Family is always there to support you and help you even in your worst moments. Although we don’t decide to be born into one family or another, the truth is that the emotional ties that are created with our siblings, fathers, mothers… are practically unbreakable.
Relations between family members are not always perfect , but if we are able to maintain harmony, our family members are people we can count on no matter what.
In today’s article we will learn the best family sentences and the emotional ties that exist in it. If you think there are any famous quotes or family reflections that should be added to the post, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section.
Let’s get started!
1. We do not inherit the land of our ancestors. We leave it to our children. (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
From the author of The Little Prince.
2. My family is everything. I am what I am because of my mother, my father, my brother, my sister… because they have given me everything. The education I have is because of them. (Ronaldinho)
The Brazilian footballer talked like this about his big family.
3. A home is not a building, a street or a city; it has nothing to do with such material things as bricks and cement. A home is where your family is, do you understand? (John Boyne)
Where you can be yourself and be understood no matter what.
4. When a newborn baby clenches his little fist, for the first time, his father’s finger, he is trapped forever. (Gabriel García Márquez)
A love that never dies .
5. Family is not a big deal. It’s everything. (Michael J. Fox)
More important than any other area of life.
6. The family is one of nature’s masterpieces. (George Santayana)
Protection and comfort.
7. You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them. (Desmond Tutu)
A great phrase to sum up the joy of having a family.
8. The most important thing in the world is family and love. (John Wooden)
Without further ado, one of the top priorities for many people.
9. This is part of what a family is, not just love. It’s knowing that your family will be there to take care of you. Nothing else will give you that. Not even money. Or the fame. Or the job. (Mitch Albom)
A very powerful form of psychological protection.
10. The bond that unites you to your true family is not that of blood, but of respect and the joy that you feel for their lives and they for yours. (Richard Bach)
Famous quote from the great composer.
11. Christmas is the perfect time to celebrate the love of God and family and to create memories that will last forever. Jesus is God’s perfect and indescribable gift. The amazing thing is that not only are we able to receive this gift, but we can share it with others at Christmas and every other day of the year. (Joel Osteen)
About those special days.
12. God has blessed me with an incredible family, friends and work colleagues who have been my joy, my support and my sanity. I don’t know what I would do without them. (Josie Loren)
A thank-you note.
13. One’s family is the most important thing in life. I look at it this way: One of these days I’ll be in a hospital somewhere with four walls around me. And the only people who will be with me will be my family. (Robert Byrd)
A magnificent choice.
14. Feelings of value can only flourish in an environment where individual differences are appreciated, where mistakes are tolerated, where communication is open and rules are flexible, the kind of environment one finds in a loving family. (Virginia Satir)
A compendium of emotions.
15. I stand with the love of my family. (Maya Angelou)
A key to emotional balance.
16. I have a wonderful refuge that is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister, this makes me feel that I always know where I belong. (José Carreras)
An oasis of calm and love.
17. The practice of patience towards others, overlooking the defects of others and bearing the burdens of others is the most elementary condition of all human and social activity in the family. (Lawrence G. Lovasik)
One of the qualities for living in community .
18. When families are strong and stable, so are children who show higher levels of well-being and more positive outcomes. (Iain Duncan Smith)
19. The family is the first essential cell of human society. (Pope John XXIII)
A Christian phrase about family.
20. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without hesitation are your family. (Jim Butcher)
You doubt your friends, but not your family.
21. In my career, there are many things I’ve won and many things I’ve accomplished, but for me, my greatest achievement is my children and my family. It’s about being a good father, a good husband, just being connected to the family as much as possible. (David Beckham)
Words from the British footballer.
22. I had a really wonderful education. We were a big family. It was wonderful to grow up with so many brothers and sisters. We were all only a year or two apart and we always supported each other. I learned everything from my older brothers and I taught this to my younger sisters. (Joaquin Phoenix)
About his childhood.
