Love has inspired thousands of novels, films, poems and songs , because it is a feeling that is capable of moving the world. But not only poets or writers have paid attention to this phenomenon, both psychologists and sociologists have tried to understand it.
A selection of famous romantic quotes
Love awakens the most intense emotions and the passion of falling in love affects the mind and body of those in love. In fact,
a multitude of studies have been carried out to find out more about it, some of them really surprising.
But in spite of this research, the phenomenon is so complex that there has not always been consensus on the discoveries, even so, interesting data have been provided, for example, on the chemistry of love, its curious side effects and what happens with lack of love and love sickness
The best love phrases
Over the years,
different characters have referred to love and falling in love in their works , and although it is sometimes complicated to express this feeling in words, in today’s article we have collected 100 of the best sentences on this subject. I hope you enjoy them!
1. I disappeared from your life not by taste or chance, just to check if you miss me and look for me when you do (RousTalent)
When relationships are going through a rough patch, one partner, feeling hurt, may want to distance himself to find out if the other is as in love as he is and look for him. This is not always a good option,
as it is better to use dialogue and negotiation .
2. Come sleep with me: we will not make love, he will make love to us (Julio Cortázar)
When you are so in love with the other person, just being by their side is like being in heaven.
Love envelops everything you do .
3. In one kiss, you will know all that I have kept silent (Pablo Neruda)
A kiss is worth a thousand words when there is love . I’m sure the vast majority of readers have had the pleasure of feeling those passionate kisses that paralyze the world.
4. Love has no cure, but it is the only cure for all ills (Leonard Cohen)
Love, on many occasions, can become painful , especially when it comes to its end. Still, there is no feeling comparable to being in love with someone and being loved back.
5. Love four letters that mark your destiny. Four letters that invite you to dream. Four letters that tell you that you are alive, although for many you are dead… (unknown)
Love is four letters that tell us a lot . They tell us that life can be wonderful if we complete the sentence with the person we love.
6. If when I love I am happy, then you are my happiness (Unknown)
Love and happiness go hand in hand . In fact, there is no greater happiness than spending those incredible little moments with your lover.
7. Love me without questions, that I will love you without answers (unknown)
True love is felt and lived from the first to the last moment . It is a great adventure that must be felt from the heart.
8. The worst way to miss someone is to sit next to them and know that you can never have them (Gabriel García Márquez)
There is no worse feeling than wishing someone with all your strength and not being reciprocated . Sometimes this feeling is inevitable.
9. In love there is always some madness, but there is also always some reason in madness (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Great loves make us do great things , because falling in love affects our brain just like drugs do.
10. The women who are most worthwhile are suffering for an idiot, the men who are worthwhile are crying like idiots (Jesús Alberto Martínez Jiménez)
it is not possible to decide who you fall in love with or are attracted to . So, as much as you don’t like it, when there is, there is; and when there is not, there is not.
11. When you fall in love you don’t go back to being the same person you were before, because that’s when you start living life for real (Luis Miguel Alvarado)
There are few experiences that impact and change your life like when you first fall in love . If your heart is broken you go through an existential crisis that makes you rethink even your deepest values.
12. Thinking of my happiness, I remembered you (Anonymous)
Happiness and love are the same . It is a pity that sometimes the love you feel for a person breaks down and you have to experience the deepest sadness.
13. A kiss? A charming trick to stop talking when words become superfluous (Ingrid Bergman)
A kiss is certainly a sign of love . It is a way of expressing what you feel without having to say anything.
Why do we human beings kiss?
14. We learn to love not when we find the perfect person, but when we come to see an imperfect person in a perfect way (Sam Keen)
Love and infatuation change the perception of things since our brain is affected by chemical changes.
15. What a pity to know that there are people with strengths that make them weak and that do not reflect in the facts what comes out of their mouths (Leonardo Núñez Valle)
A person’s greatest weakness in love is to be proud . It can spoil that great love story you are living. Even though some people think they are strong because they are, their intolerance and intransigence can make them weak.
16. The soul that can speak with the eyes, can also kiss with the look (Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer)
When two people love each other,
through the gaze are able to connect even at the deepest level.
17. Stay with that person who is dying if he doesn’t have you, rather than with that person who is bragging because he knows he has you (Rocio Guerra)
It can happen that you don’t really value the person who truly loves you , who doesn’t know how to live without you and who wants to spend the rest of his life with you.
18. The person who deserves you is the one who, having the freedom to do what he wants, chooses you at all times (Daireth Winehouse)
And of course, even if we don’t realize that person lives with us in mind.
It would be nice if it was a requited love .
19. Some people love power and others have the power to love (Bob Marley)
The famous musician, Bob Marley, reminds us
powerful people are those who are able to love .
20. If you are in love with two women at once, choose the second one, because if you loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen in love with the second one (Johnny Depp)
This sentence states that
when you really love someone, you don’t think about wanting to be with someone else .
21. Remembering is easy for the one with memory. To forget is difficult for the one who has a heart (Gabriel García Márquez)
When you love someone with all your strength, forgetting them is difficult . There are many memories that are still alive.
