Sir Sean Connery (1930) is a famous British actor and producer who won the Oscar in 1987 thanks to the film “The Untouchables by Elliot Ness”.
Sean Connery has always stood out for his gallant appearance on the big screen and for his perceptive intelligence. This great actor was so beloved by the public in the United Kingdom that Queen Elizabeth II named him “Sir” in 2000, the work that Connery performed being the image of this nation throughout his career will last forever.
Best Phrases and Reflections by Sean Connery
The characters he played during his career were very diverse, with them he always stood out for his great know-how and manners. Would you like to know a little more about this great actor?
In the following collection of phrases you will find the 75 best Sean Connery phrases that are sure to surprise you .
1. And then I remembered what Charlemagne had said: Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds of the sky.
A great quote we’ll all remember from the movie “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade”.
2. I certainly don’t count on your experience. But I find it difficult to convince myself that God would introduce such an evil being into creation without endowing it with some virtues.
Connery always conveyed great conviction in all the roles he played.
3. In order to master nature one must first learn to obey it.
Sean Connery knew how to choose the roles he wanted to play very well.
4. Love may not make the world go round, but I must admit it makes the journey worthwhile.
The life values of this great actor were reflected by all his characters.
5. Look baby, there are certain things that are not allowed, such as drinking Don Perignon 53 at a temperature above 4 degrees, it’s as bad as listening to the Beatles without covering your ears.
One of the most important roles he played was undoubtedly that of James Bond.
6. – Why do you always carry a gun?
– Uh, I have a slight inferiority complex.
Ingenuity was something that always accompanied Sean Connery throughout his career.
7. Aren’t you confusing love with lust?
Who hasn’t ever confused these two emotions?
8. -I didn’t know you could fly a plane.
– Flying is. Landing no.
The humor that Connery used in his roles is something we will always remember.
9. There’s nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in a man.
A date that encourages us to be more courageous and daring in life.
10. More than anything, I’d like to be an old man with a good face, like Hitchcock or Picasso.
In this quote, Connery talks about his devotion to these two great artists.
11. When something seems too good to be true, it’s not true.
We must know when someone is trying to deceive us, this quote encourages us to always seek the truth.
12. – Late 14th century, Ming dynasty. It breaks one’s heart.
– And the head. You hit me with it.
– I’ll never forgive myself.
– Don’t worry, I’m fine.
– Thank God. Hehe. It was fake. See? You can tell by the profile of the cut.
The role Connery played as Indiana Jones’ father was something we will always remember.
13. – Our dog’s name was Indiana!
– You’re named after your dog?
– I was very fond of that dog!
A really funny quote from Connery in one of his most famous films.
14. From time to time I like to keep a low profile.
Sean Connery values his privacy very much within his most personal life.
15. Proverbs warns: Woman takes possession of a man’s precious soul. And Ecclesiastes tells us: Woman is more bitter than death.
Connery spoke about women in many of the characters he played, all of whom had a very particular view of women.
16. – Master, what language did you speak?
– All languages and none.
A date in which once again Connery leaves us with our mouths open thanks to his insight.
17. – Penitenziagite.
– What does it mean?
– That the hunchback, no doubt, was once a heretic. Penitenziagite was the battle cry of the Dolcinites.
– Dolcinites? Who were they, Master?
– Those who believed in the poverty of Christ. So did the Franciscans. But they said that everyone must be poor. So they murdered the rich.
Who doesn’t remember that special film that was The Name of the Rose?
18. – You’re in love.
– Is that bad?
– For a monk, it presents certain problems.
– Did not St. Thomas Aquinas preach love above all virtues?
– Yes. The love of God, Adso. The love of God.
– What about love for women?
– About the woman, St. Thomas Aquinas knew very little. The scriptures are clear.
Connery as William of Baskerville had one of the most relevant roles in his professional career.
19. A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing, and if you love nothing, what joy is there in life?
Connery’s search for love is something that has always accompanied him.
20. – What I don’t understand is how you can honor the memory of the dead by killing another million. This is not a fight, it’s an act of madness, General. In my opinion you’re a fucking idiot.
– The tree of freedom must be renewed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants, Thomas Jefferson.
– Patriotism is the virtue of the depraved, Oscar Wilde.
In the film The Hunt for Red October, the Scotsman was nominated for a BAFTA award for best actor.
