To enjoy good health is the key to be happy, and the human being, as one of the vital objectives, always wants to be happy . Our habits largely determine how we are going to feel both physically and emotionally, so it is necessary to have a healthy lifestyle.
In this article we have compiled a list of the best phrases and tips on wellness to help you find emotional balance.
We show them to you below.
1. We must be aware that what causes us discomfort or anxiety is not the events, but how we link emotions to them
As psychologist Jonathan Garcia-Allen says, what makes us suffer many times is not what happens to us, but how we interpret the events that happen to us.
2. Healing comes from taking responsibility: from realizing that you are the one who creates your thoughts, feelings, and actions
We have a lot to say in healing our body and mind.
3. Half of modern drugs could be thrown out the window, although birds could eat them
Martin H. Fischer, invites the reader to reflect with this sentence.
4. If you want to master the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath
Living in the present is an effective way to reduce anxiety.
5. Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it
Another quote that talks about the importance of living in the here and now.
6. There is more to life than increasing its speed
Mohandas K. Gandhi, on living life step by step without always being aware of the future.
7. The sign of a successful man is to spend a whole day on the bank of a river without feeling guilty about it
Sometimes it’s hard to find yourself. But that’s synonymous with health.
8. Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor
Meditation and breath control are widely used techniques to improve people’s well-being.
9. Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are
A Chinese proverb that advises how to achieve happiness.
10. Right now, there’s plenty of time. At this moment, you are precisely as you should be. In this moment, there is infinite possibility
The present moment is the best chance we have to be happy.
11. Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. The present moment is all we need, nothing else
Mother Teresa of Calcutta gave us this wise recommendation.
12. Happiness is the meaning and purpose of life, the general and final goal of human existence
Aristotle already philosophized about happiness in Ancient Greece.
13. If you want to be happy, set a goal that guides your thoughts, releases your energy and inspires your hopes
Having life goals is key to maintaining emotional balance.
14. Walk as if you were kissing the ground with your feet
Thich Nhat Hanh, in relation to the fact that sometimes we don’t see what we have in front of us because we live in expectations.
15. Taking time each day to relax and renew is essential to living well
Well-being is not static, and good habits make it better.
16. Character perfection is as follows: living each day as if it were the last, without haste, without apathy, without pretension
Marcus Aurelius, giving some useful tips to achieve mental and physical well-being.
17. In the end, three things matter, how we have lived, how we have loved, and how we have learned to let go
Jack Kornfield, understand that these three keys are vital to our happiness.
18. The mind is a flexible mirror, adjust it, to see the world better
We can change our way of thinking for the better if we try.
19. Security is when everything is resolved, when nothing can happen to you, it is the denial of life
The fear of uncertainty is really incapacitating.
20. Take a rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful harvest
Relaxing is good for regaining emotional stability.
21. If you think the problem is out there, stop. That thought is your problem
Happiness is born in oneself, not in expecting things from others.
22. We have two lives. The second life begins when we realize that we only have one
Confucius. An ironic but meaningful quote. .
23. Walking is the best exercise possible. Get used to walking far away
Walking and hiking has many health benefits as you can see in our article: “The psychological benefits of walking”.
24. The worst aggression to ourselves, the worst of all, is to remain ignorant because we do not have the courage and respect to treat ourselves with honesty and tenderness
There’s nothing worse than not loving yourself.
25. Well-being and intellect are the two blessings of life
A phrase that speaks of the relationship between intellect and happiness.
26. Mindfulness is not complicated, we just have to remember to do it
Scientific studies show that Mindfulness promotes emotional balance and therefore happiness.
27. The secret of mental and physical health is not crying over the past, worrying about the future, or anticipating problems, but living in the present moment wisely
Buddha made it clear to us long ago that living in the present is key to our well-being.
28. Well-being and health are a duty, otherwise we could not keep our minds strong and clear
Another quote from the Buddha. We are obliged to be happy and work for our health.
29. A good 5 kilometer walk will do more good for an unhappy, healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world
Again, a quote that talks about physical exercise and, above all, walking.
30. I know only one freedom and that is freedom of the mind
Antoine de Saint-Exupery, philosophizing about living anchored in social impositions.
31. The perfect is the enemy of the good
There is no such thing as perfection, and therefore it is equal to unhappiness.
32. Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time; the serenity that nothing is
In our article “55 things you can do when you’re bored” you can find some tips to avoid boredom.
33. Life is a dance. Mindfulness is witnessing that dance
The Mindfulness technique helps us to be in the here and now with a non-judgmental mindset.
