What is a good synonym for suggestion?
How do you say suggest in a formal way?
Formal synonyms of ‘SUGGEST’
- Recommend. Basically means the same as ‘suggest’, but it makes the advice you are giving sound like it comes from an expert. …
- Propose. Basically means the same as ‘suggest’, but like ‘recommend’, it makes the advice you are giving sound like it comes from an expert. …
- Advise. …
What word is suggestion?
A suggestion is a proposal, piece of advice, or idea for consideration. Suggestion is the noun form the verb suggest. Suggestion is often used with the verbs offer and make, as in the common question, Can I make a suggestion?
What are examples of suggestions?
I have a suggestion: call the store and ask them about it. I’d like to offer a suggestion. I reject his suggestion that we shouldn’t have helped them. trying to influence people’s thoughts by using suggestion The director relies on the power of suggestion rather than explicitly showing the murder.
Can I make a suggestion meaning?
If you make a suggestion, you put forward an idea or plan for someone to think about.
What is the synonym of solution?
See definition of solution on Dictionary.com. nounanswer, resolution.
How do you give suggestions?
Find out with these five simple ways to give advice in English.
- Use a modal verb. There are two modal verbs we often use for giving advice: ‘should’ and ‘ought to’. …
- Make it into a question. …
- Put yourself in the person’s position. …
- Make a suggestion. …
- Advise in a stronger way.
What are antonyms for suggestion?
What is the opposite of suggestion?
How do you speak suggestions?
Is a suggestion a statement?
A statement has its mind made up; a suggestion opens the issue up. A statement appears peremptory; a suggestion is provocative.
How do you write a suggestion sentence?
Subject + should + verb…
- You should study listening more if you want to improve your English.
- He should quit his job.
- You should get your mom a scarf for her birthday.
- Mark should be more honest.
- They should come to the party with us.
- We should try that restaurant next week.
- You should watch that movie.
What is the purpose of suggestion?
A suggestion is usually an expression of an idea for someone else to do something. Suggestion means to present a suggestion that is to introduce or propose an idea or a plan for consideration.
How do you respond to a suggestion?
- That’s a good idea!
- What a great idea!
- That sounds good.
- Why not?
- Yes, with pleasure.
- Yes, I’d like to.
- Thanks! I’d love to.
- Yes, that’s not a bad idea.
What is difference between recommendation and suggestion?
A suggestion, I can give you a suggestion that’s just a good idea, something that I think would be cool. But when I say a recommendation that means that I am putting my trust in you. For example, I can recommend you for a job, I can recommend you.
How do you start a suggestion paragraph?
To introduce suggestions:
- to begin/start with.
- firstly, it’s important.
- another (helpful) suggestion is to,
- secondly, you should.
- in addition /furthermore.
- Lastly, it’s a good idea to,
What line in the speech expresses suggestion?
Suggestions are most often reported using the verbs suggest, insist, recommend, demand, request, and propose followed by a that clause. ‘That’ and ‘should’ are optional in these clauses, as shown in the first two examples below.
How do you say you have no suggestions?
This is a useful and interesting article, I have no further suggestions. I have no major suggestions for the current version of the article.