Friendship is a very complicated thing. While it is true that we all have a few friends, these can be counted on the fingers of one hand, as it is very difficult for the human brain to establish bonds as strong as friendship, and that endure through the days and against all odds. It is not easy to get the best phrases about friendship.
Here is a collection of phrases so bre friendship between people, family or friends, worth the redundancy. There it goes .
Phrases on unconditional friendship
In this selection you can read famous quotes that tell us about the most sincere feeling between two people. And although sometimes friendship can be complicated to manage, it is undoubtedly a necessary element in the life of someone who aspires to be happy.
- We recommend this selection: “30 phrases of change to give a new direction to your life”
1. If I know that you are, and you know that I am, who will know who I am when you are not
An ode to friendship that does not disappear over time.
2. A friend never tells you what you want to hear, he tells you the truth and what is best for you
Honesty first and foremost. If he tells you everything you want to hear, he may not be your friend.
3. We have learned to fly like birds, to swim like fish, but we have not learned the simple art of living together as brothers
An unparalleled fraternal phrase.
4. Something sweet is a true friend; it dives into the depths of our hearts, asking for our needs. It does not spare us from discovering them for ourselves
Exploring life with those people who are irreplaceable.
5. Friendship is a soul that lives in two bodies; a heart that lives in two souls
A particularly nice Buddhist proverb.
6. A person without friends is like living in the desert
The lack of positive emotions and social relationships is not a full life.
7. One must be careful of silent water, a silent dog and a silent enemy
If there’s no communication, you can’t expect anything good.
8. In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends
An ideal reflection to know that in the bad moments is when the real friends are by your side, while the rest hide.
9. Friends are people who are always there, friends who are pleasant companions who sometimes annoy you, who love you, but above all who make laughter more enjoyable
Friendship isn’t always rosy, but it always brings a smile to our faces.
10. The friends you have and whose friendship you have already tested… hook them to your soul with steel hooks
When a friend has shown himself to be there for you with total loyalty, hold on to him.
11. Friends are the family you choose
One of the most famous phrases about friendship
12. How unpleasant it is to like people you don’t like
A truth like a temple. Maybe we should rethink something if this happens.
13. Friendship doubles the joys and halves the sorrows
It simply brings an added energy and optimism to our existence.
14. A friend is like a clover, hard to find and brings good luck
It’s hard to find a real friend, but when you have one, you have to keep it.
15. A friend is the person who shows us the way and travels with us part of the way
Walking with a special person is a pleasant experience.
16. To offer friendship to one who asks for love is like giving bread to one who dies of thirst
This phrase actually speaks to us about unrequited love.
17. I appreciate the friend who has me in his diary to remember me, but I esteem much more that friend who doesn’t need a notebook to not forget me
True friends are always in mind.
18. A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother
Unique phrase to describe this feeling.
19. If you really know what friendship is, you will have lost your heart… why would you have given it to others
Giving is more important than receiving, and this also applies to interpersonal relationships.
20. A person without friends is like a book that no one reads
The important thing in life is to share moments and experiences.
21. A friend is one who holds out his hand to you even if you don’t deserve it
Mistakes are human, and we must learn to forgive.
22. The loyal friend laughs at your jokes, even if they are not so good; and he leads her on from your problems, even if they are not so bad
If a friend shows indifference to what’s going on with you, maybe he’s not as friendly as you thought.
23. Friendship is harder and rarer than love. Therefore, it must be saved in any way
Thank you very much for your attention, I hope you liked it. You can visit other positive and optimistic phrases about life. Happy holidays!
24.Life does not have a blessing equal to a wise enemy
Euripides, in one of his most inspired phrases about friendship.
25. My friends are my state
A reflection of Emily Dickinson.
26. I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light
Nice reflection by Helen Keller.
27.Just as iron shapes iron, a friend shapes a friend
This phrase, attributed to King Solomon, speaks about the mutual influence that is established between friends.
28. In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends
This quote from Martin Luther King talks about how a friendship can make us feel bad when we fail someone.
29.Friendship is thinking of the other person first
George Alexiou talks about how we set priorities
30. There can be no friendship where there is no freedom
William Penn emphasizes talking about the context of freedom that must exist in any friendly relationship.
31.Reprimand the friend in secret and praise him in public
Leonardo Da Vinci, on some questions of etiquette.
32. A sweet friendship refreshes the soul
A biblical quote about friendship.
33. Be slow to fall into friendship, but once inside, stay constant
One of the moral indications about friendship attributed to the philosopher Socrates.
