Titanic is a famous 11 Oscar winning film , which was released in 1997.
Directed by James Cameron and starring the couple Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, Titanic tells what the passengers of the famous ship called M.R.S Titanic had to go through during its sinking. The M.R.S Titanic was shipwrecked in 1912 because of its collision with an iceberg, which caused great structural damage to the ship and was impossible to save.
- You may be interested in: “60 sentences from films that marked the history of cinema”
Great quotes from Titanic
In the sinking of this ship 1514 people died and thanks to this film we can be a little more aware of the drama that was experienced at that time.
Below you can discover the 75 best phrases from Titanic , a film that you cannot miss in any way.
1. It was the ship of dreams for everyone else, for me, it was a slave ship, returning to the United States in chains. On the outside, I was what every well-educated girl should be. On the inside, I was screaming.
During the film, Kate Winslet’s character is forced to board the ship to return to the United States.
2. I’m not an idiot, I know how the world works. I have ten dollars in my pocket, I have nothing to offer you. I understand that. But I’m too involved now. You jump, I jump, remember?
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet live one of the most epic romances in the world of cinema during this film.
3. Fifteen hundred people were left at sea when the Titanic sank under us. There were twenty boats floating nearby and only one returned. One.
Indeed, 1514 people died at this tragic moment, the Titanic did not have enough boats to save all its passengers.
4. Listen, Rose, you are going to get out of here, you are going to go ahead and have many little children, and you will see them grow up. You’re gonna die a warm old lady in your bed. Not here, not tonight. Not this way. You understand me?
Our attitude can save our lives if we ever find ourselves in a situation as tough as this one was.
5. Don’t worry. It’s only goodbye for a while. There’ll be another boat for parents. This one is for moms and kids. Shake hands with mommy and behave yourself.
Many families were broken because of this famous sinking, as all the passengers suffered some loss in it.
6. The buried secrets of the Titanic.
There is no doubt that the Titanic is a ship that still holds many secrets.
7. Thank you for that forensic analysis, Mr. Nodine. Of course, experiencing it was a little different.
Dying is a situation no one wants to have to go through, the worst situation we will ever face.
8. What? You think a first-class woman can’t drink?
The separation of social classes in society is something that is clearly reflected in life on this ship.
9. Our difference in taste is that I do.
Good taste is something you are born with, not everyone possesses this virtue.
10. I am the king of the world!
One of the most famous quotes from this film, when the leading couple meet at the very bow of the famous ship.
11. Typical. First-class dogs make a mess here. To show us our place in the scheme of things. We won’t forget?
The poor travelled in this ship in almost subhuman conditions, this was one of the reasons why there were so many deaths.
12. Women and machines don’t go together.
Women were considered at that time in a very different way than we are today.
13. Say that someday we’ll go to those lost paradises, even if it’s just for daydreaming. Of course we’ll go, we’ll drink cheap beer, we’ll ride the roller coaster until we throw up, and we’ll ride our horses along the beach trampling the waves.
The leading couple dreamed of living a joint life in the United States.
14. That’s the good thing about Paris, a lot of women want to get naked.
At the beginning of the 20th century, Paris was considered the most bohemian city in the world.
15. Of course it’s unfair. We’re women. Choosing is never easy for us.
At that time, women had to act and behave in a certain way in order to appear more feminine.
16. My current address is the R.M.S. Titanic, so it depends on God’s mood.
No one on the ship knew what would happen, no one expected this great ship to last so short a time.
17. Remember, they love money, pretend to have a mine and you’ll get into the club.
Money creates its own social classes, within which you cannot access if you do not have a certain amount of it.
18. I want you to draw me like your French girls with that on. Just with that on.
Being drawn naked was something that no woman of a certain position should allow.
19. Make it count, see you at the clock.
The couple were fervent in their desire to be together, they did not want to be separated for even a second.
20. Life is a game of chance.
Surely no one knows what life has in store for him in the future.
21. I have everything I need here with me. I have air in my lungs and blank sheets of paper.
We must be happy with what we really need, so that life will always smile at us.
