The destination is the place we are going to . For some, that future that will one day be present is already marked (by some supernatural force) so our passage through life consists of waiting for it to arrive.
On the other hand, for others, destiny is built by oneself, so the actions and the direction we take are going to mark one or another destiny.
- We also recommend: “120 positive phrases to start your day with optimism”
Many authors have mentioned fate in their works. Therefore, below we have prepared a list of sentences about destiny for you to enjoy .
1. Fate is written by you and your choices
It is common to hear that destiny is written. In reality, we are the authors of our own destiny.
2. I don’t believe in fate. I believe in signs
A brilliant phrase by Elisabet Benavent , the well-known writer.
3. The only destiny of which we are really sure, is that of death
A phrase that can be harsh when heard, but must be seen with a certain ironic touch.
4. Narrow rope separates chance from destiny
Even though there are people who think that destiny is already written, we are the ones who create it.
5. Once an object has been incorporated into a painting, it accepts a new destiny
A curious quote from Georges Braque , which invites the reader to deep reflection.
6. Destiny always takes its share and doesn’t withdraw until it gets its due
The Japanese writer Haruki Murakami , leaves us this sentence about his destiny and correspondence.
7. What will become of our destiny when someone steps on our path?
An existential question that arises when objectives are clouded.
8. If you can’t find your way, do it to yourself
It is not always easy to move forward in life, but with effort and attitude it is possible.
9. Few manage to be masters of their destiny…
Only those who are sincere with themselves and fight for dreams manage to be masters of their destiny.
10. Your beliefs become your thoughts, your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your values, your values become your destiny
A quote from Mahatma Gandhi. We are the masters of our destiny.
11. Your destiny must be sought, it does not come to you alone
We can’t wait for things to happen, we have to go out and find them.
12. Find yourself a destination soon, for you will never know when you will reach the destination of death
Life is two days so we must fight for our dreams and create the destiny we want.
13. Destiny: A connotative word for superstitious people and a word to be forged for rationalists. You choose…
A phrase that seeks to define what the term destination means.
14. We create our own destiny with every step we take
Fate is being built little by little, in every move we make.
15. I don’t believe in destiny, for me destiny doesn’t exist, I believe in the inevitable but not in that which they call destiny, it can’t be that everything I do is a crude game of chance
What we do has an intention, so we can direct that intention towards the path we desire.
16. We are slaves only if we let fate control us. There is always a choice
Julie Kagawa reminds us that we are the ones who control our destiny, so we must strive to direct it where we want.
17. When we least expect it, life challenges us to test our courage and willingness to change; at that point, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time to decide whether or not we accept our destiny
Paulo Coelho, life presents challenges that must be overcome to achieve what we want.
18. Coincidence or causality? The true source of life is found in your own destiny, and if you believe that this is not the one you deserve, don’t give it any more thought because by chance or causality your destiny is written
Without a doubt, it is causality that determines fate. Our actions control our lives.
19. Fate is not written, you help me write it and you help me finish it
The people around us also participate in our destiny.
20. It was inevitable: the smell of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of loves that were upset
Gabriel García Márquez leaves us this beautiful appointment in which destiny is discussed.
21. Hold on to dreams, because if they die, life becomes a bird with broken wings that stops flying
Dreams are everything in our lives, they are our great motivation.
22. Two beings, one path, two hearts, one destination
A phrase with a poetic touch, which is about two people that destiny has united.
23. It is in the moments of decision that your destiny is formed
Tony Robbins , destiny is created in every decision we make.
24. When you least expect it, the past can come and stir up the present, and you never know where it will take you, you can only trust that it is a place you want to go
The future is the next destination. The past is gone, so you have to look ahead.
25. It is not what is happening to you today or what happened to you in the past that determines who you will become. Rather, it is your decisions that you must focus on, what things are important to you, and what you are willing to do for them, that will determine your ultimate destiny
To achieve what we want, one must know one’s priorities and, if necessary, let go of the less important things.
26. Don’t waste time waiting for your destiny, look for it
Fate is not going to come by magic. If we want something, we have to go out and get it.
27. The best years of life are those when you decide that your problems are your own. He does not blame them on his mother, the ecology or his president. You realize that you are in control of your own destiny
A phrase pronounced by the well-known psychologist of cognitive therapy, Albert Ellis.
28. Any destiny, no matter how long and complicated, consists in fact of a single moment: the moment when man knows forever who he is
To go out and find the goals you want, you need to know what you want.
