What are the 5 relative clauses?
What are the 10 examples of relative pronoun?
What is relative clause examples with answers?
Which sentences has a relative clause?
- The bike (which / that) I loved was stolen.
- The university (which / that) she likes is famous.
- The woman (who / that) my brother loves is from Mexico.
- The doctor (who / that) my grandmother liked lives in New York.
What are the 7 relative pronouns?
What are 10 sentences using indefinite pronouns?
- I don’t know anything about it. = neutral.
- I know nothing about it. = defensive.
- I don’t have anybody to talk to. = neutral.
- I have nobody to talk to. = hopeless.
- There wasn’t anything we could do. = neutral.
- There was nothing we could do. = defensive/angry.
What is interrogative pronoun give 10 examples?
What are relative pronouns?
What are personal pronouns examples?
What are the examples of reciprocal pronoun?
- Romeo and Juliet love each other.
- The coaches spoke to each other about strategy.
- The chimpanzees shared food with each other.
What is relative clause in English grammar?
How do you teach relative clauses?
- Identify In-text. …
- Introduce the Structure. …
- Start to Add Relative Clauses to Sentences. …
- Use Scrambled Sentences. …
- Create Relevant Writing Tasks.
Where are relative pronouns examples?
|where||places||I know a restaurant where the food is excellent. (… a restaurant at which the food is excellent)|
|why||reasons||Do you know the reason why the shop is closed today? (… the reason for which the shop is closed …)|
What are the two types of relative clauses?
How do you explain a relative clause to a child?
Why is it called a relative clause?
How do you identify a clause?
First, it has a subject: that’s who or what is doing something. Second, it has a predicate: that’s the action the subject is doing. “They run” is a clause. It tells you the who (they) and the action (run).
What is the difference between relative pronoun and relative clause?
What are the 7 types of clauses?
- Independent Clause. The independent clause is the main clause in the sentence. …
- Subordinate Clause. …
- Adjective Clause. …
- Adverbial Clause. …
- Noun Clause. …
- Relative Clause. …
- Conditional Clause.
What is clause give example?
1 : a group of words containing a subject and predicate and functioning as a member of a complex (see complex entry 2 sense 1b(2)) or compound (see compound entry 3 sense 3b) sentence The sentence “When it rained they went inside” consists of two clauses: “when it rained” and “they went inside.”