Friendship is a beautiful relationship between two people where both decide to support each other without asking anything in return.
Friendship is without a doubt one of the most beautiful relationships we can have throughout our lives . Thanks to our friendships we can enjoy our lives much more and even reach goals we didn’t think possible before, sharing moments and hobbies.
Great proverbs about friendship
Valuing our friends and what they do for us is something that we should all do, that is why we have made a selection of the 75 proverbs about friendship that can make us reflect more , so that we can all have a wider vision of this fantastic relationship between people.
1. He who joins wise men becomes wise; he who joins fools ends up badly.
Knowing how to surround ourselves with the right people is something we must learn in our lives.
2. The wicked one provokes strife, and the gossiping one divides good friends.
There are many types of toxic people that cloud people’s friendships.
3. Forgiveness restores friendship, resentment ends it.
When we hold a grudge against a friend, we can never regain the friendship we once had.
4. A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for times of trouble.
Our friends and loved ones will be the ones who will support us in the most difficult moments.
5. Riches increase the number of friends, but even the poor are abandoned by their friends.
When we go through a good economic time, friends out of interest go out everywhere. But when we run into difficulties, they run away terrified.
6. Do not frequent your friend’s house; lest you annoy him and he comes to hate you.
We must know how to give space to our friendships, we must not be too dependent.
7. Faithful are the wounds of the friend, But deceitful to the kisses of the enemy.
Knowing the difference between a friend and an enemy can sometimes be a little confusing, but only then will we really know who to trust.
8. Don’t abandon your friend or your father’s friend. Don’t go to your brother’s house when you have a problem. It’s better to be a close neighbor than a distant brother.
The closest friendships are those that can help us the most in a time of need.
9. To sharpen the iron, the file; to be a better person, the friend.
Our friendships make us a better person than we were.
10. He who in the morning blesses his friend out loud, shall be told by curse.
We should always talk positively about our friendships, because we owe them the person we are today.
11. To gladden the heart, good perfumes; to sweeten the soul, a piece of advice from friends.
The advice that our real friends can give us is only in response to their desire to improve our lives.
12. Trusting someone who is unstable in times of distress is like chewing with a broken tooth or walking with a lame foot.
Those people who have shown themselves to be untrustworthy when conditions were not optimal should not be held in high esteem.
13. Do not befriend irritable people, nor join with those who lose their temper easily, for you will learn to be like them and you will endanger your soul.
We must know how to surround ourselves with people who help us improve as individuals, not relate to people who make our personal attributes worse.
14. There are friends who lead to ruin, and there are friends more faithful than a brother.
Friendships can be very different from each other, it just depends on us how we value them.
15. Forgiveness restores friendship, resentment ends it.
When we feel resentment towards someone we cannot have any feeling of friendship towards him or her.
16. Even the poor are hated by their friends, but many love the rich.
Friendships that are forged out of interest are bound to fail in hard times.
17. On the path of friendship, don’t let the grass grow.
We must look after our friendships and show them that we are there for them.
18. In good fortune you should never go to see a friend without being invited, and in bad fortune you should go without being asked.
We must not take advantage of our friends and instead we must help them when they need it.
19. Among soldiers as among friends, compliments are unnecessary.
With our closest friends we can show ourselves as we really are.
20. Friendship is enhanced by visiting friends. But by visiting them rarely.
We must give our friends the space they need and only claim their attention at specific times.
21. Do not hide from your friend what the enemy knows.
Knowing how to trust our friends can be essential, as they can help us overcome many setbacks.
22. Let your friendship not be like a stone, for if it is broken, the pieces cannot be joined together; but let it be like a silk thread, for if it is too strained, you can always add more to strengthen it.
We must take care of our friends and give them the time they need to become stronger in time.
23. All those who smile at you are not your friends.
Those people who want to show themselves in a more pleasant way with us may not have good intentions.
24. If your friend is made of honey, don’t eat the whole thing.
Even if our friends are very good to us, we should not abuse their generosity.
25. If you want to meet your friend, lie down by the side of the road and pretend to be drunk.
Real friends show their appreciation in the most embarrassing moments.
26. Let your friendship be like the relationship between the mouth and the hand: when the hand is in pain, the mouth blows on it; and when the mouth is in pain, it is the hand that rubs on it.
We must support our friends, be the shoulder to help them rise in the battle of life.
27. The eye and the friend, the slightest thing is enough to hurt them.
Taking care of our friendships takes time, effort and dedication. But it is definitely worth it.
28. One should not rinse the cup of friendship with vinegar.
We must not do anything to spoil a true friendship, for they are hard to find in these times.
29. Friends and books, have few but good ones.
We must know how to choose our friendships and only keep those that are really worthwhile.
30. Good accounts, they keep friendships.
Being honest with our friends will help us maintain a true friendship.
31. Friendships that are true keep the doors open.
When a friendship is genuine, time or distance cannot end it.
32. To the friend who’s in trouble, not tomorrow, but now.
We must be there to help our friends when they need it, for they depend on us.
