How do I get rid of static electricity in my body?

Why am I getting shocked by everything I touch?

Static electricity is caused by your body picking up free electrons as you walk on the rugs. When you have extra electrons on your body and you touch a metal conductor, such as a door handle, the electrons flow into the object and you get a static shock.

Why is my body so electrically charged?

Yes, electric charge are formed most commonly in winters or when the climate around us is dry. The air becomes dry and electrons easily develop on the surface of our skin. During summer, the air moisture eradicates the negatively charged electrons and we rarely feel electric charge.

Is it bad to have static electricity?

The good news is that static electricity can’t seriously harm you. Your body is composed largely of water and water is an inefficient conductor of electricity, especially in amounts this small. Not that electricity can’t hurt or kill you.

Can static electricity affect the heart?

As little as 0.2 Amps can be fatal depending on the person because of its effect on the heart. This is the reason why the much lower voltage of a wall outlet can kill you. The average socket you’d see in a home puts out somewhere between 10 and 20 Amps to power your electronic devices.