What is the secret to making good rice?
- Rinse the rice.
- Use the right ratio of water. Add 2 parts water and 1 part rice to a large pot. …
- Bring the water to a boil. Once it’s boiling, add a big pinch of salt.
- Maintain a simmer. …
- Cook without peeking or stirring. …
- Let the rice rest covered. …
- Fluff the rice with a fork.
How do you make plain white rice taste good?
Why is my rice sticky and mushy?
How do you make rice not sticky and fluffy?
What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
How do you make white rice taste like Chinese?
How do you add flavor to cooked rice?
Do you season rice before or after cooking?
What makes Chinese rice taste so good?
How do Asians cook rice?
What rice do Japanese use?
Why is restaurant fried rice better?
What is the secret to restaurant fried rice?
There’s only one secret to making delicious fried rice that tastes just like it came from your favourite Chinese restaurant: using leftover rice! What is this? Sure, you can totally use freshly-cooked rice, but you’ll get much better results if you start with day-old rice.
What can replace oyster sauce?
- Fish sauce. Although it’s not a perfect substitute, you can use fish sauce in place of oyster sauce in some recipes. …
- Soy sauce. …
- Hoisin sauce. …
- Worcestershire sauce with soy sauce. …
- Teriyaki sauce. …
- Vegan mushroom sauce.
What oil should I use for fried rice?
Oils suitable for stir-frying are peanut oil, vegetable oil, and palm oil. They have a high smoking point which is suitable for stir-frying and a neutral taste that will not affect the flavor of the fried rice. Olive oil and butter are not suitable for cooking oriental fried rice.