The phrases about the party are interesting reflections on those kinds of events in which irrationality is the main thing. Throughout history, many thinkers and famous people have given their ideas on this subject: Shakespeare, Gabrielle Chanel, Bunbury…
The most recommended phrases about the party
Human beings always need those moments of disconnection from routine life. Some people abuse too much of leisure , of what is commonly known as “partying”, but, in general, this practice is as recommendable as doing sports or reading.
However, not everything festive should be strictly associated with those drunken binges or late-night disco nights. Some authors and thinkers have a very different concept of the party, and that has made them put on the table interesting reflections about this topic.
Below you will find the most famous party phrases left to us by all kinds of influential people throughout history.
1. You’re not a beer, you can’t please everyone (Bill Cosby)
Excellent phrase to describe an essential element in the party, at least in Western society.
2. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade
Very accurate American proverb.
3. Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s party” (Robin Williams)
Always so comical in his public appearances, the American actor offered us this phrase.
4. Telling an introvert to go to a party is like telling a saint to go to hell (Criss Jami)
Not everyone can like this kind of event.
5. The church is not a political power; neither is it a party, the Church is a moral power (Benedict)
The pope described what he saw as the Church in this way.
6. In times of internal crisis, men of good will and generosity must be able to celebrate (John F. Kennedy)
The American president was characterized by his good humor.
7. Life is like a piñata at a party: you never know what will jump out at you (Grim Marshal)
For many, life itself is synonymous with celebration.
8. The last years of life represent the end of a costume party; masks are always dropped (Cesare Pavese)
Funny way to describe the cycle of life.
9. Some people think that beauty is on the inside. But when you walk into a party, the first thing you see is not the brain. (James Caan)
James Caan uttered this really loaded sentence.
10. Life is a big party (Ezra Miller)
The young actor thus conveys his vital optimism.
11. You know it was a good party when you lose track of time (Robert Farrar Capon)
In certain celebrations, emotion invades everything .
12. Every feast is a folly of the many for the satisfaction of the few (Alexander Pope)
An 18th century English poet, he described this kind of social event in this way.
13. There is always some degree of destruction or fire during the course of the party (Gavin DeGraw)
The American singer-songwriter said these words in one of his concerts.
14. Beer is not a good drink for parties, especially if you don’t know where the bathroom is (Billy Carter)
The brother of one of the U.S. presidents was a big fan of the party.
15. Be wary of anyone who tells you he doesn’t like to party (Criss Jami)
The young American poet gives us this advice.
16. Life should be lived our way. If you don’t lose your head, you’re not having a party (Young Jeezy)
For some, there is no leisure without loss of consciousness.
17. Sleep all day, party all night, never grow old, never die (Anonymous)
Wise advice on how to deal with leisure habits… though difficult to apply.
18. Life is not the party we wanted, but we can still dance to its songs (Anonymous)
We always have to face the life that we have been given in the best way.
19. At parties, bad decisions create the best stories (Randy Mamola)
The crazy motorcycle rider had a peculiar way of seeing the party .
20. No party is fun unless it is filled with madness (Desiderius Erasmus)
It is to him that we owe the honour of naming the student exchange as an “Erasmus period”.
21. A wedding anniversary is a celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity (Paul Sweeney)
A nice metaphor.
22. The closet should be a place of joy and celebration for who you are now, not who you used to be (Stacy London)
Funny way to describe the place where many people keep part of who they are.
23. Always know when it is the right time to leave the party (Victoria Beckham)
The famous model is a holiday specialist.
24. To celebrate is such sweet suffering (Robert Byrne)
Suffering and leisure in one sentence.
25. Allow yourself a couple of parties, but always keep in mind the rest of the time (Jillian Michaels)
As many think, the party must be dosed.
26. Some girls get carried away by the lifestyle – clubs and parties with celebrities. You can’t live your life like that. That’s a lie (Gemma Ward)
Good criticism to the superficiality that sometimes represent the parties.
27. A party without a cake is a simple gathering (Julia Child)
This pastry chef, she couldn’t see a party without a cake.
28. Partying doesn’t mean entering with a badge on your forehead so they can see what you do, partying is enjoying (Desiree Rogers)
It’s as simple as that. This phrase perfectly describes the meaning of leisure.
29. Life is not a party, but you always do what you can (Valentino Rossi)
The MotoGP rider is famous for his enjoyment of life.
30. $20,000, 10 points and a lot of women. Guaranteed party (James Hunt)
That’s what the Formula One driver said when he won a race.
31. Speak English, kiss like a Frenchman, drive like a German, dress like an Italian, spend like an Arab, and party like a Caribbeaner (John Williams)
The American composer not only knows how to make good soundtracks.
32. Life is a party, so always dress like one (Gabrielle Chanel)
Who better than her to describe the party?
33. Only those who go to parties regularly know true solitude (Chinese proverb)
Chinese proverbs always leave us with such interesting phrases as this.
34. Don’t let anyone tell you how much you can celebrate (Kimi Raikkonen)
The Formula 1 driver became famous for his nightlife.
35. Adventures begin when you are ready to celebrate (Anonymous)
You have to be grateful always, at all times.
36. The mission in this life should always be to celebrate (Madonna)
The queen of pop has always surprised us with her statements.
37. To have fun would be a very boring thing if the whole year were a holiday (William Shakespeare)
Of course, the most famous English playwright also reflected on this concept.
38. You can’t have parties all the time, especially in January (Neon Hitch)
Bad time of year to be out partying.
39. The only important thing to do at a party is to have fun (Ina Garten)
If you don’t know how to enjoy that moment, better choose other options: there should be no obligation to have a good time .
40. Friendship is one of our most valuable things. You can celebrate it but it won’t always make you a party (Hanya Yanagihara)
Being with friends is not the same as staying in a state of joy: there are other emotional states that are just as important.
41. At a party you enter without saying hello, but at the end, everyone says goodbye (George Gobel)
Great line about the party to describe the moment.
42. Life is like a party: you can have a lot of fun, or you can have a lot of fun (Kenny Loggins)
It all depends on how we take it.
43. A party without beer, should be cancelled (Axl Rose)
The singer of Guns n Roses thus defined the importance of alcoholic beverages.
44. If not everyone enjoys it, it’s not a party (Benny Hill)
The English comedian said this phrase in one of his performances.
45. The key to success is knowing how to celebrate in the face of life’s difficulties (Kay Robinson)
We will always be challenged, even in the best moments .
46. The party is not always synonymous with fun (Chinese proverb)
With this party line it is clear that these events contain several nuances.
47. Between sanity and madness, there is the party (Daron Malakian)
The Armenian guitarist always says interesting phrases.
48. In the absence of love, friends and a good party (Emilio Duró)
The Spanish businessman and speaker describes what a celebration occasion is like.
49. There is no long night party without a good nap (Anonymous)
Rest is part of leisure.
50. Before autumn comes, go out and party until it comes out of your bow! (Paris Hilton)
The queen of the party gives us this advice.
51. To go out and not drink, is like going to the pilgrimage and not praying (Bunbury)
The Spanish rocker is always a reference.
52. In the care of small details, lies the good party (James Hunt)
The playboy of motor racing would party after every race, whether he won or not.
53. If you don’t know how to enjoy the party, you won’t know how to enjoy life (Justin Bieber)
The young American singer spoke these words to his audience.