Feeling good about yourself influences the way we relate to others and our self-esteem. This simple idea has been expressed many times throughout history, as can be seen by reviewing several of the most inspiring self-love phrases pronounced or written by influential thinkers that have come down to us today.
A selection of self-love phrases
Below we will look at several self-esteem phrases that are very useful for becoming aware of the importance of self-esteem .
1. You are always with yourself, so you better enjoy the company (Diane Von Furstenberg)
Very few people seek these moments, most fear them.
2. Self-esteem has very little to do with how you feel about your appearance. It’s about accepting everything about yourself (Tyra Banks)
A self-loving phrase that helps to value the acceptance of bodily perception and not the demands of others.
3. The worst loneliness is not feeling comfortable with yourself (Mark Twain)
About the discomfort of knowing that even you can’t cope.
4. Loving oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance (Oscar Wilde)
A relationship that will improve your quality of life.
5. Love is a miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives (Louise L. Hay)
An experience that returns our appreciation for ourselves .
6. What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
What is important is our perspective on the experience.
7. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval (Mark Twain)
It’s the most important one of all.
8. The person who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone (Ayn Rand)
It all starts with yourself.
9. Too many people overestimate what they are not and underestimate what they are (Malcolm S. Forbes)
This reflection can help us to review our priorities linked to personal development.
10. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are (Marilyn Monroe)
It’s not appreciating what you already have, despising you.
11. The best thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself (Michel de Montaigne)
We must not allow ourselves to be conquered by the demands of the environment in which we live.
12. I prefer to be honest with myself, even at the risk of making a fool of myself in front of others, rather than being false, and incurring my own abhorrence (Frederick Douglass)
This self-love phrase brings us closer to practicing spontaneity.
13. Be faithful to what is inside you (André Gide)
It responds to your desires and needs.
14. It’s never too late to be what you could have been (George Eliot)
You can always start over
15. You yourself, as much as any other being in the entire universe, deserve your own love and affection (Buddha)
We can all reach that state.
16. The most frightening thing is to accept oneself, completely (C. G. Jung)
Knowing ourselves deeply entails the risk of encountering something unpleasant, but it’s worth it.
17. Until you value yourself, you don’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will do nothing with it. (M. Scott Peck)
About the value and esteem we give each other.
18. Self-love is the source of all love (Pierre Corneille)
If we learn to love ourselves, we’ll know how to love others.
19. If we did not love ourselves at all, we could never love anything. Self-love is the basis of all love (Thomas Traherne)
It’s the first thing we must cultivate.
20. If you have the capacity to love, love yourself first (Charles Bukowski)
Another piece of advice that encourages us to appreciate each other .
21. To own our stories and love ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we will ever do (Brené Brown)
This phrase of self-love, rescues the value as a quality of a person who is esteemed.
22. Love should not be regarded as blind, but as self-love (Voltaire)
A real, conscientious friend.
23. Freeing yourself from your own self-criticism is also freeing others from it. Loving yourself is an act of love for the world (Vironika Tugaleva)
…always with the goal of transcending.
24. Celebrate who you are in the depths of your heart. Love yourself and the world will love you (Amy Leigh Mercree)
Enjoy the experience of loving you.
25. We cannot be so desperate to receive love that we forget where we always find it; inside (Alexandra Elle)
It all depends on one’s own attitudes and decisions.
26. Go to your own thing and don’t worry if others like it (Tina Fey)
On originality and inviduality.
27. As I began to love myself, I stopped longing for a different life, and I could see that everything around me was inviting me to grow. Today I call it “maturity” (Charlie Chaplin)
Always looking for personal improvement.
28. If you are unhappy with your appearance, you need to ask yourself how much self-esteem you have (Tyrese Gibson)
And that may be the end of your anguish.
29. Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends (Aberjhani)
The best thing is to deliver the best of our care.
30. I am in love with the art of knowing myself (Minaa B)
Loving oneself is a pleasant experience.
31. The only person who can get me down is myself, and I’m not going to let it get me down anymore ( C. JoyBell C )
A promise for the benefit of our well-being .
32. All love begins with love within (Vironika Tugaleva)
About how we learn to love.
33. You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try to accept yourself and see what happens (Louise L. Hay)
Analyzing the events that happen is fundamental to get to know us well.
34. Make a promise to yourself at this time: declare that you are worthy of your time and energy (Deborah Day)
Create situations that favour your personal development.
