Accepting the experiences that happen to us in life is key to growing as a person, and self-acceptance, that is, treating ourselves with love and recognizing that we are valuable, makes others respect and value us.
In theory, this seems easy, but in practice it is not.
Over the years, different authors have pronounced phrases or quotes on acceptance . In the following lines we present the best ones.
1. Friendship with oneself is important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world
When one is not a friend of one’s own, friendship with other individuals is not possible.
2. Being yourself in a world that constantly tries to make you something else is the greatest achievement
Accepting oneself and following one’s path to personal development is key to being happy.
3. Being beautiful means being yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to be accepted by yourself
A quote from Thich Nhat Hanh, being yourself is the key to getting respect from others.
4. To love others, love yourself first and foremost
Before you can love other people you must love yourself. If you don’t feel good about yourself, you can’t show others who you are.
5. There is no worse loneliness than not being comfortable with yourself
When one does not love oneself, it is not possible to enjoy the mental well-being necessary to be happy.
6. When we love ourselves, everything in life works
When we connect with ourselves, all life seems to flow.
7. Belief consists in accepting the claims of the soul, disbelief, in denying them
Our beliefs often come from our heart’s desires.
8. No apologies, no regrets
A quote that talks about the importance of acceptance to move forward in life.
9. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are
The first step to happiness is to accept yourself as you are.
10. The best way to be happy is to love you for what you do, whatever you do. The best way to be at peace is to love you for what you feel, whatever you feel
Finding inner peace is necessary to live a full life.
11. You can’t live waiting for flowers. You have to grow your own garden. And that garden is your soul
Loving oneself is often an act of will.
12. If we really love ourselves, everything in life works
When we don’t love each other as we are, obstacles come our way.
13. He who looks outside dreams, he who looks inside wakes up
Being good internally is key to being good externally.
14. My willingness to be intimate with my own deep feelings creates the space for intimacy with another person
When you know yourself well and are emotionally intelligent, you relate better to others.
15. We look at what is in front of us and behind us, but we don’t look at what is inside us… which is much more important
Sometimes we are too aware of what is outside and do not see what is inside us.
16. Someone else’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality
When you think well of yourself, others notice.
17. To accept ourselves means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections
Accepting the good things is easy, but the bad things are not so easy.
18. Act like what you do makes a difference. It does
We are what we think and therefore we must think positively and accept difficult situations.
19. The only thing that will make you happy is to be happy with who you are, and not what people think you are
Finding inner peace is key to being respected and loved by others.
20. When you are comfortable with yourself, others will be comfortable with you
No one wants to be surrounded by negative people who aren’t right about who they are.
21. Accept your humanity, as well as your divinity, fully and without reservation
Acceptance refers not only to accepting oneself, but also to accepting others.
22. What we have before and behind us are small matters compared to what we have inside
What makes us uneasy is not the events, but how we relate to them.
23. Happiness can only exist in acceptance
If we do not accept ourselves as we are and what happens to us, it is difficult to feel happy.
24. Accept everything about yourself, I mean everything, you are you and that is the beginning and the end
To be well with your surroundings, the first thing is to be well with yourself.
25. The greatest success is successful self-acceptance
Personal growth begins with accepting oneself and knowing one’s needs.
26. When a person believes in himself, he has the first secret of success
High self-confidence is related to greater well-being and success in life.
27. Accept the things to which fate binds you, love the people with whom fate has bound you, but do everything with your heart
Both towards oneself and towards others, we must love and share love.
28. Acceptance of what has happened is the first step in overcoming the consequences of any misfortune
To overcome the obstacles, it is essential to recognize and accept them.
29. Too many people overestimate what they are not and underestimate what they are
It can happen that, many times, we see the bad as more bad and the good as less good.
30. A person cannot be comfortable without their own approval
When one does not accept oneself as one is, one can hardly relate to the environment successfully.
31. Unless you value yourself, you will not value your time. Unless you value your time, you will do nothing with it
We have to value ourselves and the environment around us in order to enjoy ourselves and it.
