What are the 5 characteristics of ROM?
- Non-volatile in nature.
- Cannot be accidentally changed.
- Cheaper than RAMs.
- Easy to test.
- More reliable than RAMs.
- Static and do not require refreshing.
- Contents are always known and can be verified.
What are the characteristics of ROM and RAM?
What are the characteristics of RAM?
RAM is volatile in nature, which means, the data is lost when the device is switched off. RAM is known as the Primary memory of the computer. RAM is known to be expensive since the memory can be accessed directly. RAM is the fastest memory, therefore, it is an internal memory for the computer.
What are the main functions of ROM?
What are the 4 types of ROM?
What are the characteristics of a virtual memory?
|Virtual Memory||Physical Memory|
|Uses paging||Uses a the swapping technique|
|In comparison between the two types of memory, virtual memory is slower than physical memory||Physical memory is faster than virtual memory|
|Limited by the size of the hard disk||Limited to the size of the RAM chip|
What are the characteristics of cache memory?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of ROM?
What are the 7 characteristics of computer?
- Permanent Storage.
- Secrecy and Agile.
How many characteristics of computer are there?
What are the 5 main characteristics of computer?
- Speed. A computer works with much higher speed and accuracy compared to humans while performing mathematical calculations. …
- Accuracy. Computers perform calculations with 100% accuracy. …
- Diligence. A computer can perform millions of tasks or calculations with the same consistency and accuracy. …
- Versatility. …
- Reliability. …