21. How peaceful life would be without love, how safe and peaceful. And how dull.
Without a doubt, life without love would lose much of its appeal.
22. Will I do what I can? Losers always claim to have done what they could. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.
Connery’s characters always showed the wildest side of this actor.
Sean Connery in his 30.
23. The search for the Grail is not archaeology. It is the fight against evil. If it falls into the hands of the Nazis, the armies of darkness will march on the face of the earth.
In this film from the Indian Jones saga, Connery and Harrison Ford fight hand in hand against the Nazis.
24. I’m not an Englishman, I’ve never been an Englishman, and I don’t want to be one. I’m a Scot! I was a Scot and I’ll always be a Scot.
Connery’s Scottish roots have always been of vital importance to him, he is very clear about where he comes from.
25. Do you know any place where God has felt at home?
Connery is currently thought to reside in Edinburgh, Scotland. The place where he was born.
26. The only evidence I see of the devil is everyone’s desire for him to be here.
The figure of the devil in the film “The Name of the Rose” is openly discussed throughout the film.
27. Then we will sail to Havana, where the sun is as warm as the comradeship. A great day, comrades. We sail into history.
Connery played roles that led him to travel through time, from the Middle Ages to the present day (always within acting, of course).
28. I may not be a good actor, but it would be even worse if I did something else.
He was always very clear about his vocation as an actor and also developed the role of producer on several occasions.
29. My best social norm is to treat everyone the same way I would like to be treated.
A great quote from Sean Connery that can be a very good philosophy for all of us.
30. – We have to loosen the ropes. We have to find Marcus before the Nazis do.
– You said he was two days ahead, before he disappeared.
– And you believed it? I made it up. You know Marcus. He even got lost in his own museum once.
In The Last Crusade, humor accompanies Connery’s character throughout the film.
31. – They’re trying to kill us.
– I know, Father!
– You understand this is a new experience for me.
– It happens to me a lot.
Once again, the Scottish actor shows his sense of humour in this great film.
32. I like women. I don’t understand them, but I like them.
The fascination that Connery always felt towards women, led him to live several romances.
33. Laughter kills fear, and without fear there can be no faith. For without fear of the devil, there is no need for God.
What would God be if we didn’t need anything from him? Religion often looks for need in its parishioners.
34. I’ve always hated that damn James Bond. I’d like to kill him.
Connery talks to us in this quote about that character who brought him so much joy, the always elegant James Bond 007.
35. When I talked about Bond with Fleming, he said that when the character was conceived, Bond was a very simple, direct and forceful instrument of the police force, an officer who would do his job quite stubbornly. But he also had many idiosyncrasies that were considered snobbish, such as a taste for special wines, etc. But if you take Bond in the situations in which he is constantly involved, you will see that it is a very hard, high and unusual league in which he plays. Therefore, he is absolutely right to indulge all his senses, whether it be sex, wine, food, or clothes, because the job, and he with it, can end at any time. But the virtues that Amis mentions – loyalty, honesty – are also there.
Sean Connery always knew how to see in his characters something beyond what others can perceive.
36. My name is Bond, James Bond.
One of the phrases that could not be missing from this selection and that we will always remember about this actor.
37. My Morse is so forgotten that I may send you the measurements of the model of the month.
Another very clever quote that Sean spat out in one of his great movies “The Rock”.
38. You’re between the sword and The Rock.
The characters this actor has played in his films are always put to the test.
39. I’m getting tired of saving his ass. I’m amazed he made it through puberty.
Connery’s witty quotes delight the viewer.
40. The sea gives each man new hope as sleep gives him dreams, in short…. Christopher Columbus.
We all pursue our personal goals and Connery’s characters are no exception.
41. The good thing about bluffing is knowing when to quit.
Intelligence has always been the greatest attribute of the characters Connery has played.
42. Dear Adso, if I had an answer for everything, I would be teaching theology in Paris.
Connery is presented to us in many of his films as a true well of wisdom.
43. You will only stop being afraid when you cut your head.
Emotions are something that people cannot control, Connery is very clear about that in this quote.
44. Forget all ideas about lost cities, exotic travel and drilling the world. There are no maps that lead to hidden treasures and there is never an “x” to mark the spot.
There’s never an “x” to mark the spot, is there?
