How do you use the revolve boss base?
What is revolved boss?
Revolved Boss or Base is a SolidWorks feature tool which is used to create solid 3D model around an axis. You can revolve the sketch around an axis to add materials to it. You can access revolved boss/base from both command manager and menubar.
How do you do a revolved cut in SolidWorks?
Creating Extruded or Revolved Cuts as Assembly Features
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
How do you use the swept boss base in SolidWorks?
How do you make a revolved boss in SolidWorks?
- Create a new 2D sketch.
- Create all solid sketch geometry on one side of the axis.
- Choose Revolve Boss/Base from the features menu.
- Pick the axis you wish to use for the revolve.
- Specify direction and angle.
- Accept the Feature.
What is loft in SolidWorks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.
How do you sweep multiple lines in SolidWorks?
What are the required elements to create a revolved feature SolidWorks?
To create a revolve feature: Create a sketch that contains one or more profiles and a centerline, line, or edge to use as the axis around which the feature revolves. Click one of the following revolve tools: Revolved Boss/Base (Features toolbar) or Insert > Boss/Base > Revolve.
What is SolidWorks extrude boss base means?
One of the oldest commands in the SOLIDWORKS software is the boss/base extrude command. An Extruded Boss/Base feature will allow you to take a 2D sketch and add thickness to it in the third dimension. Every few releases, this feature gets some terrific functionality added to it.
What is revolve command in SolidWorks?
Much like the Extrude command, the Revolve feature creates geometry from a sketch. However, the Revolve requires one more ingredient, the Axis of Rotation. Once you have a sketch, the next element is the center line, axis or internal line, of the sketch.
How can you tell if you are sketching on a different sketch plane?
How can you tell if you are sketching on a different sketch plane? The coordinate triad has changed its position to represent the position of the plane you are sketching on.
How do you extrude bosses in SolidWorks?
- Create a sketch.
- Click one of the extrude tools: Extruded Boss/Base. on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Boss/Base > Extrude. Extruded Cut. on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > Extrude. Extruded Surface. on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
How do you use the circular pattern feature in SolidWorks?
Use circular patterns to create multiple instances of one or more features that you can space uniformly around an axis.
To create a circular pattern:
To create a circular pattern:
- Create one or more features to replicate.
- Click Circular Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Circular Pattern.
- Set the PropertyManager options.
- Click .
How do you show planes in Solidworks?
You can turn the display of planes on or off. To toggle the display of planes: Click View > Hide/Show > Planes.
How do you sketch on different planes in Solidworks?
The first and more straightforward way to move a sketch to a different face is to right-click on the sketch in the feature tree. From there, you can click the button to “edit sketch plane.” This will highlight the existing face, and all you need to do to move it is to select the new face.
How do you change planes in Solidworks 3D sketch?
To change the coordinate system for your 3D sketch, click the required sketch tool, hold down the Ctrl key, and click a plane, a planar face, or a user-defined coordinate system.
How do you display a plane?
To view reference planes, right-click in the graphics window and click Home View. In the browser, click the plus sign beside Origin. Select a reference plane to display, then right-click and select Visibility from the menu.
How do I change the default plane in SolidWorks?
Changing the Orientation of the Standard Model Views
- Do one of the following: Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan tools to orient the model. Click View Selector and select a view. …
- Click Update Standard Views .
- When prompted, select the standard view you want to assign the current view to.
- Click Yes to confirm the update.
How do you unhide planes?
How do you hide all planes in Solidworks assembly?
Click View > Hide/Show > Hide All Types. After you select Hide All Types, you cannot show any hidden items until you clear Hide All Types.
How do aircraft models display?
First and foremost, display your model plane in a spot where it is least likely to get accidentally damaged. Avoid spots that have shelves overhead in case something falls on your display case (or the model itself). Areas where your model airplane can get accidentally elbowed (e.g. beside a couch) are no good either.