Words with dys
What words have dys in them?
- 1 : abnormal dysplasia.
- 2 : difficult dysphagia — compare eu-
- 3 : impaired dysfunction.
- 4 : bad dyslogistic — compare eu-
What is the meaning of the prefix dys -?
bad or difficult
Dys-: Prefix denoting bad or difficult, as in dyspepsia (difficult digestion).
What is the suffix of dys?
a combining form meaning “ill,” “bad,” used in the formation of compound words: dysfunction.
Is dys a Scrabble word?
No, dys is not in the scrabble dictionary.
Does dys mean painful?
(dis), This Greek prefix denotes difficulty (dyspnea), pain (dysmenorrhea), or trouble (dyskinesia).
Is DYS a root word?
dys-, prefix. dys- comes from Greek, where it has the meaning “ill, bad. ” This meaning is found in such words as: dysentery, dyslexia, dyspepsia.
What words start with ex?
What are Words that Start with Ex? The Words that Start with Ex are expert, exactly, example, exclude, excluding, expect, expecting, expectation, exclusion, exhibit, exhibition, extra, extravagant, excuse, expand, expansion, exploit, exploited, etc.
What is a 5 letter word that starts with ex?
5-letter words starting with EX
What is a 5 letter word with Ed in it?
5-letter words starting with ED
What starts with S and ends with ex?
Words Starting with S and Ending in EX
- 3 Letter Words. Word. Points. Options. sex. definition.
- 5 Letter Words. Word. Points. Options. senex. silex. …
- 6 Letter Words. Word. Points. Options. silvex. definition. scolex. …
- 7 Letter Words. Word. Points. Options. simplex. definition. spandex. …
- 8 Letter Words. Word. Points. Options. spinifex. definition. subindex. …
What does it mean by ex?
Definition of ex
(Entry 1 of 8) : one that formerly held a specified position or place especially : a former spouse or former partner in an intimate relationship. ex. noun (2)
Can Wordle words end in Ed?
One way of playing Wordle is to look at how the word ends and work backwards. Popular ending combinations for shorter words include ‘er’, ‘th’, ‘ed’, ‘ss’, ‘al’, ‘ly’, and ‘ie’.