Mother Teresa of Calcutta is one of the most famous religious figures worldwide.
Of Albanian origin but naturalized in India, this nun distributed aid to the neediest people around the globe. She passed away in 1997, and with her went one of the most charismatic people in memory.
Phrases and famous quotes from Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Throughout her life, this nun and missionary made important reflections and life slogans to spread her message. Below you can find a collection of the best phrases of Mother Teresa of Calcutta .
1. Love begins at home, and it’s not how much we do… it’s how much love we put into each action
Authentic love is born of the self. For this missionary, the family plays an important role in our personality and in the way we give love.
2. The deep joy of the heart is like a magnet that points the way of life
According to his spiritual conception of the world, when we connect with our soul, life seems to go smoothly.
3. Our sufferings are God’s kind touches, calling us to turn to him, and to make us recognize that it is not we who control our lives, but that it is God who is in control and we can trust him fully
Mother Teresa of Calcutta was a great religious, as this sentence shows.
4. I don’t ask for gold for success, I ask for happiness
Happiness is the true success of our life, even over money .
5. Forgiveness is a decision, not a feeling, because when we forgive we no longer feel the offense, we no longer feel resentment. Forgive, for by forgiving you will have peace in your soul and the one who offended you will have it
Forgiveness is the best way to heal our body and mind.
6. If you judge people, you don’t have time to love them
Judging people is a mistake we should not make, because many times we make mistakes.
7. We know very well that what we are doing is only a drop in the ocean. But if that drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something
Each of our actions has an impact on the environment.
8. You’ll never be too busy to think about others
Even though we’re busy, the mind keeps thinking about those people we love.
9. Love, to be authentic, must cost us
Suffering love is the most beloved.
10. Live simply so that others may simply live
Giving for others is one of the best ways to feel good.
11. I can’t stop working. I will have all eternity to rest
A quote from Mother Teresa of Calcutta that invites us to deep reflection.
12. There are things that you would love to hear and that you will never hear from the person you would like to hear them from. But don’t be so deaf as not to hear them from the one who says them from his heart
Many times we value the people we cannot have and we do not value those who truly love us.
13. We should not allow someone to leave our presence without feeling better and happier
Sometimes we can get away from the people we love. This must not happen.
14. The revolution of love begins with a smile. Smile five times a day at someone you don’t really want to smile at. You must do it for peace
Smile is the best way to feel good about ourselves and make the world a better place .
15. To make sure a lamp is always lit, we must not fail to put oil on it
We have to take care of the love for those people who love us.
16. Don’t just give the superfluous, give your heart
It’s better to give yourself fully than halfway.
17. Peace begins with a smile
As far as good mood goes, it’s all health benefits.
18. Every work of love, carried out with all one’s heart, will always succeed in bringing people closer to God
Again, a phrase from Mother Teresa of Calcutta that makes clear her admiration for God.
19. Joy is strength
Joy gives us energy and makes us feel very good.
20. In love is where peace is found
If we want peace, we have to share love.
21. Give until it hurts and when it hurts give even more
There is nothing that makes us feel better than giving the best we have to other people, especially in those moments when they are at their worst. This is a great exercise in empathy.
22. I alone cannot change the world, but I can throw a stone through the water to create many ripples
You can only change the world if many people agree to do so.
23. Giving someone all your love is never a guarantee that they will love you too; but don’t expect them to love you, just expect love to grow in the other person’s heart. And if it doesn’t, be happy that it has grown in yours
Giving to someone should come from the heart, not from the recognition.
24. Joy is a net of love in which souls can be caught
An interesting phrase from Mother Teresa of Calcutta about love.
25. The hunger for love is much more difficult to eliminate than the hunger for bread
The damage that love does is just as painful as the physical damage.
26. If you cannot feed a hundred people, feed only one
It is better to make a person happy by helping them, than not to help any of them, and it also serves as an example.
27. The fruit of silence is prayer. The fruit of prayer is faith. The fruit of faith is love. The fruit of love is service. The fruit of service is peace
A nice play on words about peace and religion.