34. The field of consciousness is small. It only accepts one problem at a time
Solving problems and preventing them from becoming chronic is necessary for good mental health.
35. Let your mind go and then be mindful. Close your ears and then listen
A phrase that invites the practice of Full Attention in order to enjoy greater binestar.
36. The scientific truth can be summarized as: eat moderately. have a varied diet and not worry
The importance of nutrition in our overall health is more than scientifically proven.
37. The body and the mind must be understood as something united
Mental health affects physical health and vice versa.
38. He who takes medicine and neglects the diet, wastes the ability of his doctors
A healthy diet is intimately related to a person’s health.
39. Don’t believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that: thoughts
Not everything we think is true, although sometimes it seems so.
40. Never hurry and never worry
E.B. White, advising to live the present and enjoy it.
41. Patience has all the time it needs
As the saying goes, “Patience is the mother of science.” Well, so is health.
42. A sad soul can kill you faster than a germ
Depression is one of the most common mental problems today.
43. Guilt is always hungry, don’t let it consume you
Terri Guillemets. A clever line about guilt.
44. The greatest wealth is health
Money doesn’t matter if we’re not in good health.
45. It is curious that life, the emptier it is, the heavier it is
Leon Daudet. Great sentence from this author about how we can take the problems to the expense.
46. Meditation is the new mobile device; it can be used anywhere, anytime, discreetly
Meditation brings great health benefits, as we tell you in our article: “Benefits of Meditation Backed by Science”.
47. My experience tells me that most things are not as bad as I thought they would be
We tend to think that things will be worse for us than they really are.
48. Look at everything as if you were seeing it for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory
When we adopt an observant mentality, our emotional balance improves.
49. Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of going alone, listening to everything you can’t hear and not bothering
Relaxing can be as good as being on the move.
50. Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if vegetables smelled as good as bacon
A funny line from Doug Larson about healthy eating.
51. Forgiveness does not change the past but improves the future
Paul Boese, on the healing power of forgiveness.
52. Happiness cannot be traveled, possessed, earned or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude
Happiness is something that happens when someone connects with their inner self.
53. Happiness is born within oneself, not externally
Like the previous sentence, happiness is within oneself.
54. Respond; don’t react. Listen; do not speak. Think; do not assume
Raji Lukkoor. Feel and live the moment to be happy.
55. Physical activity is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis for dynamic and creative activity
The health benefits of exercise are many, as John F. Kennedy explains.
56. Maturity is achieved when a person accepts life as full of tension
This quote Joshua L. Liebman addresses the issue of acceptance and how it affects us positively.
57. In Mindfulness, compassion is key, as it helps us to minimize the impact of the negative things that happen to us. It is not a matter of erasing the negative emotions that certain events can cause us, but of reducing their intensity
Jonathan Garcia-Allen explains how trying to eliminate negative emotions only intensifies them.
58. The art of living lies less in eliminating our problems than in growing with them
Bernard M. Baruch. Another one of those inspiring phrases that talk about depression.
59. Having goals and objectives and fighting for them is what keeps us alive
Studies show that having life goals reduces the chances of suffering from depression.
60. Happiness is not a season you arrive at, but a way to travel
Margaret Lee Runbeck. Happiness is about enjoying the moment, not living up to expectations.
61. Physical exercise is not only good for our body, but also for our mind
Believe it or not, our mental well-being also benefits from physical exercise.
62. Be happy with what you have. Get excited about what you want
Connecting with our desires will make us immensely happy.
63. The mind has a great influence on the body, and diseases often have their origin there
Positive thinking can influence physical illness.
64. The state of your life is but a reflection of the state of your mind
A quote from Wayne Dyer. Our mind conditions our behavior and therefore our health.
65. Maximum for life: you will be treated in life the way you teach people to treat you
Respect is something we must earn.
66. Those who think they don’t have time for exercise will sooner or later have time for illness
If you’re too busy to exercise. Then you have a problem. Exercise is health.
67. Unexpressed emotions never die. They are buried alive and come out later in worse ways
We may think that by avoiding seeing reality the problems will go away, but they won’t. It always comes back, and with more force.
68. From our vulnerabilities come our strengths
Learning from our mistakes is vitally important for emotional growth.
69. We can’t be in survival mode. We have to be in growth mode
To be happy, we must pursue our inner desires.
70. Some seek the comfort of their therapist’s office, others go to the corner bar and have a few beers, but I choose to run as my therapy
Having good physical health positively affects our mental health.