The loss of a loved one is something we all have a hard time dealing with . Whether it is a friend or a family member, the feelings it causes can be very painful indeed.
Finding those words of condolence for those around us is a task that can be difficult, it is a situation where feelings come to the surface and we must be sensitive as well as polite.
If you don’t have the words for this hard time, below you can find 75 sentences of condolence to give encouragement after a loss which can serve as an example.
My deepest condolences to you and your family. May God give you the peace you seek.
A phrase that can convey our feelings very well in a case like this.
2. May my condolences bring you comfort and may my prayers lighten your pain for this loss.
Sharing the loss is something we all do in these painful moments.
3. There are no words to describe how sorry I am for your loss.
In such difficult times it can be very hard to find the right words to express ourselves.
4. I offer you my thoughts, prayers and good wishes during this dark time in your life.
Supporting the families of our loved ones is an obligation that we must fulfil, morally it is indispensable.
5. May our flowers and prayers reach our beloved one who has left us so soon.
Giving flowers in these cases is a common thing that can help comfort such a loss.
6. I am at your family’s disposal; today and forever.
Offering our help for any need is something that can comfort those close to our friend or family member who has already left.
7. I’ll always be here when you need me. May his soul rest in peace.
We will never forget that person who meant so much in our lives.
8. I wish you healing and peace. My condolences.
Our best wishes are something we should always give in these cases.
9. Let your memories flood your mind, bring warmth to your heart and guide you forward.
The memories we share with that person will always be with us.
10. After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, we have to hold on to the happy memories we have shared with our loved ones who have already left. This is what keeps them alive in our minds and hearts. My condolences.
This moving phrase can be a very good farewell for that person who is no longer with us.
11. I’m so sorry for your loss, my friend. You have always been there for me throughout my life and I wanted to let you know that I, too, will always be there for you.
Our friends may need a lot from us in these difficult times.
12. He may have escaped our sight, but never from our hearts.
We will always have a place in our heart for that person who was part of our life.
13. Until recently I didn’t know that your relative had passed away. While I know that mere words cannot comfort you, I want to let you know that I am here for you, if you need anything. I’ll be in touch with you.
A very sincere phrase that can be used very well as a message to a friend who has suffered a recent loss.
14. Our heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families. We pray that the good Lord will care for the souls of those who were left desolate after the tragic incident.
Consecrating ourselves in our pain with the Lord can be something that gives us much interior peace at this time.
15. I don’t know how I can help you heal your pain, but I’d like to know. I need you to know that you are in my prayers and that I wish you well.
We must inform ourselves of the state of mind of our loved ones in order to help them in what they really need.
16. I can’t imagine how you may be feeling right now, but I’m calling to let you know that I’m just a phone call away for whatever you need. My deepest condolences.
We must always be on the lookout for anything our friends or family may need at such a tragic time.
17. Today and always, may the memories of love bring you peace, comfort and strength.
A simple phrase but one that holds great respect and affection for the one who communicates it.
18. I’m so sorry for your loss. I would like to invite you to dinner and talk about all the good times we had with this person.
Devoting our time to those who have suffered most from such loss can be very comforting to them.
19. It is terrible to hear about your loss and I want to offer my deepest condolences to you and your family. I will include your family member’s name in my thoughts and prayers.
Praying for those who have passed away is something we must all do, they live on in our memories.
20. My heart is with you in times of loss.
Our feelings can try to ease the burden of our friends or family who have suffered a loss.
21. I am very sad to hear of your loss.
A very sincere sentence that says without any hesitation what we think of this complicated situation.
22. A prayer, a flower, a candle and sad tears of pain on your grave. My condolences.
A very nice phrase to dedicate to that person who has already passed away and his loved ones.
23. Our souls are in great pain to hear of the very premature and unjust loss of this person. We knew, appreciated and admired him. He will forever remain in our memories. My deepest condolences.
When we lose someone with whom we have shared many moments, our memories with him or her will always remain with us.
24. May God bless and give peace to you and your family during this time of mourning. Please accept my sincere condolences.
Asking for God’s benevolence in such difficult times is something we must all do.
25. It’s very hard to hear about your loss. I offer my deepest condolences to you and your family. May God bring you the comfort you so desperately need.
A good phrase to wish sorrow in a situation as sad as the loss of a friend or family member, a very difficult time for everyone.
