What is a weird word?
What’s the oldest word?
What is the longest weirdest word?
What is a ridiculous word?
What are the 10 most annoying mispronounced words?
- Pacifically instead of specifically – 35%
- Probly instead of probably – 28%
- Expresso instead of espresso – 26%
- Specially instead of especially – 25%
- Artick instead of arctic – 19%
- Nu-cu-lar instead of nuclear – 19%
- Tenderhooks instead of tenterhooks – 18%
Why is the L in talk silent?
Is the L in talking silent?
Is the L silent in Almond?
Does Japan have no L sound?
Why is K silent in know?
However, when the letter ‘k’ precedes the letter ‘n’ at the start of a word, it falls silent; such as ‘know’. Know’ is interesting, because even though the ‘k’ is silent (we don’t say ‘cah-noh’), it is not pronounced the same way as ‘now’. ‘Know’ = noh.