32. The worst loneliness is not being comfortable with yourself
It’s bad to be alone physically, but it’s worse to be alone mentally.
33. Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change those I can, and wisdom to know the difference
A religious quotation from St. Francis of Assisi, who asks God to allow him to accept the things that happen around him.
34. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers
We can change our way of thinking, and this also includes acceptance.
35. You are as amazing as you let yourself be
We must do our part to be happy, because sometimes life does not make it easy for us.
36. You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably imperfect. And you are beautiful
Imperfection is present in each of us, and that is why we must accept it.
37. If you begin to understand what you are without trying to change it, what you are undergoes a transformation
Acceptance includes observation and a non-judgmental mindset.
38. To accept and value ourselves is not to recognize our virtues, but, and above all, to accept and value our defects
It’s easy to accept us when things are going well. But the merit lies in doing so when things are complicated.
39. You yourself, as well as anyone else in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection
A quote from the Buddha, reminding us of the importance of accepting ourselves as we are.
40. The secret of success is to believe in yourself
To believe in oneself, it is first necessary to accept and know oneself.
41. Never lower your head. Always keep it up. Look the world in the face
No matter what happens, you need to not sink and move on with your life. Accept what happens to us.
42. Never love anyone but yourself
You must fall in love with yourself, and the rest will fall in love with you.
43. The quickest way to change your attitude toward pain is to accept the fact that everything that happens to us has been designed for our spiritual growth
The pain may be normal, but it is not normal for the pain to last long. Acceptance is the solution.
44. The mountain was there and will still be there when you die. You will not have conquered it by climbing it. The one you have conquered is yourself
Sometimes, worries are just that, worries. The reality can be very different.
45. Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weaknesses
To grow as a person, we must change the negative in us, and first of all, accept it.
46. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are
We only have one life to live. Why waste time? Better to accept the bad and enjoy the good.
47. Lack of self-esteem is not solved with money, recognition, affection, attention or influence. Don’t look for any of these things before you get self-esteem
Internal approval is much more important than external approval, at least for happiness.
48. Perfectionism is nothing but fear of being criticized
Perfectionism may seem good, but in reality it is bad for the person, since they often have irrational and unattainable beliefs and expectations.
49. It’s impossible to feel good if you don’t get your own approval
You cannot enjoy your life fully if you do not enjoy yourself.
50. Remember that how you treat yourself will set the standard for others. Treat yourself and others well
When you want to be respected, it is important that others respect you.
51. Do you want the acceptance of others? Have you got your own acceptance first?
Like the previous sentence, in order for others to respect you, you must first respect yourself.
52. Mental well-being cannot be enjoyed without acceptance
A person cannot be happy without being happy with what they have and with the way they are.
53. The most important relationship you will ever have is with yourself
There is no better love than love for oneself.
54. The one who is underestimated is justly undervalued by others
Low self-esteem is often caused by the non-acceptance of the person.
55. You are very powerful, as long as you know how powerful you are
When one knows oneself and values oneself, a positive world opens up before him.
56. The one who looks outside spends his life dreaming. He who looks inside himself wakes up
When you accept yourself as you are, it doesn’t matter what others think of you.
57. Peace comes from within, don’t look for it on the outside
A great quote from the Buddha, who speaks of inner peace and self-acceptance.
58. How you treat yourself sets the standard for others
When you don’t treat yourself well and love yourself, you cause others not to love and treat you well.
59. Until you are at peace with what you are, you will never be happy with what you have
When one desires more than one is, unhappiness is present.
60. Our life consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are
Self-acceptance is so important that it marks how we live life and how we value it.
61. Always remember that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have the obligation to be one
A nice quote from Eleanor Roosevelt, reminding us how we should treat ourselves.
62. You must love yourself before you can love another person. By accepting yourself and what you are, your simple presence makes others happy
Again, another great and inspiring Buddha. A great teaching on self-acceptance.
