What words are spelled the same but pronounced?
Or words that are spelled differently, but sound the same? We call these words homophones, homographs or homonyms.
What are 10 pairs of homophones?
10 most commonly known homophones we should know
- Right: Riri always makes the right choice. …
- Die: If you don’t quit smoking, you will die soon. …
- Plane: It is the first time for Ria on a plane. …
- Idol: Beyonce is an idol we all admire. …
- Break: Break the chocolate bar into pieces so that everyone can have some.
What are the 50 examples of homonyms?
Homonyms, Homophones, and Homographs
|accept – take in||except – other than|
|real – factual||reel – roll|
|right – correct; not left||write – scribble|
|ring – encircle||wring – squeeze|
|road – street||rode – past tense of ride|
16 jul 2019
What are the 100 example of homophones?
100 Examples of Homophones
- 1.abel — able. 2.accede — exceed. 3.accept — except.
- 4.addition — edition. 5.all ready — already. 6.ax — acts.
- 7.axel — axle. 8.axes — axis. 9.aye — eye — I.
- 11.bawl — ball. 12.been — bin. 13.beer — bier.
- 24.cheep — cheap. 25.chews — choose. 26.chic — sheik.
What are the 25 examples of homonyms?
List 25 – Homonyms
What are 10 example of homonyms?
10 Homonyms with Meanings and Sentences
- Cache – Cash:
- Scents – Sense:
- Chile – Chili:
- Choir – Quire:
- Site – Sight:
- Facts- Fax:
- Finnish – Finish:
What are heteronyms?
Definition of heteronym
: one of two or more homographs (such as a bass voice and bass, a fish) that differ in pronunciation and meaning.
Why is tear and tear spelled the same?
Homophones are words that are spelled the same with different pronunciations and meanings. Heteronyms are words that are spelled the same but have different meanings and are pronounced differently, like tear: A tear ran down her cheek; Be careful so you don’t tear the paper.
What is the homonym of fly?
Homographic Homophones: Fly and Fly and Other Word That Look and Sound the Same but Are As Different in Meaning As Bat and Bat: Hanson, Joan: 9780822502883: Amazon.com: Books. Books.
What is the homonym for cold?
Cool as in cold must be a different word than cool as in calm. They’re homonyms.