35. I think the prize of conformity is that everyone loves you, except for yourself (Mae Brown)
An ingenious phrase of self-love that draws attention to the paradoxical nature of the human mind.
36. Attend to yourself as you attend to your flowers. Be kind, careful, stay vibrant and bloom without shame (Minaa B)
Offer your best qualities.
37. Jealousy has more of a self-esteem than a love (Francois de La Rochefoucauld)
About jealousy and what it entails.
38. Love yourself and feel satisfied with the incredible life you are creating (Amy Leigh Mercree)
Be satisfied with your fruits.
39. When a woman becomes your best friend, life is easier (Diane Von Furstenberg)
This solves many needs.
40. There is no limit or barrier in the heart of a person who loves himself or others (Shannon L. Alder)
…since he can easily put himself in the other’s shoes.
41. Our first and last love is self-love (Christian Nestell)
For Nestell, self-respect is fundamental to experiencing a proper emotional life.
42. We often suppose that we suffer from ingratitude, while in reality we suffer from self-love (Walter Savage Landor)
Sometimes we can get confused when we lack something.
43. The most important relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself (Steve Maraboli)
She’ll bring you closer to your happiness.
44. Your self-esteem, healthy, is sexy (Amy Leigh Mercree)
This will create situations where you will take better care of yourself.
45. A person learns to love himself through simple acts of loving and being loved by another person (Haruki Murakami)
…like when you learn something by constant practice.
46. In your life it is important that you know how spectacular you are (Steve Maraboli)
So that nothing distracts you and makes you feel vulnerable, it is important that you respect yourself .
47. A well-ordered self-love is just and natural (Thomas Aquinas)
This phrase of self-love by St. Thomas Aquinas, reveals the qualities of good self-esteem.
48. Self-love is the elixir of an immortal heart (Amy Leigh Mercree)
From a strengthened heart that has much to give.
49. Not only do self-love and love for others go hand in hand, but ultimately they are indistinguishable (M. Scott Peck)
They become one person.
50. Loving oneself is the most primary of all survival mechanisms (Karen Hackel)
Which will save us in times of distress.
51. Don’t sacrifice too much, because if you sacrifice too much there is nothing else you can give and no one will care about you (Karl Lagerfeld)
We must take care of our resources, not exhaust them in the first outburst.
52. If you do not love yourself, you will not be happy with yourself. If you cannot love yourself, you cannot love anyone else (Kemi Sogunle)
It is the main basis for giving or receiving affection.
53. True love begins when you accept yourself in your totality. Then, and only then, can you fully love another person (Amy Leigh Mercree)
When you know what you really have to offer, everything gets better.
54. Love your neighbor, yes. But love yourself first (Solange Nicole)
No one knows one’s needs as well as one’s self.
55. Accept your weirdness Some will worship you Others won’t. But who cares? Worry about loving yourself, not loving the idea of other people loving you (Karen Salmansohn)
It is very difficult for everyone else to love us, but it is more difficult and sadder to fail in that wait.
56. When you love yourself, you make better decisions (Minaa B)
The best decisions are made with your own basic needs in mind.
57. You will never know who you are unless you get rid of who you pretend to be (Vironika Tugaleva)
58. I am more than my scars (Andrew Davidson)
You’re more than any adverse situation.
59. Your task is not to seek love, but to seek and find all the barriers within you that you have built against it (Rumi)
…which doesn’t allow you to be happy.
60. When you stop living your life based on what others think of you, real life begins (Shannon L. Alder)
A full life with many things to learn is based on self-esteem.
61. One of the biggest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, instead of being yourself (Shannon L. Alder)
Not having fought in your goals has a price.
62. Your time is too valuable to waste on people who cannot accept what you are (Turcois Ominek)
People who accept you as you are bring valuable moments to your life.
63. Today, I love myself enough to not only make a promise to myself, but I love myself enough to keep that promise (Steve Maraboli)
To make things happen.
64. How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you (Rupi Kaur)
Because only you can teach others how to do it.
65. Doubt not thyself, for that are they that hate (Turcois Ominek)
Don’t become your own enemy.
66. We are in our most powerful moment when we no longer need to be powerful (Eric Micha’el Leventhal)
At that moment when we already feel the need to prove anything to others.
67. Allow yourself to enjoy every happy moment in your life (Steve Maraboli)
Don’t hide behind childish excuses.