What are 5 characteristics of a liquid?
- liquid have a fixed volume but no fixed shape.
- liquids can be compressed. large pressure is required to compress them.
- liquids have lesser densities than solids.
- intermolecular forces of attraction is weaker than solids.
- they have considerable space between the particles.
What are the 7 properties of liquids?
- Capillary Action. …
- Cohesive and Adhesive Forces. …
- Contact Angles. …
- Surface Tension. …
- Unusual Properties of Water. …
- Vapor Pressure. …
- Viscosity Viscosity is another type of bulk property defined as a liquid’s resistance to flow. …
- Wetting Agents.
What are 2 characteristics of a liquid?
Which one is a characteristic of liquid state?
The substance in the liquid state contains fixed volume but no fixed shape. The substance in the liquid state may not be compressed. The substance in the liquid state has a larger space among the particles than solids. The substance in the liquid state can flow.
What are the 3 properties of a liquid?
- Liquids have fixed volume, but not fixed shape. …
- Particles of Liquids are closely to each other (but not as close as solids)
- Liquid does not fill container completely like gases. …
- Liquids are able to flow easily as particles are able to slide over each other.
What are the 5 characteristics of matter?
Expert-verified answer question
- small particles.
- continuously moving.
- attract each other.
What are the characteristics of liquid and solid?
What are the characteristics of liquid and gas?
|Some Characteristics of Gases, Liquids and Solids and the Microscopic Explanation for the Behavior|
|assumes the shape and volume of its container particles can move past one another||assumes the shape of the part of the container which it occupies particles can move/slide past one another|
What are the 10 properties of solids?
- Solid has a fixed shape and a fixed volume.
- Solid cannot be compressed.
- Solids have a high density.
- Force of attraction between the particles in a solid is very strong.
- The space between the particles of solids is negligible.
What are the 10 properties of gas?
- What are the Properties of Gases? Gasses do not possess any definite volume or shape. …
- Compressibility. Particles of gas have huge intermolecular spaces in the midst of them. …
- Expansibility. When pressure is exerted on gas, it contracts. …
- Diffusibility. …
- Low Density. …
- Exertion of Pressure.
What are the properties of liquids for kids?
What are the properties of liquid Class 9?
Liquid has definite volume. Liquid has no definite shape. Liquid gets the shape of container in which it is kept. Liquid cannot be compressed much.