23. A true man loves his wife and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and satisfaction in life than simply being a good husband and father. (Frank Abagnale)
A statement based on the traditional conception of the family .
24. Life changes when you have a child, when you have your own family. You become more careful about what you do. You don’t go out late, go to clubs, or drink with your friends. You’re going to be at home, taking care of your daughter, playing with her. (Paul Pierce)
A birth can change our way of interpreting reality and interacting with it.
25. There is no such thing as a ‘broken family’. The family is the family and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption papers. Families are made in the heart. (C. JoyBell C.)
The family as a category that does not depend on adjectives.
26. Family can make you angry like no one else, but it’s also what makes life worth living. (Hugh Jackman)
The actor sees the family as a place where emotions are heightened.
27. I try to live my life as my father lives his. He always takes care of others first. He doesn’t start eating until he makes sure everyone in the family has started eating. Another thing: My father never judges me whether I win or lose. (Ben Roethlisberger)
Examples can lead us to our own way of living.
28. One day you’ll do things for me that you hate. That’s what it means to be family. (Jonathan Safran Foer)
There are interests and goals beyond the individual.
29. I believe that family is key, and if you have love for family, then you have love for others and you have unity as a people. (Marlon Wayans)
For some people, the family is the place where the experience of life begins.
30. Maintaining a happy family requires much from both parents and children. Each member of the family has to become, in a special way, a servant to the others. (Pope John Paul II)
A place free of egos.
31. I also believe that the parents, if they love you, will hold you safely above their waters and whirlpools; sometimes that means that you will never know what they have suffered, and you may treat them badly, in a way that you would not otherwise. (Mitch Albom)
The stability that a family gives facilitates the possibility of developing well .
32. I am blessed to have so many great things in my life: family, friends and God. They will all be in my thoughts daily. (Lil ‘Kim)
A mapping of typically conservative values.
33. You can kiss your family and friends goodbye by putting miles between you, but they are still with you in your heart, your thoughts and your guts. Because you not only live in a world, but a world lives in you. (Frederick Buechner)
A reflection on emotional ties.
34. If a country is to be free of corruption and become a nation of wonderful minds, I firmly believe that there are three key social members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher. (APJ Abdul Kalam)
A division of roles to benefit the common life.
35. A family will be strong and indestructible when it is supported by these four pillars: brave father, prudent mother, obedient son, compliant brother. (Confucius)
One of the phrases about family that is based on tradition.
- You may be interested in: “Confucius’ 68 Most Famous Quotes”
36. Happiness is to have a large family, loving, diligent, caring for one and united; but living in another city. (George Burns)
A reflection that is not without its humor.
37. The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege. (Charles Kuralt)
Another form of wealth.
38. I come from that society and there is a common thread, specifically family values, the idea that you do anything for your family, and unconditional love for one’s children. (Ednita Nazario)
A description of what for many are the fundamental values .
39. That’s what people who love you do. They hug you and love you when you’re not so nice. (Deb Caletti)
A relationship that can sometimes seem unbalanced.
40. My heroes are and were my parents, I can’t imagine having other people as heroes. (Michael Jordan)
Beyond the idols raised by the media, there is the family and its milestones.
41. My family is my strength and my weakness. (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan)
A short and direct aphorism.
42. Family isn’t blood. It’s the people who love you. The people who have your back. (Cassandra Clare)
The family understood as something that does not understand the link by lineage.
43. Sisterhood is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once sisters grow up, it becomes the strongest relationship. (Margaret Mead)
A reflection of this important anthropologist.
44. Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family. (Barbara Bush)
Social bonds are an asset.
45. I love spending time with my friends and family. The simplest things in life give me the greatest pleasure: cooking a good meal, enjoying my friends. (Cindy Morgan)
A very enriching experience.
46. I don’t think the amount of time is as special as the quality time with your family. (Reba McEntire)
Quality against quality , a topic often discussed.
47. The place where children are born and men die, where freedom and love flourish, is not an office or a shop or a factory. There I see the importance of family. (Gilbert Keith Chesterton)
An interesting thought.