45. I misjudged you, Walter, I knew that you would sell your mother for an Etruscan vessel, but not that you would sell your country and your soul to the scum of humanity.
In this quote, Connery criticizes his attitude to the character played by Denholm Elliott in Indiana Jones.
46. Sometimes I sit down to think… and the solution presents itself.
Connery always manages to get his way sometimes in the most unsuspected way.
47. There is nothing better than defecating in a good latrine.
In Iron Sergeant Connery he plays a character with no hair on his tongue.
48. My son, we are pilgrims in a land of infidels.
The situations Connery is involved in in his films are very diverse.
49. If you cannot serve the sentence, do not commit the crime.
When we perform an action we must be prepared for the consequences.
50. If they threaten you, you draw a gun on them, and if they send one of your men to hospital, you send one of theirs to Purgatory.
He has often played very determined and unpredictable characters.
51. There’s a kind of madness in cosmopolitan cities now.
All his life, Connery has seen the world around him change.
52. When you listen to someone from the north of Scotland talking, I think it’s beautiful, very musical and harmonious.
Nostalgia has always invaded Connery’s spirit when he talks about his homeland.
53. A man walks into a bar with a monkey, I don’t remember the rest of the joke but your mother is a whore.
Better not to mess with Sean Connery or any of the characters he’s played.
54. A man is measured by the strength of his enemies.
Men of greater power always measure their strength against others of their own status.
55. There’s always a new challenge to keep you motivated.
Life can be wonderful and it is up to us to make our dreams come true.
56. Some grow old, some mature.
The years can play in our favor if we know how to take advantage of them, the experiences we live are always positive.
57. I think there’s nothing particularly wrong with hitting a woman, although I don’t recommend that you do it the same way you hit a man.
The way the actor has once spoken about the abuse of women has brought him more than one detractor.
58. I care about Bond and what happens to him. You can’t connect with a character for that long and not have an interest. All Bond films have their good points.
The character of James Bond marked Sean Connery for life, undoubtedly one of his most relevant roles.
59. You know, the Oscar awarded to me for The Untouchables is a wonderful thing, but I can honestly say that I would rather have won the U.S. Open Golf Tournament.
He has always given the right importance to his Oscar award, he has always known how to keep his feet on the ground.
60. I’m sick of the idiots… the growing gap between people who know how to make movies and people who give the green light to movies.
Connery has seen how the film industry has gone through many stages throughout his career as an actor.
61. I never soiled a hotel room or used drugs.
Connery’s manners have always been a trademark for this actor.
62. I don’t know anything about baseball.
Being Scottish, Sean Connery is not familiar with American sports.
63. I’ve never kept a record of anything.
The actor has always led his life as he wished, simply by selecting one of the options available to him.
64. I’m an easy target because of my political views.
The Scottish actor has always been a strong defender of his homeland, Scotland.
65. I’m sick of making bad movies.
At the end of his career, Connery was not comfortable with the roles he was offered
66. I talked to Spielberg, but it didn’t work out.
Connery was in contact with Spielberg for a possible sequel to Indiana Jones, but no agreement was reached.
67. It wasn’t worth going back into this world.
In the end he decided to retire and live the rest of his life away from the spotlight.
68. James Bond has no mother or father. He doesn’t come from anywhere and he hasn’t been anywhere before he was 007.
The James Bond story in the movies is a bit confusing and has many aspects that leave it to the imagination of the audience.
69. I have great respect for money. I know what it costs to earn and keep it, especially with our diabolical taxes in Britain.
In this quote, Connery shows us how money plays a key role in his life.
70. No film you could make, no matter how good it was, could compete with the new James Bond.
The fascination with James Bond was something he developed over the years.
71. I have always chosen the projects myself.
Connery has always been faithful to its principles and has personally chosen all its works.
72. My strength as an actor, I think, is that I’ve stayed true to myself.
In this quote, Sean Connery conveys the importance he attaches to principles.
73. My wife reads the script, and I listen to her opinion.
For the actor, his wife’s opinion has always been very important.
74. So I had to give the breath of life to an idol.
Sean Connery knows that without him, James Bond would never have been the same.
75. People sometimes ask me why I act. Well, it’s not just about the money. You can make money playing football too.
Connery became a performer because of his devotion to her, not because of money or fame.