34.Good and true friendship should not be suspected of anything
A reflection by Miguel de Cervantes.
35.Two people cannot be friends for long if their small mistakes cannot be forgiven
Jean de la Bruyère talks about the limits of friendship.
36. True friendship comes when silence between two people is uncomfortable
David Tyson Gentry proposes an original indicator of friendship.
37.The false friend is like the shadow that follows us while the sun lasts
An original metaphor by Carlo Dossi.
38.Things don’t matter, our friends do
Rosie Thomas, in a simple sentence about priorities.
39.A true friend reaches out to you and touches your heart
Heather Prior, in an inspired aphorism.
40. Whoever did not seek friends in joy, in misfortune, do not ask for them
A saying about the attitude when it comes to seeking or not seeking friendships.
41. If ye would form judgment about a man, observe who his friends are
Fenelon believed that our friends talk about us .
42.Friendship that ends had not begun
Publius Siro is categorical about what he understood to be true friendship.
43.A friend is the image you have of yourself
A line by Robert L. Stevenson.
44.Friendship is a love that is not communicated through the senses
Ramón de Campoamor bequeathed this interesting reflection on the nature of friendship.
45. No friendship is an accident
A simple phrase from the American writer William Sydney Porter.
46.Friends are born, not made
An innate view of friendship, by Henry Adams.
47.A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself
Jim Morrison, on the character of friendship.
48.The only way to have a friend is to be one
Ralph Waldo Emerson believed in reciprocity.
49.Friendship is always profitable; love sometimes hurts
Seneca, in one of his aphorisms .
50.Suspicion is the cancer of friendship
Petrarch warns of a danger.
51. Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
A phrase of Abraham Lincoln, speaking from a humanist philosophy advanced to his time.
52. Every new friend is a reconquered piece of ourselves.
Friedrich Hebbel brings us this reflection on the art of making friends who help us on the winding road of life.
53. Everybody’s friend is not a friend.
Aristotle left us this valuable lesson: he who loves everyone, loves no one really.
54. All my assets are my friends.
A famous anonymous quote that shows us the richness of having good friends around.
55. Take time to choose a friend, but be even slower to change it.
Famous quote from the great Benjamin Franklin, one of the first presidents of the United States.
56. Friends are those strange beings who ask us how we are and wait to hear the answer.
A simple detail that makes all the difference. The phrase is from Ed Cunningham.
57. Beyond the family with which we share blood is the family with which we share desires
A beautiful way to define what friendship is .
58. Friendship is much more than an investment in favors; it is the feeling of being loved and accepted.
It goes beyond pragmatic logic.
59. Friendships are not made up of acts of faith: they must be earned.
You can’t be friends with someone just by saying so.
60. The best friendships are those in which there is symmetry.
A balance of power must be maintained.
61. In true friendships, competitiveness is always weaker than mutual appreciation.
A hierarchy of ethical values.
62. Friends don’t just count their sorrows.
Having a relationship of this type implies attending to all the expressive needs of people.
63. Mornings are sunnier if we find a friendly smile.
A phrase that reflects the mood of the person who enjoys these smiles .
64. True friendships are not for sale or rent.
Friends are not friends for opportunistic purposes.
65. There’s a lot of potential in two friends with creative ideas.
There are ways of thinking that feed each other.
66. Friendship is what makes ideas grow in two heads at once.
Another of the phrases about friendship that talk about your creative potential.
67. However long a friendship may be stretched, it does not give itself away.
Friendships don’t just wear out over time.
68. There’s a lot of love in one word: “friend.
Many feelings encapsulated in one term.
69. To accept oneself, there is nothing like having the support of friends.
Having people who appreciate us in this way is therapeutic.
70. A friend is the mirror in which we see what we could become if we make an effort.
Having friends inspires us and helps us see our potential.
71. In friendship it leaves a small space for conflict, and in conflict it leaves a large space for reconciliation.
A maxim for being a good friend.
72. Friendship is like the stars. We cannot always see them, but we always know they are there.
Charming metaphor that explains in a few words the essence of trusting another person.
73. Friendship is even more beautiful than a ray of sunshine.
A naive ode.
74. If you are not capable of being a good friend, do not expect others to offer you their friendship.
Logically, it’s a two-way street.
75. Walk and talk, have a drink, take a trip… So many pleasures that are doubly enjoyed with your friends.
The best company to share the best moments.
76. Not even the greatest of successes can compare to the happiness of having a good friend.
Phrase of the psychologist Juan Armando Corbin.