What meats are low in iodine?
- Fresh beef, veal, lamb, and pork.
- Fresh chicken and turkey.
- Freshwater fish (such as carp, river bass, lake trout, and river perch)
- Fresh egg whites.
- Unsalted nuts and nut butters (such as peanut, almond, and cashew butter)
- Fresh or dried green peas.
Can you eat pork on a low-iodine diet?
Is chicken low in iodine?
Does chicken have iodine?
What are the symptoms of too much iodine?
Which fruit is rich in iodine?
How long does it take to get iodine out of your system?
How does the body get rid of excess iodine?
People with excess iodine are advised to use salt that is not fortified with iodine and to reduce their consumption of foods that contain iodine, such as seafood, seaweed, yogurt, and milk, and to avoid taking supplements containing iodine.
Does iodine build up in the body?
Can iodine make you sick?
Does pink Himalayan salt have iodine?
What is the best form of iodine to take?
Common iodine supplement preparations include potassium iodide, potassium iodate, and a combination of iodine and potassium iodide, otherwise known as Lugol’s solution.