22. The love of the young is not in their heart, but rather in their eyes (William Shakespeare)
What Shakespeare is trying to tell us with this phrase is that
young people look at the physical . When you get older, the physicality loses ground and you value other qualities of the person.
23. I shoot myself because I love you, but if I loved myself, I would shoot you (Marilyn Manson)
When we love someone we become vulnerable and sometimes at the mercy of the other person.
Whether we want to or not, he manipulates us .
24. What is done for love is beyond good and evil (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Love is often inexplicable . And it can’t lead us to do crazy things. When we fall in love, our behavior changes.
25. He who is not jealous is not in love (St. Augustine)
When you love someone with all your soul there is usually jealousy (not to be confused with pathological jealousy ). Nobody likes to lose the person they want to spend the rest of their life with.
You might be interested:
“The 5 reasons why couples are jealous”
26. Love is the strongest of passions, because it attacks at the same time the head, the body and the heart (Voltaire)
Love changes our behavior and, in fact, it envelops us so that we breathe it in day and night.
27. Love is not seen, it is felt, and even more so when she is next to you (Pablo Neruda)
he love is to be felt and to be carried away by it . That is the only way to live it to the fullest.
28. He who loves, becomes humble. Those who love, so to speak, renounce a part of their narcissism (Sigmund Freud)
L narcissistic people think about them constantly . Instead, when you fall in love, you think about someone else all the time.
More on this subject:
“Narcissistic Personality Disorder”
29. Where love reigns, laws abound (Plato)
As the great Plato says with this phrase:
love makes us lose our reason .
30. The strongest love is that which can show its fragility (Paulo Coelho)
True love can only manifest itself when we open our hearts wide , without fear.
31. Love is not something you have to find, but something that finds you (Loretta Young)
Actress Loretta Young talks about character
unpredictable and uncontrollable of love.
32. Love is composed of a soul inhabiting two bodies (Aristotle)
The Greek philosopher Aristotle’s is one of the
older theories about love .
33. Life is the flower of which love is the honey (Victor Hugo)
One of the most remembered phrases about love, perhaps because it is so graphic.
34. Love is the power to see the similar in the different (Theodor Adorno)
This philosopher found
a surprisingly simple definition about love .
35. There are no limits to the power of love (John Morton)
One of the phrases about love that talks about the power of this feeling.
36. Love is a smoke made with the steam of sighs (William Shakespeare)
A very poetic comparison of
37. Love is a better teacher than duty (Albert Einstein)
One of the great phrases of
Albert Einstein who, in this case, talks about the romantic and loving facet of the human being.
38. We all need each other (Leo Buscaglia)
forms of love are something we all need in our daily lives.
39. Love, because it has no geography, knows no limits (Truman Capote)
This magnificent writer
talks about the lack of boundaries of this feeling .
40. Love will put an elephant through a keyhole (Samuel Richardson)
A very clear image that serves to express
the power of love .
41. True love stories have no end (Richard Bach)
They’re never finished. At least they remain in our memories .
42. I love you more than my own skin (Frida Kahlo)
The Mexican painter lived and loved in a totally passionate way.
43. If you do not love me, it does not matter; I can love for both of us (Stendhal)
A reflection loaded with irony.
44. Love knows no barriers; it jumps over obstacles, fences and penetrates walls to reach its destination full of hope (Maya Angelou)
A true love travels to the other side of the world to meet its beloved again.
45. Kisses, even if they are in the air, are beautiful (Drew Barrymore)
Kissing is one of life’s great pleasures. As long as it is, of course, with someone we have a special affection for.
46. There is no instinct like the instinct of the heart (Lord Byron)
“Hunch” is called that for a reason. Trust your heart , it will guide you better than your logical thinking most of the time.
47. Love is friendship on fire (Jeremy Taylor)
An interesting thought, which balances friendship and love. Do you agree?
48. Beauty is the gift of the lover (William Congreve)
A somewhat confusing reflection by the English playwright William Congreve.
49. The more we fall into thoughts of lust, the more we move away from romantic love (Douglas Horton)
A frequent counterpoint: the more lewd, the less tender. What do you think?
50. I am in you and you are in me, divine love for each other (William Blake)
An inspiring and romantic sentence by the English poet and painter.
51. French is the language that turns dirt into romance
Certainly, the music of the language induces one to think of romanticism.
52. What is love? It is the star of dawn and dusk (Sinclair Lewis)
The last star that leaves us, the one that always lights us up in spite of everything…
53. Romance is stormy; love is calm (Mason Cooley)
Another reflection that refers to the differences between the stage of passion and the stage of stability in love relationships.
54. Romantic Love is an Addiction (Helen Fisher)
The chemistry of love can create processes similar to that of addiction to forbidden substances.
55. I am a better person when I allow myself time for romance (Diane Kruger)
Human beings do not live by work alone. When we allow ourselves to have romantic adventures, we are much happier.
56. Love comes without being seen; we can only see it as it leaves (Henry Austin Dobston)
We only realize what we had when that person decides to leave. Sad but true.