26. Our mother is the most valuable being on the entire face of the Earth. No one and nothing can fill the void created by her departure.
Losing a mother is one of the most difficult moments that anyone can experience, nothing will be the same without her presence. But we must stay strong and continue on our path.
27. When reason fails, pray for peace. I’ll be praying for you too.
Prayer can help us a lot in difficult times like these.
28. Despite having lost your family member physically, he or she will always be with you throughout your life. I am very sorry for your loss and offer you my sincere condolences.
Our loved ones will always be with us even if they don’t physically, their memories will live on in us.
29. My words cannot describe my feeling. I give my condolences to all the family and may God give rest to their souls.
A very sincere phrase that can help us express our feelings in these difficult times.
30. Those we love never leave, they walk beside us day by day.
Our loved ones will always remain in our hearts.
31. Those we love can never be further away than a thought away. As long as there is a memory of them, they will live forever in our hearts.
We will never forget those beautiful moments we lived with those people who are no longer with us.
32. The loss of someone close to you is never easy, try to get relief from being surrounded by people who love you and care about you. If there is anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let me know. My condolences.
The people around us are the ones who will help us the most in these situations.
33. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during these difficult times.
Accompanying with our prayers at this time is the least we can do.
34. Look to your memories for comfort, turn to your friends for strength, and always remember how much we love you.
We must take refuge in that which comforts us when we find ourselves in these difficult times.
35. Please accept my condolences, I want to let you know that I am here for you and do not hesitate to call me if you need me, especially during this difficult situation.
Our friends must know that we will be there when they need it most.
36. With a saddened heart, we pray for the eternal rest of a distinguished person whom we will always remember.
This phrase can very well describe our personal farewell to that deceased person.
37. At this difficult time in your life, I will ask God to give you the peace and serenity you need to move forward. Be strong and stay calm knowing that you will be remembered in my thoughts and prayers.
A good phrase to say goodbye to our friend or relative who is no longer with us.
38. Someone so special can’t be forgotten.
We will never forget the moments we lived with that person.
39. I think of you in these times of loss.
Our memories will always stay with us, we will remember that special person all our lives.
40. No one can prepare us for a loss. It comes like the silent wind. But take comfort in the fact that he will now be resting in the arms of our Lord. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
A very nice phrase that can be used to give our condolences in these difficult moments.
41. May your soul and heart find peace and comfort.
A simple phrase very appropriate for these moments of misfortune.
- You may be interested in: “100 phrases to give encouragement to someone who needs it”
42. I know that what you are going through is unimaginably difficult, I just wanted to let you know that I am here for you and whatever you need, and that I am deeply sorry for your loss.
In these difficult moments we must show ourselves close to those people who need our emotional help.
43. A person who leaves this Earth never truly leaves us, for he is still alive in our hearts and minds, and through us, he is still alive. Please accept my condolences.
The memory they left in us will never die and their friends or family will always watch over him or her.
44. Today is both a sad and a happy day. Sad because of the loss we have suffered, but happy because he has reached his final destiny in life and is now together with our Lord and savior. My condolences to you and your family.
When someone suffers a long illness, death may be the beginning of their rest. Emotionally it may be hard for us but he or she will always remain in our hearts.
45. Words are not enough to express the sadness I feel for the loss of your family member, but please accept my condolences. I will include your family member in my daily prayers.
It may seem to us that what we say will not help, but our friend undoubtedly needs our support at this time.
46. I am deeply saddened by the news of your loss. I pray God to give you strength. My deepest condolences.
When we discover the loss that a friend has suffered, we must be there to help him or her, and provide our support.
47. His kind face will remain with us forever. You retired quietly, just as you lived in a world of goodness and righteousness. May God watch over you in your dreams, my dear family member.
Our families deserve our unconditional love in these difficult times, we must be there to support our entire family.
48. May the sorrow your heart feels be lightened by the love of those around you.
Our love is the best we can offer to those who suffer most from this loss.
49. You and your family are and will be surrounded by love during this difficult situation. My deepest sympathy.
The support we will provide to these people will remain for a long time, the loss they have suffered deserves all our dedication.
50. My condolences to the bereaved family. My tears run for a friend. May God help his soul rest in peace.
Losing a friend is something very hard that we can all suffer or have suffered and supporting their families is a moral obligation on our part.
