What is an example of an IADL?
An IADL, or Instrumental Activity of Daily Living, are more complex sets of skills we need in order to live independently. These skills are: using the telephone, shopping, preparing meals, housekeeping, using transportation, taking medication(s), and managing finances.
What are IADL activities?
What are the 6 IADLs?
What are ADLs and IADLs give an example of each?
What are the 7 IADLs?
- Use the phone. …
- Shop for groceries on your own.
- Plan, heat, and serve your own meals.
- Manage your medicines. …
- Clean your house or apartment.
- Get around on your own, either by car, taxi, or public transportation.
- Manage money and pay bills.