We live in a globalized world, where problems travel from one end of the planet to the other in seconds . Warlike conflicts, that is, wars, have plunged human beings into the deepest decadence for centuries.
Even today, in the 21st century, peace is not present in all nations. Terrorism, armed conflicts, tensions between economic powers… A desolate panorama that causes death and suffering.
Phrases on peace that invite us to reflect
It is necessary to create a collection of phrases about peace . These famous quotes help us to remember the meaning of harmony between civilizations, from the hand of writers, thinkers and poets from different backgrounds.
We leave you with the best phrases and famous quotes on peace, so that the message of reconciliation and brotherhood between peoples may spread.
1. More than a thousand useless words, one is worth a thousand words of peace (Buddha)
A phrase of the Buddha that puts peace before rancor.
2. Peace is a gift from God and, at the same time, a task for everyone (John Paul II)
The Pope thus draws the parallel between the responsibility of God and of society.
3. The most disadvantageous peace is better than the most just war (Erasmus of Rotterdam)
At any rate, it’s better to put down your weapons and talk.
4. Peace is not for sale (Bono)
The singer of U2 is clear: there is no money that justifies war.
5. Peace is the target to which they straighten out their intent and the good to which all things aspire (Fray Luis de León)
It should be our goal as human beings and as a society.
6. Being prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace (George Washington)
A slightly less pacifist phrase than the previous ones. It introduces an interesting nuance that gives much to talk about in the meetings between political scientists.
7. When the power of love surpasses the love of power, the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)
Wars are often the fruit of ambition for economic power.
8. May the peace that you announce with your words be first in your hearts (Francis of Assisi)
A prayer from the Italian saint.
9. You cannot separate peace from freedom, because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom (Malcolm X)
The link between peace and freedom.
- Click here for more quotes from Malcolm X
10. If you want peace, speak not to your friends, but to your enemies (Moshe Dayan)
Communication between different people is what promotes understanding and harmony.
11. If we want a world of peace and justice, we must put our intelligence resolutely at the service of love (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
The author of The Little Prince, in this beautiful poetic phrase.
12. He who has peace in his conscience has everything (Don Bosco)
A phrase of peace pronounced by the Italian priest.
13. There is no way to peace, peace is the way (Mahatma Gandhi)
A standard-bearer of pacifism.
- Click here for many more Gandhian phrases
14. Everyone wants peace, and to ensure it, they make more weapons than ever (Antonio Mingote)
An ironic phrase that questions the defence strategy of the different states of the world.
15. Peacekeeping begins with the self-satisfaction of each individual (Dalai Lama)
A person with strong convictions and values cannot want war.
16. If we want to enjoy peace, we must keep a good watch on weapons; if we lay down our weapons we will never have peace (Cicero)
Another of these reflections that link the fact of possessing weapons as a guarantee of peace, although it may sound counter-intuitive.
17. There is an extremely subtle and dangerous temptation to confuse peace with the simple absence of war, such as being tempted to confuse health with the absence of illness, or freedom with not being in prison. The terminology is sometimes misleading. For example, the expression “peaceful coexistence” means the absence of war and not true peace (Dominique Pire)
A phrase that deepens the concept of peace.
18. In international affairs, peace is a period of traps between two struggles (Ambrose Bierce)
An extremely pessimistic view of periods of peace.
19. People who take up arms will never achieve prosperity (Nelson Mandela)
The South African leader was clear: there can be no prosperity if the nation is founded on violence.
20. Peace is not the absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition to benevolence, trust and justice (Baruch Spinoza)
Another possible definition of the concept.
21. Peace begins with a smile (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)
With a positive gesture, old wounds can be closed.
- More famous quotes from Mother Teresa of Calcutta
22. Peace is a state of mind for which it is not necessary to meditate: it is enough to communicate with others without fear of being hurt (Jonathan García-Allen)
The psychologist explains to us how we can be happier.
23. Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein)
Dialogue and trust seal the harmony.
- In this link you can read more famous phrases and quotes from Einstein
24. That poverty is better in peace than in a war of miserable wealth (Lope de Vega)
Spanish literature preferred the security of peace to a war surrounded by abundance.
25. Never wear your best pants when you go out to fight for peace and freedom (Henrik Johan Ibsen)
Because you may have to try and fight harder than you thought.
26. Without peace there will be no love (Boño Martínez)
In times of war even love is harmed.
27. Before we can achieve world peace we must find peace in the streets (Tupac Shakur)
The American rapper lived in ghettos all his life. Hence his reflection.
28. If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there would be peace (John Lennon)
The beatle was one of the most memorable pacifists.
- Here are some more quotes from John Lennon
29. If you come with wars I shake your hand and say peace! (Kase.O)
The rapper from Zaragoza in one of his most acclaimed phrases.
- 70 quotes from Kase.O
30. Dream of a world of love and peace, and we will make it happen (John Lennon)
If we all pursue this goal, it will soon become real.