28. If we do not have peace in the world, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other, that this man, this woman, this creature is my brother or sister
Religious values help to bring us all together.
29. What takes years to build can be destroyed in one night; let us build anyway.
Even if others want to make war, it is always better to make peace.
30. Often a word, a look, a gesture, is enough to fill the heart of the one we love
Authentic love is demonstrated, not just verbalized.
31. Money can only buy material things, such as food, clothing and housing. But something else is needed. There are illnesses that cannot be cured with money, but only with love
Material things do not make us happy , but sometimes the opposite happens. They make us want more and we are never satisfied.
32. There are many people willing to do great things, but there are very few people willing to do small things
It is not easy to come across people who are really worthwhile, who have a big heart.
33. Love until it hurts. If it hurts, it’s a good sign
A phrase with a certain touch of irony but very real.
34. If you are humble, nothing can hurt you, not even praise or shame, because you know what you are
Humility is one of the best virtues a human being can possess.
35. I can do things you can’t, you can do things I can’t; together we can do great things
Teamwork brings many benefits, for example, it makes people complementary and better than individuals.
36. Lack of love is the greatest poverty
If love can make us very happy, lack of love makes us miserable.
37. Our examination of conscience is the mirror in which we see our achievements and our difficulties. That is why we must face it with sincerity and love
It’s not always easy to do deep self-reflection. The key is to accept oneself.
38. The greatest science in the world, in heaven and on earth, is love
Love is everything for human beings , so we must share it.
39. Love is the best virtue of a person
There is nothing more ennobling than being a person who loves others.
40. Be faithful to small things, for it is in them that strength resides
It’s the little things that make us really happy.
41. There is one beautiful thing: sharing the joy of love
Handing out love is much better than handing out money.
42. Work without love is slavery
When you don’t love your work, it’s impossible to be happy.
43. Love cannot remain in itself. It does not make sense. Love has to be put into action. That activity will lead us to service
Love is there to be shared and expressed.
44. Let us always meet each other with a smile, the smile is the beginning of love
Sharing good moments with someone is giving them love.
45. We don’t need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion
Compassion is one of the best virtues if we want to achieve peace.
46. What matters is the amount of love we put into the work we do
When we put love into our work, then the state of Flow arises.
47. For love to be true, it must cost us. It must hurt us. It must empty us of ourselves
As the saying goes, “Love at odds is the dearest.”
48. Love is a fruit that matures in all seasons and is within the reach of all hands
There’s no excuse for not loving. If we don’t love it’s because we don’t want to.
49. Some people come into our lives as blessings. Some come into our lives as lessons
There are people who mark us for good. Others, on the other hand, although their presence has not been entirely good, serve us to learn .
50. The trees, the flowers, the plants grow in silence. The stars, the sun, the moon move silently. Silence gives us a new perspective
Silence encourages self-reflection; it is a good way to connect with ourselves.
51. Discipline is the bridge between goals and achievement
Being disciplined is a great virtue, for it helps us to achieve success.
52. Kind words may be short and easy to say, but their echoes are really infinite
Love must be shown, words are carried away by the wind.
53. I am but a small pencil in the hand of God’s writing
Mother Teresa of Calcutta always proved to be a great follower of the Christian religion, and was consistent with this in her way of thinking and adopting a world view.
54. Spread love wherever you go
Let people remember you for being a good person .
55. We learn through humility, to accept humiliation joyfully
In time, we realize that it is better not to think about what others think about us. Happiness is in oneself.
56. We cannot always do great things, but we can always give something of ourselves
If we wish, we can share some of our love with others.
57. Sometimes we feel that what we do is not worthwhile. But there is always someone who will appreciate it.
If it serves anyone, our work will never be in vain.
58. How can there be too many children? That’s like saying there are too many flowers
Children are the joy of home, just like the flowers in the garden.
59. Love is a seasonal fruit at all times and within the reach of all hands
We can all give masters if we look within ourselves.
60. We will never know how much good a simple smile can do
A smile can reach the soul, and can reach the heart and conquer us.