29. Your destiny is in yourself, not in your name
You may be lucky enough to have been born in a privileged place, but your destiny is influenced by what you do.
30. Fate has a lot to do with it, but so do you. You have to persevere, you have to insist
One must not give up because one is master of one’s destiny and therefore one must go on.
31. I no longer care about your destiny, I just want to find my own, I no longer feel that my life is worth less than your absence…
When two people separate there are two paths to take: to move forward or to relive the past over and over again.
32. Each person comes to this world with a specific destiny, has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here by accident, there is a purpose behind you. The Whole has an intention to do something through you
Actually, destiny is not written, one can write it for oneself.
33. You are the master of your own destiny
A short phrase but one that we have heard many times, with great meaning.
34. Fulfilling one’s destiny is the only obligation of a person
We should all be on the move, fighting for a better tomorrow.
35. In life, destinies are almost always separated: those who understand are not the executors, and those who act do not understand
A quote from Stefan Zweig that invites deep reflection.
36. Remember this: nothing is written in the stars. Not in these, nor in any other. No one controls their destiny
Gregory Maguire , destiny creates itself, it is not written anywhere.
37. We blindly believe in something that is already written. Then stop mortifying yourself and walk blindly, or not. Your destiny is the same, you just have to believe
A phrase that can help you in some moments, but the important thing is that you move and fight for the destiny you want.
38. Dreams are like the stars. You may never touch them, but if you follow in their footsteps, they will guide you to your own destiny
A nice phrase by Liam James , which sends a positive message.
39. You can’t become anyone without having a hard time
Negative experiences mark us, but they can be a great learning experience.
40. …What are you looking for? Maybe he’s looking for his destiny. Maybe his destiny is to seek
A date that might make you think. Delivered by Octavio Paz .
41. Don’t dream your life, live your dream…
An incredible reflection. Short but very true. Act.
42. Looking for my destiny, I spend my days and nights
The purpose of every human being is to fight for his own destiny and follow his own path.
43. The destiny of men is made up of happy moments, all life has them
What counts are the moments when we feel happy. That’s the best fate.
44. Your thoughts are the architects of your destiny
Our thoughts are the first step. Then we must act.
45. It’s a mistake to look too far. Only one link in the chain of destiny can be handled at a time
Winston Churchill thinks that we have to go step by step to create our destiny.
46. Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads
Each of us must do what we think we must do. That is, after speaking your heart.
47. Man must choose, not accept his fate
The decisions we make are the ones that make us achieve what we set out to do.
48. People believe that destiny is like a river flowing in one direction only. But I have seen the face of time and it is like an ocean in a storm
Life is not a bed of roses. There are hard times and soft times.
49. We have come into this world with a specific and personal destiny. We have a job to do, a call to enact, a self to transform. We are who we are from the cradle and we are stuck in that
Each person is different and has different motivations and behaves in a unique way. That’s what makes our future different.
50. People don’t want words, they want the sound of battle: the battle of fate
Fate has to be fought. One must do one’s part to get what one wants.
51. The destiny is not there, we forge it
Destiny is not something that comes by default, it has to be created.
52. I want to define success by redefining it. For me it is not only the mythical definition: glamour, seduction, source of wealth, and the privilege of attention. Any definition of success must be personal because it is transitory. It is about the shaping of my own destiny
Anita Roddick , with this sentence, explains that there is a relationship between success and destiny.
53. Do not live as if you had a thousand years ahead of you. Fate is a step away, make yourself good while life and strength are soon still yours
We do not live forever, so we must do our best to achieve what we want.
54. You always have to take risks. That is our destiny
To get out of the comfort zone, you have to fight against adversity.
55. Destiny is our will and our will is nature
Benjamin Disraeli , a phrase that deals with the subject of destiny and nature.
56. You have to trust something: your instinct, fate, life, karma, whatever. This perspective has never disappointed me, and it has made all the difference in my life
Steve Jobs , the founder of apple, talks about looking ahead with confidence.
57. Fate is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not something to be expected, it is something to be achieved.
Fate is determined by the decisions we make.
58. It is not in the stars to contain our destiny but in ourselves
The great William Shakespeare . We are the creators of our own destiny, no one else.
59. Everything that ever existed, exists, or will exist will be destroyed. We have been created to be destroyed
The world is constantly changing. Things are created and then destroyed.
