Today we have a compilation of Chinese proverbs s about life and death as well as proverbs of the same type.
China, which is the most populous country in the world with more than 1.5 billion people, has a millennial history. The Asian nation can boast of having been the cradle of great thinkers, writers and philosophers.
- You may be interested in: “15 Russian proverbs and sayings”
Chinese sayings on Asian life and philosophy
In this selection of Chinese sayings and proverbs we will try to offer you a wide vision about some of the customs and ways of seeing life in this area of the planet.
1. “He who is not careful when he is young shall be in vain when he grows old.
The action always has a reward, even if sometimes we don’t achieve the objectives.
2. “To idle youth, to laborious old age”.
If you don’t work hard during your youth, you can run into a lot of problems later in life…
3. “A gift as insignificant as a goose feather sent from afar makes a lot of sense.
How would you interpret this proverb?
4. “A modest gift that contains great affection”.
Sometimes the humblest gifts are the most appreciated.
5. “A storm can suddenly break out in clear skies.
Don’t trust the apparent calm.
6. “Something unforeseen may happen from one moment to the next”.
Another saying that underlines the idea of unpredictability in life.
7. “To light, dark and cloudy days”.
Another phrase that you can interpret in different ways.
8. “The net of justice stretched by the heavens is omnipresent, and its meshes, though thin, let no one escape.
The trust in God to impart justice is reflected in this saying.
9. “Justice has a long arm”.
Where the eyes can’t reach, the rationality of the judicial system can.
10. “An iron hammer, by dint of being sharp, can become a needle.
We can slowly polish our skills.
11. “Little by little the old lady spins the flake.”
In the same sense as above.
12. “Sometimes good swimmers drown, and the best riders fall off their horses.
Even if you are very good at something, no one can guarantee success in every action you take.
13. “Long for something long enough, and you won’t want it anymore.”
Time also heals us of superficial longings.
14. “He whom we love has no faults; if we hated him, he would lack virtue.”
It all depends on the crystal we look at reality with.
15. “When the finger points to the moon the asshole looks at the finger.”
Don’t get lost in the details when it’s not strictly necessary.
16. “Without tigers in the bush, the monkey is king.”
When no one stands out, someone mediocre can become the leader.
17.”Water floats the boat, but it can also sink it.”
Beware of the elements, they are not one-sided. Good and bad are relative concepts.
18. “Not even four galloping horses can get back the pawned word.
Honor is an essential value for the Chinese.
19. “Better to walk with those you love than to rest with those you hate”.
A proverb that we can apply to our daily lives.
20. “Confidence in life is found when the spirit is deeply calm.
Peace of mind gives us the best tools to be happy.
21. “A house without love is like a fireplace without a fire, a house without the voice of a child is like a garden without flowers, the mouth of the beloved woman without the smile is like a lamp without light.
A beautiful saying full of positive energy.
22. “He who loves more spends more; he who accumulates much loses much”.
Thriftiness can be a double-edged sword.
23. “True friends meet in adversity.
True friendship does not only manifest itself when everything goes smoothly.
24. “On the long road and in a narrow bed, friends meet.
Another saying in the same sense as the previous one.
25. “The sane man in the head of another man is a scorner.”
So far the distribution of wisdom from China . We hope that you have liked these Chinese sayings and that you will find them valuable to apply to your daily life.