57. If your heart is a volcano, how do you expect flowers to grow in it? (Khalil Gibran)
Only a heart open to the outside can be reciprocated.
58. Love’s first duty is to listen (Paul Tillich)
Knowing how to listen and having patience are virtues that your partner will surely value.
59. There is only one kind of love, but there are a thousand imitations (François de la Rochefoucauld)
Bad imitations are not true loves.
60. A life without love is like a tree without flowers or fruit (Khalil Gibran)
Love is what makes our existence shine.
61. There are no limits to the power of love (John Morton)
Love crosses borders and unsuspected boundaries.
62. Self-love is the source of all kinds of love (Pierre Corneille)
A sentence about self-esteem and how it allows us to love other human beings.
63. Love is a flower you must let grow (John Lennon)
The Beatles’ guitarist, in a beautiful metaphor.
64. There is more pleasure in loving than in being loved (John Fuller)
Give or receive? Both attitudes can be pleasurable.
65. Love is what you have gone through with someone (James Thuber)
The little stories and anecdotes in common are the basis of love.
66. The best proof of love is trust (Joyce Brothers)
The greatest sign of love, that someone trusts you blindly.
67. People project what they love (Jacques Cousteau)
The French marine biologist gives us this beautiful reflection.
68. The Crime of Love is Oblivion (Maurice Chevalier)
A sentence to think about.
69. Love dies only when its growth stops (Pearl S. Buck)
Once the feeling stabilizes, everything falls apart.
70. First love is much naivety and a little curiosity (George Bernard Shaw)
We all remember fondly our first love affair.
71. We love because that is the only great adventure (Nikki Giovanni)
All the great ventures in life are little compared to having a romantic adventure with someone special.
72. The more one judges, the less one loves (Honoré de Balzac)
Don’t judge, just feel it.
73. Love is a great beautifying (Louisa May Alcott)
When we love someone, everything about that person seems praiseworthy .
74. He who loves, raves (Lord Byron)
Indeed, love is capable of transporting us to a plane where reality is very different.
75. Love is the poetry of the senses (Honoré de Balzac)
A reflection full of creativity.
76. Love is an endless act of forgiveness, a tender look that becomes a habit (Peter Ustinov)
When we are in love we forgive all the mistakes of the loved one.
77. In the smallest hut there is a corner for the loving and happy couple (Friedrich Schiller)
In spite of the difficulties, couples who love each other will manage to find happiness.
78. Who, being loved, is poor? (Oscar Wilde)
The greatest wealth, feeling loved by others.
79. It is not a lover who does not love forever (Euripides)
Great feelings are immune to the passage of time.
80. Does one have to have a reason to love? (Brigitte Bardot)
As is well known, love does not need rational justification.
81. When love is not madness, it is not love (Pedro Calderón de la Barca)
There’s always a point of madness in any great relationship.
82. The main magic of love is our ignorance that one day it may end (Benjamin Disraeli)
When we’re in a relationship we think it’s gonna be forever. But…
83. If you have reason to love a person, then you don’t love them (Slavoj Zizek)
About the irrationality of love.A phrase from the Slovenian philosopher Zizek.
84. Poison is momentary, love is lasting (John Wooden)
A great line from the American coach.
85. Love is the only kind of gold (Alfred Lord Tennyson)
Forget about material wealth and dare to be happy.
86. Fortune and love favour the brave (Ovid)
He who does not risk gets nothing, neither in life nor in personal relationships.
87. Love conquers all (Virgil)
Nothing can stand against this great feeling.
88. We can only learn to love by loving (Iris Murdoch)
No one is born taught.
89. Love Prefers Twilight to Daylight (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
It is precisely in the intimacy of darkness that the great passions usually manifest themselves.
90. The intimate reality of love can only be recognized by love itself (Hans Urs von Balthasar)
A tautology that makes us think.
91. Love is supreme and unconditional, attraction is pleasant but limited (Duke Ellington)
A comparison between physical attraction and true love.
92. There’s never enough “I love you” (Lenny Bruce)
A short but endearing reflection by the great comedian Lenny Bruce.
93. Love is a hole in the heart (Ben Hecht)
Love hurts, so much so that sometimes we wish we hadn’t lived it.
94. Gestures, in love, are incomparably more attractive, effective and valuable than words (François Rabelais)
Tenderness and gestures in everyday life are a way of saying I love you.
95. Love is a game where two can play at winning both (Eva Gabor)
Everybody wins, everybody loves. In love no one loses.
96. Choose Your Love, Love Your Choice (Thomas S. Monson)
Commitment to the person you love is also part of success.
97. Love is the difficult discovery that something other than oneself is real (Iris Murdoch)
Finding tenderness in another human being, one of life’s pleasures.
98. Bitterness locks up life, love sets it free (Harry Emerson Fosdick)
If you want life to smile on you, it’s a good idea to be open to the possibility of falling in love.
99. The ear is the avenue to the heart (Voltaire)
The sight attracts us to someone, but his words make us fall in love (…or not) .
100. Love is space and time measured by the heart (Marcel Proust)
The laws of physics collapse when we feel a great feeling of love.