Andreu Buenafuente is a well-known presenter and comedian in Spain. Born in Reus, he founded one of the most important audiovisual production companies in Catalonia: “El Terrat”.
He became famous because of the program that he did on the regional television of Catalonia, but he made the leap to Spanish television where he is known as a late show host.
- “70 sarcastic phrases from the best thinkers, humorists and philosophers”
- “80 shocking phrases that will leave you thinking for hours”
Famous phrases of Andreu Buenafuente
This brilliant comedian has uttered many funny phrases throughout his career . Below you can find some of the best ones.
1. The casting of Pasión de Gavilanes seems to be fresh from Nacho Vidal’s bachelor party
A quote with humor about the emblematic series “Passion of Sparrowhawks”.
2. I’m not going to die, I’m already clear about that. I’ve been talking about it and I don’t find it funny
Death is an unfunny subject, but for a good source there’s humor in everything.
3. Banks are a bit like stock cubes: they cook us and enrich us
There has been a lot of controversy in Spain regarding banks. Especially with the preferential ones.
4. Life begins every five minutes
You have to live in the present moment. That’s all that counts.
Am I going crazy? No way, because I already am
Buenafuente confesses that he lacks some sense.
6. Money is good for nothing, but if you fall it will cushion you
A quote similar to the one that says: “Money does not give happiness but it helps”.
7. Life in danger. Now that’s an unresolved problem, an embarrassment
A date with humor on a very serious subject.
8. Love moves the world. Combined with sex, it moves the universe
Emphasizing the importance of sex in relationships.
9. A pause for eternity and see you soon
A phrase he uttered as he made way for the television commercials.
10. There are short people who don’t recognize him. They say “No, I’m far away”
A joke about people who don’t have a great height.
11. Don’t worry about the language. When you laugh, you don’t notice the accent
There are individuals with a very strong accent. Buenafuente has a way with them.
12. Talent is not destroyed, it is transformed and survives the artists
Buenafuente certainly knows the show business inside out.
13. The Indians were not the only ones with feathers in the far west
A joke that may be bad for some homosexuals, but it’s just a joke.
14. The prostate, another way to protest
A play on words that’s funny.
15. In the cardinals’ room there are frescoes… there are also paintings
An ironic reflection on what it is possible to find in the cardinal’s room.
16. “What’s up, neng” is the most often heard scream after “I’m sorry, you’re not my type”
The Neng is a character that Andreu Buenafuente discovered and made famous.
17. Bush has a great sense of humor because the common one has already lost it
A graceful critique of the former president of the United States.
18. People wouldn’t eat because they don’t talk
In reference to people who don’t even open their mouths to ask for their rights.
19. Seriousness bores me. You have to laugh at everything in order to survive
Laughter is undoubtedly one of the best forms of therapy.
20. Bill Clinton, the author of the saying “By the mouth dies the fish… the big fish”
Another quote that mentions an ex-president of the United States.
21. I seem to remember that I love you but I couldn’t tell you that
Love can sometimes be confusing, as this ironic phrase says.
22. Never stop using a condom
A recommendation that refers to safe sex.
23. It’s one of my best achievements, my mother’s happiness
What makes Andreu Buenafuente happiest is his mother’s happiness.
24. Camarlengo… Doesn’t that sound like a cover name? We’ve got pussy, brava and grilled camarlengo!
A joke about the word camarlengo, an official of the papal court
25. Laughter is not faked
Laughter is healthy, and it is an authentic expression that comes up when something is funny.
26. Before, mothers were a scratchy record, “Come on, pass-pass-pass-pass!” Now they are a stuck vinyl record, “Come on, pass-pass-pass!
A joke about mothers, who can sometimes be quite heavy.
27. Drink in moderation, let others pay
A warning for when we party with friends.