One of the most successful entrepreneurs of the last decade, Elon Musk (South Africa, 1971), is recognized for having created PayPal, Tesla Motors, Hyperloop and other projects of international scope.
This investor and entrepreneur is listed as one of the 25 most powerful people in the world by Forbes magazine. Genius and visionary, Elon Musk aspires to change the world with his contribution to different technological projects.
Famous phrases of Elon Musk
Through the business career of this South African entrepreneur we can be inspired to initiate far-reaching projects. In today’s article we have set out to collect the best quotes from Elon Musk , as well as his most memorable celebrity quotes.
1. Things are not done in different ways so that they are not the same, but so that they are better.
About his dynamic and innovative attitude.
2. To become a CEO you don’t have to be an expert in marketing and sales; you need to have a deep understanding of engineering.
A maxim that few CEOs apply.
3. Your day will be good if you wake up knowing that you will build a better future. If not, you’ll have a bad day.
Optimistic phrase to focus on success.
- “The 53 best success phrases”
4. I create my companies to meet needs, not just to create them.
A strategic view on friendships.
5. I’ll never be a business angel. I don’t think it’s wise to invest in third-party projects. If I am not able to do something on my own, I do not ask to invest in it. Therefore, I only invest in my own companies.
Great reflection on the world of investment.
6. I’m not in the business of being a guru on broad concepts. My tasks are focused on research to improve our technology.
No global thinking: concrete thinking and innovative spirit. A great line by Elon Musk.
7. Two people who cannot answer a question are no more useful than one with great knowledge.
They will probably be more motivated to develop useful changes and innovations.
8. Something can happen if you have first determined that it is possible for it to happen.
The future vision allows us to move towards change.
9. In my opinion, I think it is a mistake to employ many people to find a solution to a complicated problem. I believe that betting on quantity to the detriment of quality and talent in solving the issue will only slow down the process, which will make it tedious.
It’s better to pay a few geniuses well than hundreds of gregarious people badly.
10. The biggest mistake a human being makes is to put his own startup on sale.
If you don’t trust your own project, chances are no one else will.
11. I like to create things that are related to new technologies and that break with conventions, so that you can say to me: “Unbelievable! How did you do this? How did you achieve it?”.
About his spirit as a developer and researcher.
12. Henry Ford was a pioneer of innovation. He was able to create affordable vehicles to replace horse-drawn carriages and was able to address the criticism of innovation: Why do we want a car when we already have horses?
A reflection by Elon Musk about the pioneer of motoring.
13. At SpaceX, we don’t like assholes.
Great line by Elon Musk about the kind of people who can’t work on the technology project he’s leading.
14. I consider myself a positive person, but I never stray from realism. One of my virtues is knowing how to design a product with a value much higher than its production cost.
The more profit you get, the more efficient the product is.
15. When I was little, my parents would get angry with me because I kept asking them and questioning everything they answered. I didn’t believe many things they said and forced them to justify all their answers until I saw meaning in them.
In this sentence he talks about his philosophical spirit and his tendency to find coherent and logical answers.
16. The biggest mistake I have made (and continue to make) is to focus more on talent than on the character of my team. It’s important to surround yourself with caring, heartfelt people.
Head and blood, two virtues inherent to productive workers.
17. The fact of achieving a great innovation and breaking with what is established is not the result of one person, or one advance, but of a whole collective that has allowed it to happen.
The collective over the individual.
18. To start in a business you require two things: to innovate in a great product and to have a team behind full of determination and illusion.
Another one of those Elon Musk phrases in which he shows us the way forward: talent, team and illusion.
19. I don’t believe in tricks for innovative thinking. I think it’s a style of thinking along with the daring to make decisions.
Courage, courage and determination: the keys to success for entrepreneurs
20. It is imperative that consciousness is kept alive so that the future does not disappear.
A human virtue that leads us to overcome the obstacles that may arise.
21. Failure is an option here. If things don’t fail, you’re not innovating enough.
If all goes well, you’re in your developmental comfort zone.
22. If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should keep trying.
Great companies arise from great wills.
23. The brand is only a perception and the perception will coincide with reality over time. Sometimes it will be before, sometimes after, but the brand is nothing more than a collective impression we have of a product.
About the public image generated by a project
24. You want to be more rigorous to do your best. Find everything that’s wrong with that and correct it. Look for negative comments especially from friends.
A concrete way to improve the product.
25. It’s okay to have your eggs in a basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.
Being aware of the environment makes us less vulnerable.
26. Persistence is very important. You must not give up unless you are forced to give up.
A maxim of Elon Musk to persevere even in the worst circumstances imaginable.
27. You want to have a future where you expect things to be better, not one where you expect things to be worse.
It’s natural to be optimistic, according to Elon Musk.
28. People work better when they know what the objective is and why. It is important that people feel excited to come to work in the morning and enjoy their work.
Enthusiasm and passion for developing unique projects is the key to success.
29. Patience is a virtue and I am learning to have patience. It is a hard lesson.
For a genius, waits can be eternal. But you have to develop this capacity.
30. I came to the conclusion that we should aim to increase the scope and scale of human consciousness to better understand what questions to ask. In reality, the only thing that makes sense is to strive for collective enlightenment.
Humanity has a serious problem: it does not ask the right questions.
31. When I was in college I wanted to get involved in things that would change the world.
From a very young age he wanted to be part of global projects.
32. I wouldn’t say I have a lack of fear. In fact, I would like my fearful emotion to be less because it is very distracting and it fries my nervous system.
A reflection by Elon Musk about this very human feeling.
33. Life is too short for long-term grudges.
Get rid of grudges and absurd hatreds if you want to get to a good end.
34. You shouldn’t do things differently just to make them different. They need to be better.
Innovation by itself is worthless.
35. I think life on earth should be about more than just solving problems… It has to be something inspiring, even if it’s indirect.
Another phrase from Elon Musk that transmits positive energy.
36. What makes innovative thinking happen? I think it’s actually a way of thinking. You have to make the decision.
It’s an attitude, a lifestyle.
37. As far as possible, avoid hiring MBAs. MBA programs do not teach people how to create businesses.
Graduate business programmes often have no practical application.
38. To be an entrepreneur is like eating glass and standing on the abyss of death.
One of Elon Musk’s most famous phrases.
39. I think it’s possible for normal people to choose to be extraordinary.
Excellence is merely a matter of choice.
40. Anyone who has truly fought against adversity never forgets.
These are things that mark us and make us better.
41. What does it mean to work hard? In my case, when my brother and I started our first company, instead of renting an office, we rented a small apartment and slept on the couch.
Sacrifices are important if you have big goals in mind.
42. Working hard every hour while you are awake is what it takes to succeed if you are starting a new business.
Very much along the lines of the famous phrase above.