22. Life is a gift and I don’t want to waste it. There’s no telling what hand he’ll have next. You learn to take life as it comes. To make every day count.
Life is the most valuable thing we have and we must know how to make the most of it.
23. I think you’re blushing, you great artist. I can’t imagine Monet blushing.
Winslet’s character managed to make Jack, the well-known character of Oscar winner Leonardo DiCaprio, very nervous.
24. Forget it, kid. You have as much chance of getting close to her as you do of an angel appearing and touching you with his grace.
When two people were from different social classes, having a relationship was tremendously complicated.
25. I felt like I was on the edge of a cliff, with no one to help me not fall.
Even with great economic power, life can seem empty and dull to you. Money certainly doesn’t bring happiness.
26. Drowning music. This is first class.
Iconic scene in which the ship’s orchestra starts playing in the middle of the sinking.
27. His money can no longer save him, any more than it can save me.
In a completely catastrophic situation, money is no longer relevant.
28. When this ship docks. I’m going with you.
The young couple had at that time, the idea of being able to live a life together.
29. Two things went missing this afternoon. One has returned and I think I know where the other is.
At the beginning of the 20th century, suffering from theft on a transatlantic voyage was very common.
30. Women and children first.
A great phrase that even today is used in most catastrophic situations.
31. I think you got your headlines, Mr. Ismay.
The collapse of the titanic occupied all the front pages of the big newspapers.
32. I’d rather be his hetaira than your wife.
Love is something you can’t fight against.
33. Rose, how did you find out it wasn’t me? – I didn’t. I realized I already knew.
Trust is something essential in a couple, without it the relationship would not be possible.
34. We dress up and go down like gentlemen. But we’d like a brandy.
The social class we belong to will not help us get out of a situation like this.
35. Outwardly I was everything a well-educated young girl should be, but my insides screamed in rebellion.
The character of Winslet was in a very delicate emotional situation at that time, as she was forced to live a life she did not really want.
36. The other night I slept under a bridge and now I’m on the greatest boat drinking champagne with you. Pour me some more.
Life can change in the blink of an eye, who knows where we’ll be tomorrow.
37. Waiting to live, waiting to die… Waiting for an absolution that would never come.
Whatever has to happen will undoubtedly happen, we must not give too much thought to certain problems that may have no solution.
38. I haven’t talked about Jack to anyone so far, not even to your grandfather, I don’t even have a picture of him, now, he only exists in my memory…
The young couple lived a great romance that unfortunately was cut short before its time.
39. Go, I’ll take the next one. – No, not without you.
In a situation as complicated as a sinking, decisions must be made that can be crucial to survival.
40. They called the Titanic the dream ship, and it was, it really was. I love you, Jack.
A great boat and a great movie, where the adventure that Rose and Jack are living shows us what true love is.
41. Winning that ticket was the best thing that ever happened to me. It brought me to you. And I’m grateful for that, Rose.
What at first may seem like a big prize, we will eventually discover that it really may not be.
42. Jack. This is where we met.
Just like Winslet’s character in this film, we will always remember who our first great love was.
43. I walk through the valley of shadows. – Do you want to walk faster in the valley?
At a time as difficult as this sinking, anyone would become over-excited.
44. I won’t walk away from your life not knowing you’ll be okay. That’s all I want.
Separating from the person we love can be a very complicated thing to do in practice.
45. A woman’s heart is an ocean of secrets.
Without a doubt, a woman can keep many secrets throughout her life.
46. If you jump I jump, remember?
In order to move on with our lives, we will have to make some pretty complicated decisions.
47. Gentlemen, it was an honor to play with you tonight.
An entire orchestra of musicians came face to face with this famous sinking.
48. I’m sick of being nice, damn it. Now take me down.
We can all lose our temper at some point, and at this point Rose has certainly lost it.
49. Too bad I didn’t save the drawing. It’ll be worth a lot more tomorrow.
You never know what life has in store for you and what is worthless today can be of great value tomorrow.
50. Iceberg to the front!
One of the highlights of this great film.
51. From now on, no matter what I do, the Titanic will sink.
There came a point in the sinking where the ship was totally unsalvageable and the only thing to do was to run away.