33. Loyal, outspoken friend, white-eye.
Real friends are very rare to find, we must value them when they come to us.
34. Life without friends, death without witnesses.
Lacking friendships will make our life much sadder and gloomier.
35. Bad weather brings good with it: flies and false friends flee.
Friends who aren’t real run away in bad times and that’s our chance to get rid of them.
36. You will always go to a rich friend’s house, and to the house of the needy you will go without being called.
We must not take advantage of our friendships even if they have more resources than we do, and we must on the other hand help those who need our help.
37. Friend is not the one who cleans your tears, he is the one who prevents you from spilling a single one.
Our friends will do their best to make our lives fuller and happier.
38. The friend and the horse, don’t tire him out.
We must not harass our friends, we must leave them air and space to breathe.
39. To the feasts of friends he goes slowly, but to his misfortunes quickly.
Being there when our friends need us will show them the appreciation we have for them.
40. Friendship does what blood doesn’t do.
Our friends may be the ones who help us the most on our journey through life, sometimes even more so than our families.
41. A friend is one who arrives when everyone else has left.
The real friend will support us even when no one else will.
42. Friend without money, that’s what I want; what money without a friend, not worth a fig.
We should select our friendships for their personal value, not for their economic wealth.
43. Friend in adversity, true friend.
The real friend proves his worth in hard times.
44. Son-in-law’s friendship, sunshine in winter.
Friendships between in-laws and sons-in-law are very rare but also very beautiful. This is one of the most curious proverbs about friendship.
45. Before you ask a friend for money, think carefully about which of the two things you need most.
Friendships are much more valuable than just money, as they can be invaluable.
46. True friend, it’s not against your honor or your money.
Real friends want to help their fellow men, they will not attempt against their objectives.
47. From the enemy you will be free, but from the bad friend you will never be free.
From an enemy we can know how to guard ourselves, but false friends are much harder to discover.
48. Strong friendship, reaches beyond death.
True friendships can last beyond time.
49. Change your pleasures, but don’t change your friends.
Knowing how to adapt to our life and the moment we find ourselves does not have to separate us from our friendships.
50. A good friend and partner is one who doesn’t ask us for money.
Friendship and money are two different things that don’t have to get mixed up.
51. The old friend is the best mirror.
Our friendships largely dictate who we are, tell me who you hang out with and I’ll tell you who you are.
52. A hundred friends are few; and one enemy is many.
Friendships are never enough, but enemies are unnecessary.
53. The friend is like money, which before you need it you know how much it is worth.
Real friends will be with us in the most difficult moments without us asking them.
54. When you go to get married, send your friends somewhere else.
Friends and love relationships often clash in many and varied ways, as both want the best for us but in different ways.
55. The one who lacks friends is because he doesn’t deserve them.
The person who lacks friends is usually representative of the person who possesses certain qualities that make them lose them.
56. To give friendship to one who wants to love is like giving bread to one who is thirsty.
Friendship and thirst are two different relationships which need different care for their proper functioning.
57. The victorious one has many friends; the defeated one has good friends.
In defeat only our true friends will remain with us.
58. The good friend must be like blood, which goes to the wound without waiting to be called.
True friends will come to our aid without our warning.
59. If you can’t find friends, there’s a reason, I say.
When we are unable to maintain friendships, it may be because of our own attitude towards them.
60. A man’s heart is measured by the seniority of his friends.
He who is able to keep friendships for a long time shows himself to be worthy of admiration even by the people who know him best.
61. In danger you know your friend.
In difficult situations real friends come out to support us.
62. Misfortune puts friends to the test and uncovers enemies.
When things get complicated is when we see the true faces of those around us.
63. In school, prison, or war, friends meet.
We can find our friends in all moments of life, in the sweet and in the bitter.
64. The dog is man’s best friend.
Our hairiest friends show us their love and unconditional loyalty without even saying a word.
65. In great need you meet your true friend.
When we are really in trouble is when true friends reveal themselves as such.
66. He who has a friend has a treasure.
A friendship can be more valuable than any material treasure.
67. In life we do not lose friends, we only discover who the real ones are.
Throughout our lives only true friends will remain in our lives.
68. My friend I love for what I expect from him.
A phrase that tells us about friends out of interest, who only seek us out when they have needs to cover.
69. It’s easier to forgive an enemy than a friend.
The enemy may be forgiven, but the treacherous friend will be lost forever.
70. Running out of money, friendship is over.
When hardship starts, fake friends go back to where they came from.
71. True friends are those who are proven in deeds.
Actions tell us who our friends are, not just words.
72. Mouthpiece friendship, not worth a match.
He who does not show his friendship with actions should not be valued unduly.
73. The fake friend, take the scaffold.
A phrase that encourages us to get rid of friends who have proven to be untrustworthy. One of the proverbs of false friendship that we must listen to carefully.
74. With friends like that, why do I want enemies?
False friends who act negatively behind our backs are worse than any sworn enemy.
75. To the reconciled friend, with one eye open and the other closed.
When we decide to forgive a friend we must be careful with him until he proves himself worthy of trust.