63. Look the world in the face, never lower your head because what is in front of you overwhelms you
If we are so concerned about the negative things that happen to us and our weaknesses, we forget to live life to the fullest.
64. Once we accept our limitations, we will go beyond them
When we recognize that we are perfect and accept it, then we live and enjoy life.
65. Achievement is the best way to build your self-esteem and self-confidence
When we are successful in life, we are more likely to have greater self-confidence.
66. The best way to fail is to overestimate what you are not and underestimate what you are
Failure or success has a lot to do with how we relate to ourselves, whether positively or negatively.
67. The most powerful relationship you will ever have is with yourself
When you feel good about who you are and know yourself perfectly, your perception of life is positive and so is the path you follow.
68. You will be as amazing as you allow yourself
Limiting beliefs mean that, despite possessing great talents, we do not exploit them.
69. We can’t change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not free, it oppresses
The acceptance of the experience is the first step to change and transform ourselves.
70. The greatest success a person can achieve is successful self-acceptance, without complexes or qualms
When one does not accept oneself as one is, with its defects and virtues, many psychological problems appear such as low self-esteem.
71. A person cannot be comfortable without their own approval
Beautiful sentence by Mark Twain that should make us think.
72. Value yourself; no one else will if you don’t do it first
Accepting and valuing oneself is necessary for others to do the same.
73. If someone tells you that you are not good at doing such a thing, show them how wrong they are
Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not capable of something. It’s up to you to prove to the world that you are capable of anything you set your mind to.
74. Your optimism turns your shortcomings into opportunities
Thinking positive doesn’t fix everything, but it does set us up for success.
75. Whatever your goal is, first visualize it, then work on it, finally enjoy it
The phases of success.
76. Where one door closes, another opens
Phrase of Don Quixote de la Mancha.
77. Life isn’t happening to you. Life is responding to you
Everything depends on our actions and omissions.
78. We can’t control the wind, but we can adjust the sails
Adapting to change makes us smarter and happier.
79. The only difference between a bad day and a good day is your attitude
Nothing more than that.
80. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
Experiences teach us how to be better people.
81. The best kind of happiness is the habit you are passionate about
Do what you love and work will become your passion.
82. Loving oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance
You are the only person who has the duty to love you forever.
83. When you manage to accept yourself, a world of opportunity suddenly opens up before you
The world is conspiring for you to find your place.
84. The paradox is this: the more I accept myself as I am, the more I can improve
Great reflection by Carl Rogers.
85. Self-esteem begins with acceptance and develops with action
We are what we do.
86. We should use the past as a springboard and not as a couch
Don’t let the past hold you back.
87. If you want something you never had, you must do something you never did
It’s no use doing what never worked.
88. 90% of all those who fail are not really defeated, they simply give up
Do you give up easily?
89. You have to expect great things from yourself before you can achieve them
Reflection by Michael Jordan, a true expert in winning mentality.
90. If you don’t act like you think, you’re going to end up thinking like you act
An acceptance phrase pronounced by Blaise Pascal.
91. Demand too much of yourself and expect too little of others. This way you will save yourself trouble
Expectations, focus on yourself. Confucius phrase.
92. Instead of being worried that they don’t know you, worry that you are really worth knowing
Another great reflection of Confucius, the Eastern thinker.
93. I love people who enjoy life, because I do the same
Rapper Lil Wayne’s phrase.
94. Have a lot of fun and laughter in your whole existence. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured
Accepting oneself also means knowing how to enjoy everything life has to offer.
95. Enjoy life. This is not a rehearsal
96. Enjoy life, because life is phenomenal! It’s a magnificent journey!
Positive thinking from Bob Proctor.
97. My personal ambition remains the same: to be creative, to be modern, to be one step ahead, to enjoy life
Natalie Massenet and her philosophy of life
98. You will find meaning in life if you believe it
Osho, and his view of life. Proactivity to be happy.
99. Positive people change the world, while negative people keep it as it is
If you’re positive you can generate good things.
100. No one who has given their best has ever regretted it
We closed the list with this great acceptance phrase from George Halas.