51. May the memories of your family member help you find the peace you need.
Our memories are the most powerful weapon we have to get through these moments in the best possible way.
52. Words cannot dry your tears and hugs cannot relieve your pain. But hold on to the memories you have, for they will prevail forever.
Remembering that person will always keep us by his side, we must not forget him.
53. I extend my deepest condolences to you and your family. May the soul of your loved one rest in peace with God our Lord.
A very correct phrase to give condolences to our friend and his family who are having such a hard time.
54. A beautiful soul, full of love and faith has ascended to heaven, far from me, but closer to God, leaving behind loneliness and sadness.
The best people are those who always leave us first. Life may seem very unfair to us, but we must be strong.
55. Although today it is difficult to see beyond your affliction, may the blessings of love be poured upon you, may peace find a dwelling in you, and may its essence illuminate your heart, today and forever.
As time goes by we will learn to live in a different way but without forgetting that person.
56. I loved him too much and now I’ve lost him. Today you are not where you were, but you will always be in our hearts. May God give your soul rest and peace.
When we lose someone we also love, it’s a very difficult time to overcome. It’s up to us to get out of the sadness that surrounds us.
57. We will never forget you. We will pray for him as he did for us. May God give him eternal rest.
This phrase is very sincere and respectful of the moment we can all live when someone we love dies.
58. May his soul rest in peace. I firmly believe that God will accept him with open arms for all the good he did while he was alive on this earth.
Taking refuge in religion is something that can help us in these difficult times.
59. A thought of comfort and condolences to the grieving family.
A somewhat brief phrase but one that can help us to give condolences to some close relatives.
60. In these moments of deep suffering, words are useless. May God help your soul to rest and may the angels always accompany you.
We will always have the comfort of our reunion with this family member when our time comes too.
61. Remember that I love you and I care about you.
A beautiful and sincere phrase to comfort the person who suffers most from this loss.
62. At this point words would be superfluous. We are with you in mind and soul, along with those privileged to have known you.
Those moments that we live with that person will always be part of us and we should be thankful for them.
63. Although there are no words that can comfort you, I want you to know that I will be here for you.
To give our unconditional support to that person, is something we should never stop remembering.
64. Prayers and fond memories are what we should remember our recently deceased loved one with. May the love of your family and friends comfort you during these difficult days. My deepest sympathy.
Our loved one will always be part of our thoughts and memories.
65. I’m very sad to hear about the loss of your family member. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Sadness is something that can overwhelm us all at this time and giving our support to those who suffer most can be a very positive thing for everyone.
66. My condolences to your family for the recent loss of your relative. I know that it is difficult to bear at this time, but we must remember that this is only the end of physical life and the beginning of eternal life. May my friendship and prayers ease your pain during these moments.
A phrase that can explain very well what we wish for the family of our deceased loved one and how we feel about it.
67. May the love and mercy of our Lord be poured out upon you and your family in these unfortunate times. My deepest sympathy.
A very poetic phrase that can help us to give condolences in some difficult moments
68. I’m here for you. Please let me know if I can help you in any way.
We must support our friends and family who are grieving in any way we can.
69. I know it’s hard to believe that your relative is no longer with us, but surely God had bigger plans for him. However, he will always be in our hearts.
Losing a family member is very hard and we must support our friends in these moments.
70. Death carries with it a pain that no one can heal, and love leaves a memory that no one can ever steal.
The love we had for that person will never go away.
71. No one can understand how hard a separation is, when one of our precious gems leaves us. You look for it and we cannot find it, you speak to it and it cannot hear you, you wait and it does not come. All that remains is the eternal memory of our family member in our hearts.
The absence they leave us in our lives will remain forever in our hearts.
72. Words seem to me inadequate to express my feelings about the death of your relative. I am here, offering you my sincere condolences, and I am here to help you in your grieving process.
Our most sincere feelings are what we can offer to someone who has lost a family member or friend.
73. I am deeply hurt and words are not enough to express the pain I feel at this moment. My deepest sympathy.
The pain we may feel in those moments can be very great, but we must recover and follow the path of our life.
74. I cannot even understand what you are going through at this time, but I would like to offer my prayers and condolences to you and your family.
The people who are going through these tragic times deserve all our respect and emotional support.
75. Nothing is more painful than the departure of someone you love. My deepest sympathy.
Losing the person we love is a very hard thing and we must support the person who can go through such a difficult time without hesitation.