What are the main characteristics of Puritanism?
What are 5 values of Puritanism?
What are three characteristics of Puritanism?
- Very plain text; organized.
- Used many scriptural stories, allusions, and analogies.
- Simplistic with no imagery or figures of speech.
- It relies heavily on their beliefs.
How would you describe the Puritans?
What are three Puritan values?
What rules did Puritans follow?
What type of people were Puritans?
What are Puritans not allowed to do?
What was the Puritan ideal of woman?
What are some values of Puritans?
- Judgmental God (rewards good/punishes evil)
- Predestination/Election (salvation or damnation was predetermined by God)
- Original Sin (humans are innately sinful, tainted by the sins of Adam & Eve; good can be accomplished only through hard work & self-discipline)
- God’s Grace.
What Puritan values still exist today?
What are the basic beliefs of Puritan literature?
What are the most important aspects of life to a Puritan?
Church was an extremely important part of the daily lives of Puritans, and attending church was mandatory. There could be severe punishments for those who failed to attend. Puritans believed that they were doing God’s work and that those who disobeyed or strayed from Puritan teachings were sinners.