48. It’s true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, especially for mothers. But when you look back at all the Christmases in your life, you will find that you have created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help keep a family together for the long term (Caroline Kennedy)
About the bonds that hold families together.
49. Give a little love to a child and you’ll get a lot back. (John Ruskin)
Another beautiful aphorism, this time focused on childhood.
50. One of the things that unites us as a family is a shared sense of humor. (Ralph ### Fiennes)
Humour makes us closer .
51. No, there is no experience comparable to that of having children, and despite the challenges we had to face, I am happy for the family we have created. (Bruce Feiler)
A sacrifice worth making.
52. A man filled with the love of God is not content to bless only his family, but extends himself throughout the world, eager to bless the entire human race. (Joseph Smith, Jr.)
The perspective on empathic and affective ties can come from the religious.
53. You know, we have a very normal family. We’ve had our ups and downs and we’ve had our problems, but we’ve had great causes to celebrate. (Julius Erving)
A phrase about family that many will identify with.
54. My main motivation is to help my family, which is not a bad reason to get up in the morning. It has always been my motivation: to take care of the people who trust me. (Tony Parsons)
About a very frequent and common source of motivation.
55. The best moments of my life have been those I have enjoyed in my home, in the bosom of my family. (Thomas Jefferson)
The summation of a life.
56. It is beautiful that parents become friends with their children, freeing them from all fear, but inspiring in them great respect. (Joseph Engineers)
A dialectic that expresses the empathy and authority of the parents over their children .
- You may be interested in: “Emperor’s Syndrome: bossy, aggressive and authoritarian children”
57. People talk about coming of age. There’s no such thing. When you have a child, you are condemned to be a father for life. It is the children who are separated from you. But we parents cannot turn away from them. (Graham Greene)
An appreciation of responsibilities to children.
58. All happy families are alike, but the unhappy ones are each in its own way. (Leo Tolstoy)
A curious reflection on happiness and families.
59. Tennis is just a game, family is forever. (Serena Williams)
Something that remains and links us strongly to each other.
60. We must always take care of our family wherever they are. (Elizabeth Gilbert)
A basic care unit.
61. There’s nothing that makes you crazier than family. Or happier. Or more exasperated. Or more… confident. (Jim Butcher)
Family is many things in one.
62. A man should never neglect his family for business. (Walt Disney)
A recommendation about the link between work and family.
63. Those who speak against the family do not know what they are doing, because they do not know what they are undoing. (Gilbert Keith Chesterton)
A play on words about the need to protect the family.
64. Happiness begins at home. The members of your family are people. Encourage them to be happy, just as a good salesman encourages his prospective customers to buy. (Napoleon Hill)
A context in which to make others happy.
65. It is not until much later, when the skin sinks and the heart weakens, that the children understand; that their stories and all their achievements, settle on top of the stories of their mothers and fathers, stone upon stone, under the waters of their lives. (Mitch Albom)
No one does themselves.
66. How the family goes, how the nation goes, how the world we all live in goes. (Pope John Paul II)
The nation is often used as an extension of the family.
67. The family and marriage are institutions in every man’s life that resemble a living fountain: the more water is drawn, the more abundantly the water flows from the fountain. (Adolph Kolping)
A nice metaphor.
68. When you have a family that lets you express yourself as you are, that’s the best life can give you. (Rosario Flores)
It is a space in which it is more possible to remain faithful to who one is.
69. The family provides values that last a lifetime. A united and loving family is a hard to achieve luxury. (Daryl Hannah)
The family context transmits values that we will later make our own.
- You may be interested in: “The 10 kinds of values: principles that govern our lives”
70. Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally fail. (Brad Henry)
The family is seen as a refuge.
71. The only pure and unmixed pleasures that have been given to man on earth are the pleasures of the family. (Giuseppe Mazzini)
An elegant reflection on enjoying oneself with one’s loved ones.