What is a good logline?
1. Clearly lay out the narrative (but not the ending!). A good logline clearly and succinctly lays out the dramatic narrative of a screenplay and hooks the reader, enticing them to read the entire script. For this reason, a logline never gives away the ending.
How do you write a good logline?
- Share the Core Concept, Not the Story.
- Start with a General Logline Structure.
- Stay Within 25-50 Words.
- Avoid Character Names.
- Search for Irony in Your Concepts.
- Write Multiple Options with Different Phrasing.
- Write the Logline Before the Script.
- Read Loglines on IMDb.
What are the three parts of a logline?
Protagonist. Inciting incident. Goal. Stakes/conflict.