Proverbs are an inexhaustible source of wisdom that can be very useful to us in our youth and throughout our lives.
How we should react at different times, how we should face life situations or how we should approach the future, are things that thanks to proverbs and sayings we can do in a more coherent way.
Proverbs for Youth
These proverbs provide us with some atavistic knowledge that we should all know because they are usually very useful.
Below you can discover 80 proverbs for young people that you are sure to like , whether you are young or perhaps a little older. They give us a good dose of experience and cunning to face life’s challenges.
- And also: “80 smiles phrases to get your best version”
1. To long feelings, long consequences.
If we let our feelings carry us away, we can do things that take their toll.
2. Don’t brag when you start your journey, brag when you return.
We must be cautious and expect the unexpected, we must not sell the bearskin before we have hunted it.
3. Love and do what you want. If you are silent, you will be silent with love; if you cry out, you will cry out with love; if you correct, you will correct with love; if you forgive, you will forgive with love.
We must be consistent with our actions and never regret them.
4. Ask the person with experience, not the one with the theory.
Knowing how to take advice from someone who has more experience than we do is undoubtedly the best thing we can do.
5. When you are flooded with great joy, do not promise anything to anyone. When you are overcome by great anger, do not answer any letter.
We must not get carried away by emotions, they can play tricks on us.
6. If you don’t want it to get out, don’t.
To be sure that what we do is right must be a mantra that we must always follow.
7. Love has two major adversities of opposite sign: to love those who do not love us and to be loved by those who cannot love.
Love can be very capricious and make us suffer a lot throughout our lives.
8. Before you open someone else’s door, dress with a smile.
Our attitude can be the one that makes the difference in carrying out our actions.
9. Love is the joy of the good, the reflection of the wise, the astonishment of the unbelievers.
Love is a feeling that we can all feel and yet we all perceive it differently.
10. Time is like the flow of a river: it does not return.
Time only has one direction and when it passes we can never recover that precise instant.
11. Love is a spring flower between two people that develops in summer and does not wither in winter.
Love is an emotion that can remain within us forever.
12. Never make promises you can’t keep.
We must keep our word and teach our loved ones that we are trustworthy.
13. Love is hidden like fire in stone.
Finding love can be a difficult thing to do, but we know it’s out there.
14. Silence is a great source of strength.
We must remain silent when we have nothing to say that is relevant to the topic being discussed.
15. Love makes time go by; time makes love go by.
Love can make us lose track of time, and time can make us forget that love that has already passed.
16. If you survived a storm, you won’t mind the rain.
When we have been able to overcome very serious problems, superfluous things are no longer relevant to us.
17. Love never claims; it always gives. Love tolerates, never gets angry, never takes revenge.
When we feel love for a person we can be very tolerant of their actions. One of the proverbs for young people that we should keep in mind most.
18. Judging is a way of hiding one’s weaknesses.
When we judge someone, it can be a way of distracting others from our own insecurities.
19. Love doesn’t beg, it deserves.
When someone loves us, it will certainly be because we really deserve it.
20. From the blackest clouds falls the cleanest and purest water.
A nice metaphor that tells us how from problems we can extract great experiences or positive aspects.
21. Love is not looked at, it is felt, and even more so when she is next to you.
When we are in love, the feelings we have for that person are felt deep within us.
22. Opportunities don’t just happen; you create them.
In order to have certain opportunities we must have previously been looking for them, no opportunity will come looking for us at home.
23. The heart never speaks, but one must listen to it in order to understand.
Knowing how to listen to our heart can be something very important, to understand what it is really telling us.
24. Water floats a boat and can also sink it.
The one who supports us in achieving our goals today may be the one who prevents us from doing so tomorrow.
25. He who fears suffering already suffers from fear.
We must not be confused by problems that have not yet arrived, we must face them when they come.
26. It’s better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
We must fight to solve our own problems, standing still cursing will solve nothing.
27. True love is nothing more than the inevitable desire to help the other person be who he or she is.
When we truly love someone, we will do our best to make them achieve their goals.
28. He who does not know how to smile should not open a shop.
Our attitude will determine our success, we must be positive.
29. Writing is like making love. Don’t worry about the orgasm, worry about the process.
The process we enjoy when performing an action is where the real pleasure lies.
30. He who gives way widens the path.
Being honest and honest makes this society in which we all live a better place.
31. Friendship can be turned into love. Love into friendship… Never.
Friendship can grow into something more over time, but when a love is lost, friendship is no longer possible, at least in most cases.
32. You cannot stop the bird of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can stop it from building a nest in your head.
We all go through sad times in our lives, but overcoming that sadness only depends on ourselves and our positivity.
33. People do their hair every day. Why not their heart?
We must take care of our emotions as much as we do the rest of our lives.
34. If your mind is strong, all the difficult things will be easier. If your mind is weak, all easy things will become difficult.
Our mind will be one of the determining factors that will allow us to reach an objective or fail in the attempt.
35. The greatest declaration of love is that which is not made; the man who feels much, speaks little.
The best way to show our feelings for someone is with our actions, words may not show our true thoughts.
36. Be brief and concise, since every time you let a word out of your mouth, you let a part of your energy out at the same time.
Being accurate with our words when expressing ourselves will transmit a more determined personal attitude to our interlocutor.
37. Poverty makes thieves and love poets.
There is nothing that pushes a man towards crime more than poverty and hopelessness, and in turn nothing pushes a man towards poetry more than love for a person.
38. Whoever doesn’t work when he’s young, sleeps in the straw when he’s old.
We must work in our lives to ensure a dignified old age, if we do not sow the grain we will never reap the fruits.
