Few musicians have marked the evolution of modern music as much as Michael Jackson , considered the King of Pop. He began his career as a musician with his brothers in the group “The Jackson Five”, but after continuing his solo career, he became a world mega star with his album “Thriller”, the best-selling album in history.
Despite the fact that his last years were difficult, as he was accompanied by several scandals, Michael Jackson will always be remembered as one of the great stars of the world scene. Sadly, in 2009, MJ’s star was extinguished forever.
- “72 phrases of music for music lovers like you”
- “Ed Sheeran’s 23 Best Sentences”
- “100 phrases by Joaquín Sabina to understand his songs”
Michael Jackson’s best quotes
Over the years, Michael Jackson uttered some great, famous phrases. In this article we review them.
1. Don’t try to write the music, let it write itself
Creativity appears when we are in a state of flow. The same happens when writing music.
2. Nation by nation, everyone must unite to address the problems we see. Maybe then we can solve them somehow. I asked my neighbor for a favor. She said, “Later.” What happened to the people? Did we lose our love, or what? I have to find my inner peace because no one leaves me alone. False prophets mourn disasters. What are the chances? I told my brother “there will be trouble”, “times and tears for fear”. But we have to live each day as if it were our last.
A verse from the song “Jam”. It’s a criticism of how we human beings can behave when we’re alienated by the system.
3. My music aims to unite all races, so that we all live as a family
Music was key to the integration of African Americans in the United States, especially from the 1960s onwards.
4. There’s a place in your heart and I know it’s love, and this place can be so much brighter tomorrow. And if you really try, you will find that there is no need to cry in this place, you will feel that there is no pain or sorrow
A verse that appears in the song “Heal the World”. It talks about how people should save the world.
5. Peter Pan represents something very special in my heart. He represents youth, childhood, never growing up, magic, flying, everything that has to do with children, wonder and magic
Michael Jackson did not enjoy his childhood, as he was always considered a musical child prodigy. For that reason, he was always fascinated by the world of Peter Pan and Disney stories.
6. The world keeps changing. Minds and ways of thinking are renewed. Predictions brimming with tragedy. The baby boom is coming of age. We will solve it. I told my brothers. “Don’t ask me for any favors. I’m conditioned by the system. “Don’t talk to me. Don’t yell and scream.” She prays to God, to Buddha, then sings a song from the Talmud. Confusion causes our “I” to contradict itself until we do not know what is right from what is wrong. I just want you to recognize me in the temple. You can’t hurt me because I found inner peace
Another excerpt from the song “Jam”, which deals with how by finding inner peace, we can deal with social impositions.
7. People will always be willing to think the worst of you
There are always people who will enjoy it when things go wrong for you.
8. I believe that humans also have the ability to fly; the problem is that we do not know how to conceive of the proper thoughts that will allow us to levitate
A quote that refers to flying in the sense of achieving our dreams.
9. I believe that the ultimate purpose of all forms of art is the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine
A reflection on the essence of human beings.
10. The secret of the actor is to be oneself
A phrase that may seem contradictory, but which refers to how we people should know ourselves.
11. I believe that I was chosen as an instrument to give music, love and harmony to the world
No one can doubt that Michael Jackson has a very rare talent for music.
12. Animals do not attack out of evil, but to survive. The same is true for those who criticize, who want your blood, not your pain
In his life, Michael Jackson always endured criticism from his detractors.
13. I’m going to make a change, and I’m going to feel good
When we help others, we feel good about ourselves.
14. I see children on the street, without enough to eat. Who am I to be blind? Making it look like I don’t see their needs
A quote from his song “Man in the mirror”. A clear reference to how we look away when we come across people in need.
15. If you care enough about life, make a little space, make a better place
For Michael Jackson, it’s up to us to live in a better world.
16. I used to dream. I used to look beyond the stars. Now I don’t know where we are. Though I know we’ve drifted far away
Sometimes we can lose faith, when we see how we have destroyed the planet and how we kill each other.
17. If you don’t have faith, you can go crazy
When we lose faith, we can feel weak in the face of adversity.
18. If I could break down the walls that keep us apart. I know I could claim your heart and our perfect love would begin
It is common for people, when they are angry, to put up a barrier that only makes the relationship worse.
19. I’m standing next to the man in the mirror. I ask him to change his way of doing things
To change the world, we must first change ourselves.
20. If you do not have that memory of childhood love, you are condemned to search the world for something to fill that void. But no matter how much money you make or how famous you become, you will always feel empty
Michael Jackson, because he didn’t enjoy his childhood, was always a child in an adult body.
21. Lies run short races, but truth runs marathons
It’s better not to lie, because when you lie, you might get caught.
22. The bigger the star, the bigger the target
People who have bigger goals go further.
23. I love to create magic, to do something that is so strange, so unexpected, that people marvel at it
As an artist, Michael Jackson always stood out for his magic.
24. Remember, it is we the children of today who will make the world of the future a better and happier place
Every little bit we put in can make a difference to the future of the planet.
25. Whatever I sing, I really feel it; when I sing a song, I don’t sing it if I don’t feel it
Few artists feel music as much as Michael Jackson.
26. If you can dream it, you can do it
Although this is not always the case, in most cases, wanting something with all our strength can lead us to get what we want.
27. Good music and great melodies are immortal. Culture changes, fashion changes, clothes… Good music is immortal
One of the characteristics of Michael Jackson’s music is that his music has always been advanced for his time.
28. If you want to make the world a better place, look at yourself and make that change
We cannot change the world without first changing our attitudes.
29. Sometimes when you are treated unfairly, it makes you stronger and more determined. I admire that kind of strength. People who have suffered it get up and put their blood and soul into what they believe
Pain can make us stronger when we know how to take advantage of bad times to learn.
30. Just because they print it doesn’t mean it’s the gospel, people write negative things because they feel that’s what sells, good news doesn’t sell
The media criticized Michael Jackson and lied a lot about his life because they knew he was a very popular character.
31. Thinking is the biggest mistake a dancer can make. You don’t have to think, you have to feel
To dance well, you have to feel the music as part of your body, or make your body part of the music.
32. It’s the middle that cheers me up. The art. That’s the world in which I feel most comfortable
Michael Jackson is considered one of the greatest artists of all time.
33. Every brother and sister is completely different. As in any family, there are different elements…That’s what makes it a family
Michael Jackson formed, with his brothers, the well-known group called “The Jackson Five”.
34. I’m color-blind. That is why one of my favorite symbols is the peacock, in whose feathers all colors are united in harmony
Michael Jackson confessing his admiration for the royal dread.
35. For me, the greatest sin of all is to receive a gift and not cultivate it, so that it grows, since talent is a divine gift
We all have talents to develop. It’s great when we’re passionate about them and develop them.
36. It’s good that people think I’m a person and not a personality. Because when you grow up in the eyes of the public, as I did, you tend to be automatically different
Michael Jackson always missed not being able to be an ordinary person, because he grew up famous.
37. I have been an artist most of my life and I have never attacked a fellow artist. Great artists don’t do that
Michael Jackson was always a very noble person.
38. Each song represents something special, from charity, from relationships, from world peace, I cannot choose one, because they all come from the soul. They are not just written words that rhyme
A reflection by Michael Jackson on his music.
39. A child’s innocence is an inexhaustible source of energy
Since he lost much of his childhood, Michael always missed not having enjoyed his childhood like any other child.
40. My happiness is in giving and sharing, and having fun in an innocent way
Despite having everything, Michael Jackson was always present in the great causes, those that helped the less fortunate.