What is the suffix of cracy?
Did you know? In society’s search for the best kind of government, the suffix -cracy (which means “form of government” and traces to the Greek kratos, meaning “strength” or “power”) has worn many hats.
What words have the root cracy?
What are some words that use the combining form -cracy?
- aristocracy (using the equivalent form of -cracy in Greek)
- plutocracy (using the equivalent form of -cracy in Greek)
What word ends with PU?
Words that End in PU
- 6 Letter Words. Points. A – Z. Z – A Sort: Points. quippu 23pakapu 17
- 5 Letter Words. Points. A – Z. Z – A Sort: Points. quipu 19coypu 14
- 4 Letter Words. Points. A – Z. Z – A Sort: Points. kapu 12pupu 12hapu 10tapu 8
What are the types of cracy?
All can have associated adjectives in ‑cratic (bureaucratic, meritocratic), and nouns in ‑crat for a member of the relevant class or group (aristocrat, autocrat). A few can also have adjectives in ‑cratical (aristocratical, democratical), but these are much rarer than the corresponding forms in ‑cratic.
What is the meaning of word cracy?
a combining form occurring in loanwords from Greek ( aristocracy; democracy). On this model, -cracy is used, with the meaning “rule,” “government,” “ governing body,” to form abstract nouns from stems of other origin. mobocracy. bureaucracy. Compare -crat.
What is the root word of Gen?
The form –gen comes from Greek –genēs, meaning “born” or “produced.” The Latin translation and cognate of –genēs is nātus, meaning “born,” which is the source of natal, native, and nature.
What is the root word for Archy?
(word root) rule, government. Examples of words with the root -archy: monarchy, oligarchy.
What does gen mean on Tiktok?
The term /gen is essentially a shortened version of the world ‘genuine’. So, when someone writes /gen at the end of a sentence, it means that the statement is genuine and serious and tells you that they aren’t joking at all. See more.
Is gen a Scrabble word?
Yes, gen is a valid Scrabble word.
Does Mort mean death?
The Latin root word mort means “death.” This Latin root is the word origin of a good number of English vocabulary words, including mortgage, mortuary, and immortal. The Latin root word mort is easily recalled through the word mortal, for a “mortal” is someone whom “death” will claim one day.
How can I talk like Gen Z?
What is Gen Z slang?
1. no cap. You’ve likely seen cap and no cap used on social media, but these terms actually pre-date social media and Gen Z by several decades. In Black slang, to cap about something means “to brag, exaggerate, or lie” about it. This meaning dates all the way back to at least the early 1900s.