39. Do not complain and do not use words that project negative images, because that will be the energy that you will attract to you.
If we project positivity and good thoughts onto others, they will pay us back with the same currency.
40. Great souls have wills; weak ones have only desires.
A very beautiful appointment that encourages us to realize what we dream about, we must fight to make our life a happier one.
41. He who in time rests, yields twice as much and does not tire.
Knowing how to rest when we need it is essential to show our best performance at the right time.
42. The glory is not in never falling, but in getting up again every time you fall.
Knowing how to overcome adversity and overcome it is what makes us great people, that is the quality that divides us into winners and losers.
If in summer I am a cicada, and from September to May I am an ant, do not worry, mother of mine, for my life must go well.
We must be persevering so that we can later reap the fruits of our efforts.
44. There is no such thing as love in peace. It is always accompanied by agonies, ecstasies, intense joys and profound sadness.
Love can be an emotional roller coaster that we can’t get off of.
45. The person who says something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
What is impossible for us may not be impossible for someone else.
46. Hunting, exercise, good for fun and bad for business.
There are activities that as a hobby can be pleasant, but to which we cannot dedicate ourselves in a professional way because they are counterproductive.
47. There is no such thing as love, but rather the proof of love, and the proof of love for the one we love is to let him live freely.
When we love someone we want their well-being above all else, and if it is not their destiny to be with us we must let them go.
48. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
There is always time to do what we really want to do, as long as we are alive now is the right time.
49. He who worked became rich, lived poor and died rich.
In order to earn a lot of money, we must dedicate time to this activity that we will never recover, and there is something much more valuable than money: time, because it is priceless.
50. There is no disguise that can long hide love where there is one, nor pretend it where there is none.
Feelings, when they are pure, eventually come to light on their own, and when they are false they will eventually be inexorably discovered.
51. If you identify yourself with success, you will have successes; if you identify yourself with failure, you will have failures.
How we show ourselves in society will lead us to where we want to be in it.
52. Day for work, night for rest.
Every activity has its moment throughout the day and we must carry them out when it is appropriate.
53. To offer friendship to one who asks for love is like giving bread to one who is dying of thirst.
Friendship and love are two very different things, just as thirst and hunger are both needs but are solved in different ways.
54. A wise person has his own opinions and makes his own decisions, while an ignorant person follows public opinion.
We must be consistent with our thoughts and trust our own opinion.
55. If idleness causes you boredom, work is a good remedy.
Working dignifies us as people and helps us to focus on our personal goals.
56. For the love of a rose, the gardener is a servant of a thousand thorns.
On many occasions, in order to achieve that which we most desire, we must first make many sacrifices.
57. A miserable man demands much of others; a wise man demands much of himself.
We must demand of others what we demand of ourselves, for only by preaching by example will others give the maximum of themselves.
58. Work completed, sale awaits.
When the work has been done, all that remains is for us to reap the benefits.
59. He only spent ten minutes with the love of his life, and thousands of hours thinking about him.
When we love someone, even if we spend little time with him or her, the rest of the day we cannot get them out of our mind.
60. Victory shows what a person can do; his response in defeat shows his worth.
Knowing how to overcome adversity is what will teach others what we are made of.
61. He who cooks and kneads, everything happens to him.
When we perform many tasks at the same time it is normal that we have many different setbacks.
62. Keep in mind that great love and great accomplishments require great risks.
When we fight for something of great value, it is logical that the risks we must take are just as great.
63. It’s better to have a cabin to be happy in than a palace to cry in.
Knowing how to conform to the strictly necessary is a quality that will make us much happier as people.
64. Friar to your prayer, maiden to your spinning.
We must adapt to every situation we find ourselves in.
65. All great love is not possible without sorrow.
Emotional ups and downs in any relationship are extremely common.
66. For those who don’t know where they want to go, all roads work.
When we don’t know which decision is right, all the ones presented to us can seem equally attractive.
67. He who walks fast, stumbles.
When we act in haste we are more likely to make mistakes.
68. A man is the age of the woman he loves.
When two people love and understand each other, age takes a back seat.
69. Don’t be afraid to move slowly, be afraid to stay still.
When we move towards our goals it is always positive, whether it is in a slower or faster way.
70. Giving a son a skill is better than giving him a thousand gold pieces.
When we teach a friend a technique, he can always use it to achieve his goals. One of the most accurate proverbs for young people
71. He who can command and command, begs not.
When we reach a higher status we use it to do what we need to do.
72. Bed and love, they will never tell you: go to your work.
There is no better place in the world than our bed with our beloved.
73. Whether you’re tall or short, you won’t cheat the job.
Work treats all employees the same and indifferent way.
74. Where you have duties, have no loves.
In our employment it is better not to start love relationships, because if these are truncated they can harm us in our working life.
75. Practice makes perfect.
To reach the degree of mastery in an art or craft, the only path is that of consecrated practice towards it.
76. Whoever you’re dealing with, don’t have a contract.
Knowing how to separate our friendships from our working world is something that can benefit us.
77. A worker, a rich man, a bum and a beggar, portraits are of father, son, grandson and great-grandson.
Different generations tend to manage the same fortune in very different ways, as their approach to spending it depends on the personal effort they have made to achieve it.
78. All evil is born of idleness, whose remedy is honest and continuous occupation.
Work dignifies us, focuses us and makes us better people, because it helps us to have a more perspective view of the world.
79. Give a man a fish and he will eat one day, teach him to fish and he will eat forever.
If you really want to help a man, give him the tool so he never needs help again.
80. From many drops of wax, a great candle is made.
With time and effort we will achieve our goal. Perseverance.