52. Darling, you can have us both in your safe now.
Rose’s fiancé was carrying a huge safe to safeguard his most valuable possessions.
53. Diamond? Yes. 56 carats to be exact. It was carried by Louis XVl, and they called it “Le Coeur de la Mer”, “The Heart of the Ocean”.
In the role played by Winslet, Rose was carrying one of the largest diamonds in history during this adventure.
54. Rose, you’re not a pleasant picture. In fact, you’re a spoiled little girl. But, underneath that, you’re the most amazing, disturbing, wonderful girl… woman I’ve ever met.
Jack (DiCaprio) in this movie goes totally crazy for Rose (Winslet) and they live the biggest romance of their lives.
55. I’m not a foreman you can boss around. I’m your fiancée.
Rose was not about to be broken by the designs of, until then, her fiancé.
56. Just follow the steps, don’t think.
During certain times in our lives, we must be strong and know not to look back.
57. You will now take brandy in the smoking room. They go into a cloud of smoke and celebrate being the masters of the world.
The rich at the beginning of the 20th century were avid consumers of Brandy and smokers of the best cigars.
58. Where are you going? With him? You’ll be a sewer rat’s tart!
Rose’s scorned fiancé quotes these words to her on learning of her affair with Jack.
59. The last thing I need is a picture of me looking like a porcelain doll.
Rose wanted Jack to draw her as she was at the time, a faithful portrait of reality.
60. It was the last time the Titanic saw the light of day.
When the Titanic sank, it reached a depth of 3800 meters, where the sun’s rays are unable to reach.
61. Why do you announce dinner as a cavalry charge?
The call to dinner is something that is still practiced in many dining rooms around the world.
62. The press knows the size of the Titanic. I want to amaze them with its speed. We must give them more than just print. The maiden voyage must make headlines.
The captain of this ship was perfectly willing to show them what that ship was capable of.
63. They were all kind and curious about who saved me. But my mother saw him as an insect, a dangerous insect that must be crushed quickly.
In those days, the relationship between rich and poor was seen in a much worse light, and many obstacles were put in place so that this would never happen.
64. A real man makes his luck.
Our future or success in life we carve out for ourselves, this is something that people from humble families know from birth.
65. You know, there’s nothing I couldn’t give you, there’s nothing I would deny you if you didn’t deny me. Open your heart to me, Rose.
Money can’t make a person love you, love doesn’t understand power or money.
66. Interesting. She slips suddenly and you have time to take off your jacket and shoes.
Some things may seem totally implausible at times, but in the end they turn out to be true.
67. Ah, forget it, kid. First you get angels out of your ass to get close to her.
If you were from a humble family, you could never have a relationship with someone of high standing.
68. – Hey, who thought of the name of the Titanic? Was it Bruce?
– In fact yes, I wanted to convey pure size and size means stability, luxury and above all, strength.
– Dr. Freud would be very interested in the meaning of your comment.
Thinking that something big must necessarily be better can be a sign of our own insecurities.
69. With nothing in front of us but the ocean.
When the Titanic set sail, a vast ocean opened up before it.
70. If you have nothing, you have nothing to lose.
A quote that reveals a great truth, the one who has more always has more to lose.
71. That’s something you don’t see every day.
Without a doubt, to be able to see this great ship was something totally unheard of at that time.
72. Seeing him come out of the dark like a ghost ship still puzzles me every time, seeing the sad routine of the great ship lying here, where he landed at 2:30 a.m. on April 15, 1912, after his long fall from the world above.
The vision of the Titanic sunk in the depths can convey a great deal of emotion.
73. I love waking up not knowing what will happen or who I will meet, or where I will end up.
Each new day can bring a lot of new things to discover, life can be wonderful if we put our minds to it.
74. My heart beat all the way. It was the most erotic moment of my life. At least until then.
When we are young, our first encounters of a sexual nature are the most exciting we will ever experience.
75. But now they know that there was a man named Jack Dawson and that he saved me in every way that anyone can be saved.
Jack (DiCaprio) meant a lot to the character Winslet played in this film, Rose, who was the first and greatest love of his life.