Throughout the day it is inevitable to have to carry out different tasks and obligations. On many occasions we face them by letting ourselves be carried away by negative emotions, thus generating that we adopt a pessimistic, complaining, apathetic attitude…
However, the problem does not lie in the tasks or obligations that we have to face, but in the negative emotions with which we sometimes start the day for different reasons; delaying the alarm clock, not having time to enjoy a nice shower or prepare a complete and energizing breakfast, rushing around the rest of the day…
These and many other reasons affect our productivity, personal energy, and interpersonal relationships. Depending on how you start your day , it is easy to know how the rest of the day will go.
How to start the day right?
There are numerous studies that indicate that the most successful, happy and productive people have good habits to start the day. That is, they practice different healthy rituals every morning. These rituals shape the attitude with which they will face the next 12 hours .
If you want to face the day with positive energy and after finishing the day thinking “it was a great day”, read on because below I propose healthy habits to start the day with positive energy and vitality .
1. Waking up early without putting off the alarm clock
Waking up early just when the alarm clock rings allows time to start the day with a peaceful start and to be able to breathe deeply while filling yourself with energy, preparing a full breakfast and enjoying every sip and bite.
It also allows you to sort out your thoughts and your day and to choose carefully the clothes that will make you feel good, for example. In short, it makes it possible for us to adopt a safer and more confident attitude that will accompany us the rest of the day. Waking up without putting off your alarm clock will allow you to fulfill your obligations at the set time without having to put them off.
2. Drink water
The first thing we have to do when we get up is to drink water, because this activates the organism, helps to eliminate the toxins from the previous day and puts our digestive system into action, which is closely related to our emotional state.
Another option is to drink water with lemon on an empty stomach, as provides the following benefits :
- It helps digestion.
- It cleans the urinary tract.
- It stimulates the immune system because the ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) found in the lemon has anti-inflammatory effects and also helps the body to better absorb the iron.
- It cleanses the skin.
- It gives energy and improves mood.
- Moisturizes the lymphatic system.
3. Do not consult social networks – e-mail – television
Consulting your mobile phone or computer to check social networks or email, or watching TV just after waking up directly interferes with your emotional state, as well as being a time thief. It is advisable to connect to the outside through devices one hour after waking up .
4. Stretch back and legs
It is important to stretch the back and legs with gentle and simple exercises, as promotes and stimulates circulation and relaxes the muscles.
5. Breathing in and out
Another healthy habit is taking three deep breaths in and out of the window, terrace or balcony . In this way, apart from feeling that we are alive and connected to the outside, we will feel the following benefits;
- Increases blood oxygenation.
- It improves digestion, since the stomach receives more oxygen and the functioning of the stomach is more efficient.
- It promotes mental and physical relaxation.
- Increases the elasticity of the lungs and chest.
6. Thinking and affirming positive phrases
Think and affirm phrases like “I am capable”, “I am going to make it”, “today is a fantastic day” or “today is a new opportunity and I am going to take advantage of it”. There are studies that show that we generate 50,000 thoughts during the day; most of them we are not aware of, but our emotional state does and it gets worse . It is very healthy to start the day generating positive thoughts, as they have an impact on the emotions and these on the attitude.
7. Healthy breakfast with energy foods
To face the day with vitality at breakfast you can’t miss :
- Eggs: provide vitamin B and D, they are a good breakfast food.
- Nuts: rich in protein and healthy fats.
- Whole grains: are satiety and provide sustainable energy
- Fruit: improves the mood and provides a wide variety of vitamins.
- Sunflower seeds: fortify the bones and relax the muscles.
With these simple healthy rituals you can start the day with positive energy and vitality and, in the course of the day, become a more successful, happy and productive person.