How do you do a hard factory reset on an iPhone 7?
How to factory reset iPhone 7
- Go to your iPhone 7 Settings.
- Scroll down and tap ‘General’.
- Scroll all the way down and tap ‘Reset’.
- You’ll see a few options. You want to tap ‘Erase All Content and Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Erase iPhone’. …
- Enter your Apple ID – another security measure.
- Tap ‘Erase’.
Will hard reset delete everything iPhone 7?
Factory resetting your phone using the settings is a straightforward method. To do so on your iPhone 7/7 Plus, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and enter the passcode to confirm erasing. This step will require a password if you have set one and will delete all the data on your phone.
Why can’t I do a hard reset on iPhone 7?
If you cant force restart your device (press and hold volume down and power buttons, for almost 10-20 seconds, untill the Apple Logo appears, then release the buttons), then you’d better have your device checked at the nearest Apple Store.
How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
Wipe all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. If you’re erasing your iPhone because you’re replacing it with a new iPhone that you have on hand, you can use extra free storage in iCloud to move your apps and data to the new device. …
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do you hard reset iPhone?
Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
How do you force a frozen iPhone 7 to restart?
To force restart iPhone 7 with screen frozen, just press and release the Volume Up button quickly. Press and release the Volume Down button quickly. Lastly, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo.
How do I reset my iPhone 7 when the screen doesn’t work?
Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button. On your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the side button and volume down button at the same time.
How do I reset my iPhone 7 without losing data?
Press and hold Lock/Wake button on iPhone > Press and hold Volume Down button at the same time; Hold both buttons till the screen turns black > Switch back on to reboot iPhone till Apple logo shows up; When you see Apple logo on iPhone, the hard reset process will complete.
How do you fix an unresponsive iPhone screen?
If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad
- Restart your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure that your screen is clean and free of any debris or water.
- Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. …
- Remove any cases or screen protectors.
What happens when force restart doesn’t work on iPhone 7?
To restart your iPhone, press and hold down the Power and Volume buttons until a slider appears on-screen. If restarting doesn’t work, you can trigger a “force restart” by pressing Volume Up, Volume Down, and then Power. As a last resort, you can fix almost any glitch by resetting your iPhone.
Why won’t my iPhone turn on after it died?
If the iPhone still doesn’t turn on, it may have a dead battery or a bad charging port. Replace the battery with a partially charged one and see if the phone will turn on. If not, there may be a power button or logic board issue. If the phone does turn on, plug it in and see if the charging indication comes on.