What to say to encourage someone who is feeling down?
6 encouraging phrases to say to a person with depression
- ‘It’s OK to not feel OK’ …
- ‘You’re not alone’ …
- ‘You can move forward in the face of your depression’ …
- ‘I’m here for you, no matter what’ …
- ‘Help is available’ …
- ‘Your story isn’t over’
How do you encourage a hardworking friend?
Encouraging Messages for a Friend
Nothing can stop you from achieving your dreams. You are the most hardworking. Soon your hard work will start to pay. You hold the key to your success, let nothing hold you back.
What are three inspiring words?
“Dreams come true.” “Never give up.” “Winners never quit.” “Success breeds success.”
What to say to a friend who is having a hard time?
These are the most effective:
- Ask them how they are feeling. Then, listen non-judgmentally to their response. …
- Show them that you want to understand and express sympathy. …
- Ask how you can support them and resist jumping in to problem-solve. …
- Check in to see if they are suicidal. …
- Reassure them, realistically.
What do you say to encourage someone to stay strong?
These phrases are ways to tell someone to keep trying:
- Hang in there.
- Don’t give up.
- Keep pushing.
- Keep fighting!
- Stay strong.
- Never give up.
- Never say ‘die’.
- Come on! You can do it!.
What is positive encouragement?
As noted above, positive reinforcement refers to introducing a desirable stimulus (i.e., a reward) to encourage the behavior that is desired. An example of this is giving a child a treat when he or she is polite to a stranger.