If there is one thing that life has, it is that it is full of changes . Change is a constant in every person’s existence, and yet we are very afraid of it. Change implies getting out of one’s comfort zone, and that is why it is often difficult to adapt to the new situation.
If you are looking for change phrases to understand the dynamics of life, you have come to the right place.
Famous phrases about change
In today’s article we will learn several phrases of change to give a new meaning to life . Because change is inevitable, the best we can do is adapt to the new context with our best positive spirit.
Shall we start?
1. When you cannot achieve what you want, it is better to change your attitude. (Terencio)
Great line of change from the Latin poet and comedian.
2. The difference between a slave and a citizen is that the citizen can ask himself about his life and change it. (Alejandro Gandara)
Change, which is inherent in free life.
3. If there is something we want to change in the children, we should first examine it and see if it is not something that might be better changed in ourselves. (Carl Gustav Jung)
On the education and moral weight of adults.
- We recommend: “80 sentences of Jung to rethink your existence”
4. Change? When the hills do. (Emily Dickinson)
Refusing to change is sometimes the only way to stand firm.
5. If we want everything to stay the way it is, everything has to change. (Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa)
Brutal paradox of the Italian writer.
6. Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: “If today was the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m going to do today? If the answer is “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. (Steve Jobs)
The technological and entrepreneurial guru had it very clear: we must change everything that does not make us happy.
7. Nothing that was ever is again, and things and men and children are not what they once were. (Ernesto Sábato)
Nothing remains, as Heraclitus would say.
8. When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. (Viktor Frankl)
The great German psychologist, about resilience.
9. Everyone thinks about changing the world, but no one thinks about changing himself. (Alexei Tolstoy)
Change should start with our own habits.
10. Everything changes; nothing is. (Heraclitus)
One of the most talked-about and celebrated phrases about change.
- Recommended: “Heraclitus’s 35 Most Famous Quotes”
11. Things don’t change; we change. (Henry David Thoreau)
An interesting philosophical view on our perception of reality.
- Learn more: “Henry David Thoreau’s Top 20 Famous Quotes”
12. Why should we fear change? All life is change. Why should we fear it? (George Herbert)
Great reflection of this English writer and religious.
13. People change when they realize the potential they have to change things. (Paulo Coelho)
Empowering ourselves in the face of life gives us the tools to change the world.
14. I wanted to change the world. But I’ve discovered that the only thing you can be sure of changing is yourself. (Aldous Huxley)
Famous phrase of the quintessential dystopian writer (with permission of George Orwell.
15. I never believed that we could transform the world, but I believe that every day things can be transformed. (Françoise Giroud)
The French writer thus explains the power of constancy.
16. No one can be a slave to his or her identity: when a possibility of change arises, one must change. (Elliot Gould)
Unforgettable phrase about personal development.
17. The absurd man is the one who never changes. (Georges Clemenceau)
Ignorant people always remain unwavering, unyielding.
18. No one bathes in the river twice because everything changes in the river and in the one he bathes in. (Heraclitus)
Perhaps the most studied and commented on allegory of permanent change.
19. Although I’m convinced that nothing changes, it’s important for me to act like I don’t know. (Leonard Cohen)
The self-deception of this phenomenal singer-songwriter.
20. Change is the only thing that is immutable. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
The German philosopher was clear about this: everything is silent, constantly.
21. To improve is to change; so to be perfect you must have changed often. (Winston Churchill)
Another sentence of change for personal development.
22. When circumstances change, I change my mind. What do you do? (John Maynard Keynes)
It’s the logical and smart thing to do. Famous quote from the British economist.
23. It is change, continuous change, inevitable change, the dominant factor in today’s society. (Isaac Asimov)
The American writer, describing the possibilities that are opening up before us.
24. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. (Maya Angelou)
Sometimes change has to start with oneself.
25. Some changes seem negative on the surface, but you will realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge. (Eckhart Tolle)
Good habits are sometimes difficult to carry out, but they have very positive consequences for our lives.
26. You must be the change you wish to see in the world. (Mahatma Gandhi)
One of the most famous phrases of change, pronounced by the great Indian pacifist leader.
27. Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Do not resist them, that only creates pain. Let reality be reality, let things flow naturally forward in the way you like. (Lao Tzu)
Like a waterfall, we must enjoy the water and let it flow freely.
28. Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. (George Bernard Shaw)
On progress and changing the attitude of citizens.
29. To improve is to change; to be perfect means to change often. (Winston Churchill)
Great reflection to aspire to be better day after day.
30. They always say that time changes things, but you really have to change them yourself. (Andy Warhol)
Another phrase that speaks to us about the capacity that each person has to influence his or her reality.