60. Don’t confuse bad decisions with fate. Acknowledge your mistakes. It’s okay; we all make them. Learn from them, so they can help you!
It’s impossible not to make mistakes in life. But learning from them is an opportunity to grow.
61. One does not carve out one’s destiny; one bears it
A date with a touch of irony. Fate is sometimes heavy.
62. Only through joy and pain does a person know something about himself and his destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid
The hard experiences of life are what make us grow and what make us change.
63. You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life the way you want it to be
Our future depends largely on what we do and the decisions we make.
64. We are destined to invent our destiny, without second chances. That is why we men make mistakes and commit atrocities, but also, thanks to that, we can transform our life, invent its contents
Fernando Savater tells us about the good and bad things in life.
65. Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality
What is in the mind is only a thought. This thought must be put into action if we are to change anything.
66. Don’t forget your history and your destiny
A great quote from the famous Bob Marley . We cannot let fate out of our sight.
67. Fate is a name often given to decisions that, in retrospect, have had dramatic consequences
Another of those reflections that deal with how hard times allow us to grow.
68. What we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Whether through intention or ignorance, our successes and failures have been brought about by none other than ourselves
Whether it is for the good or bad of us, how we are and how we act influences our destiny.
69. Fate is not something we should see but something we should create
There is no point in standing by and watching what is happening around us. We have to go out and create our future.
70. Destiny is a blank paper where one writes his own story
These are very good words to define what destiny is and how we can change it.
71. I am aware of all your destinies… You will all end up underground and bald
A phrase with a certain amount of humour that deals with a very delicate subject.
72. To you, who once thought of the magic of the spiritual, who cried for love, who believed in a dream To you, who know how important it is to share with others the brightness of your star… To you, who know how important it is to share with others the brightness of your star… To you, who invite you to forget the words that do not understand the pain that is not expressed and to not forget that the best souls are made of impossible things
To achieve great things in life you have to think big. You have to dream.
73. There are those who believe that destiny rests on the knees of the gods, but the truth is that it works, as a burning challenge, on the consciences of men
Eduardo Galeano . We are the ones who decide where to shoot. Nobody does it for us.
74. Each is manufactured for its own purpose
A short quote about destiny, but it says a lot in a nutshell.
75. I believed that the route passed through man, and that from there the destination had to come
Man creates his own route and decides the path he must follow.
76. What will happen will happen
A phrase that may have some truth to it. However, it will not happen because it is already written, but because a series of actions and factors make it so.
77. We will have the destiny that we have deserved
In other words, what we do determines what happens to us.
78. Fate is written, but I have “tipex”
A phrase with a great sense of humor. A mockery to those who think that destiny is written.
79. Many people are fascinated by details and forget what they are looking for
When you can’t see what’s inside, you don’t know where to throw it.
80. When traveling in pursuit of a goal, it is very important to pay attention to the road. The path is the one that teaches us the best way to get there and enriches us while we are traveling
We must live in the present, which is the only thing we can experience. The present is the destiny of now.
81.I’ll take fate by the scruff of the neck. It will not dominate me
A phrase by Ludwig van Beethoven that captures all the energy of life that characterized the composer.
82.We call everything that limits our power destiny
This phrase about destiny was the idea of Ralph Waldo Emerson, who understood this concept as a tailor’s drawer.
83. There is no other destiny but the one we will make for ourselves
thoroughbred, by hand
Pablo Neruda expresses the way in which we build our future.
84.A man is nothing but what he makes of himself
Jean Paul Sartre reflects on the human condition.
85.Even in the death of a little bird, an irresistible providence intervenes
William Shakespeare expresses in this way that destiny also reaches that which seems less important to us.
86.To fight against our destiny would be a fight like that of the bunch of spikes who want to resist the sickle
Lord Byron emphasizes the inevitability of fate.
87.The wise man believes in destiny; the fickle one in chance
Benjamin Disraeli makes a distinction between two types of people.
88.Walker there is no path, one makes a path by walking
One of Antonio Machado’s most famous phrases about destiny.
89.Destiny mixes up the cards, and we play them
Arthur Schopenhauer combines the inevitability of things with an idea of freedom .
90.I do not believe in chance or necessity; my will is destiny
John Milton talks about how our actions create the future.
91.What heaven has ordained to happen, no human diligence or wisdom can prevent
Miguel de Cervantes talks about the impossibility of undoing the plans that have already been decided by destiny.