious phrase that Ronaldo said in his first season at Manchester United. He was right and he succeeded.
38. I am very motivated by people’s interest in me.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s big ego is fed by outside opinion, as well as self-improvement.
39. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. There’s nothing to prove.
Cristiano Ronaldo believes he has already proved he is among the best players.
40. What I do as an individual player is only important if it helps the team win. That’s the most important thing.
Despite the Portuguese’s big ego, he knows that in the end results are achieved as a team.
41. The high point of my career was winning the Champions League. No one will ever erase that from my memory, just as no one will ever erase the fact that I did it with the Manchester United shirt.
The Champions League is the most prestigious tournament in football.
42. Number 7 is an honor and responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck.
Cristiano Ronaldo had the number 9 before moving to 7.
43. God never sleeps, he knows who deserves it.
Cristiano Ronaldo is religious and this is not the first time he mentions God in his sentences.
44. Scoring goals is a great feeling, but the most important thing for me is that the team is successful, no matter who scores the goals as long as we win.
Nice phrase by Cristiano Ronaldo where he puts the team ahead of him.
45. There is no point in making predictions. It’s not worth speculating because nothing is written in stone and things change all the time in football.
Interesting sentence where Cristiano Ronaldo knows that in football anything can happen.
46. I know I’m a good professional, I know no one is as hard on me as I am and that’s never going to change.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the first critic of Cristiano Ronaldo.
47. I’m not worried about the Golden Ball. It doesn’t keep me awake, but I’m not going to be a hypocrite, of course I’d like to win it.
Cristiano Ronaldo knows that it would be a lie to say that individual awards don’t matter to him, but even so they are not his priority.
48. I’m very happy with my life and my personality. I’m not going to change anything.
No doubt the Portuguese lead a dream life.
49. When I win awards, I think of my father.
An emotional phrase where Cristiano Ronaldo tells us that he remembers his father in the best moments.
50. I’ve never hidden the fact that I intend to be the best.
A phrase where Cristiano Ronaldo makes no secret of the fact that he is aiming high.