Kilian Jornet’s motivating phrases about life
Today we have a compilation of phrases by Kilian Jornet , a famous and motivating mountaineer who lived in the mountains as a child, and who now dedicates himself to making incredible runs on mountains and summits of all kinds.
Kilian Jornet Burgada was born in Sabadell, Spain, in 1987. Skiing and mountain racing have been his great passions since he was a child. His record in both disciplines is absolutely incredible. In 2017 he achieved the incredible feat of crowning Everest twice in less than ten days and without any outside help (oxygen, sherpas).
- Click here to see Kilian Jornet’s record
- Interview with Jornet in Mundo Deportivo
Kilian Jornet’s motivational phrases
To get to know the Catalan athlete a little better and to know how he manages to face his challenges, we have compiled various famous quotes that summarize his way of seeing life. We hope they inspire you!
1. “Sometimes I’ve taken a wrong turn, but I’ve learned that there’s no point in regretting it: I’ll have to accept the mistake and make up for that lost time in the race.”
In sport, the ability to overcome a mistake is crucial to moving forward.
2. “On the Diagonal des Locos, crossing the island of Reunion, 24 hours of running, I started crying 20 kilometers from the finish line: I was so tired that to distract me I imagined what it would feel like to cross the line. Winning was less exciting.”
In his extreme challenges, Kilian Jornet has even cried, as he explains in this anecdote.
3. “In the mountain you learn that you are very small, a pebble that comes down or a storm can wipe you off the map, and that makes me put things in perspective and understand what is important.”
A sentence to think about.
4. “We know our body perfectly, but we know nothing about our brain, and it can play tricks on you.”
The human brain guides us towards success or failure.
5. “I’m a competitor, I like competition, going beyond, looking for my limits.”
Jornet’s competitive spirit is absolutely commendable.
6. “To be free is to follow no one.”
Follow your own path, and you will find yourself.
7. “Let instinct guide your steps… it will take you where you want it most.”
When we do what our hearts tell us to do, we are rarely wrong.
8. “In 40 years I won’t remember if I came first or second, I’ll remember the emotions I felt…”
The result is almost the least… the important thing is to feel alive and useful.
9. “Up there it’s idyllic, it’s down there that the trouble comes back.”
A reflection referring to their alpine careers, but which can be interpreted as a metaphor for life.
10. “In Central Europe it is very difficult to find places where the passage of man is not noticed. But in Scandinavia, Asia, or the Himalayas I do find that peace.”
The virgin peaks are like temples in Kilian Jornet’s eyes.
11. “Sport is overrated.”
In an interview with Andreu Buenafuente, Jornet explained that society attaches too much importance to sporting achievements, but that he simply feels that he runs a little faster than others, and that the really interesting people are in science and education.
So far the sentences of this brilliant sportsman . That’s all for today, I hope you were motivated by today’s post. We hope you liked Kilian Jornet’s phrases and that you can apply some of his principles to your lives.