The holidays are one of the periods we enjoy most throughout the year and which bring us the greatest personal wealth, both on a spiritual and emotional level.
In them we can expand on the realization of activities that in the rest of the calendar either by family or work we can not carry out, some such as: travel, spend time with our partner, sports, etc.
Phrases and reflections on holidays and rest
Holidays are a period in which we dedicate our free time to what we really want to do. A great variety of thinkers, writers and all kinds of people have talked about these over time. Would you like to know some of the most inspiring phrases that these illustrious personalities have left us?
Here are 70 sentences about Holidays that you may find interesting .
1. On a good vacation you have nothing to do and you have all day to do it. (Robert Orben)
The free time we have on our holidays allows us to lead a different kind of life.
2. No man needs a vacation as much as the person who just took one. (Elbert Hubbard)
When our holidays are over we may suffer from a little depression or post-holiday syndrome.
3. We do not need more holidays, but more vocation. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
In order to enjoy a good vacation, we must lead a full working life.
4. The art of rest is a part of the art of working. (John Steinbeck)
In order to be more competitive in our work, rest is essential.
5. The key to success is to make your vocation your vacation. (Mark Twain)
If we enjoy working, work will become much more enjoyable.
6. In time, all trips end up in the same place; at home. (Chris Geiger)
Going home can be a very nice moment that we have all enjoyed at one time or another.
7. Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, take a vacation every day and simply celebrate life. (Amanda Bradley)
We must take advantage of our free time every day to do what fills or enriches us most on a personal level.
8. A perpetual vacation is a good definition of hell. (George Bernard Shaw)
Vacations can become tedious if they last too long, the grace is in that they are of medium duration.
9. A vacation is what you take when you can’t take what you’ve been taking anymore. (Earl Wilson)
When we’re burned out from the work and life we lead, it’s the best time to take a vacation.
10. The ant is wise, but not wise enough to take a vacation. (Clarence Day)
We all lose effectiveness in our work as time goes by; holidays help us recover physically and mentally.
11. Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.
Knowing how to enjoy life is something we all have to do, the small luxuries of every day that allow us to move forward.
12. There’s more to life than making a living. Don’t work more than you live. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
We must work to live, not live to work.
13. Do you spend more time planning a vacation than planning your life? (Catherine Pulsifer)
Holidays are just one more part of our life, but it is the whole of it, the good and the bad moments that can make us happy.
14. People who read on vacation always have a better time because it is a total escape, both physically and mentally. (Jasmine Guinness)
Spending time reading will always be a good thing for us.
15. The rainy days for which a man saves, usually seem to come in the holidays.
The weather may not be with us on our holidays, but we can also take advantage of this situation to relax and rest.
16. If you refuse food, ignore customs, fear religion, and avoid people, it is better to stay home. (James Michener)
Maybe the best place to spend our holidays is our own home.
17. Man has no rest until he rests in God. (Swami Sivananda)
Taking advantage of our holidays to make a spiritual retreat can be a good option.
18. To judge a man, ask not what he does, but what he does not do.
Nothing better defines a man than what he does in his spare time.
19. He who does not have two thirds of the day to himself is a slave, whatever he may be, a politician, a merchant, an official or a scholar. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
We all need free time to rest and relax, without that time we would be slaves to our work activity.
20. There can be no pleasant rest without prior fatigue, just as there is no pleasure in food, since there is no appetite. (Mariano Aguiló)
When we are tired or hungry, that is when we most enjoy those little pleasures of life like resting, eating, drinking.
21. Holidays prove that a life of pleasure is overrated. (Mason Cooley)
Life can become very tedious if we don’t have a job to devote time to.
22. Holidays used to be a luxury, but in today’s world they have become a necessity.
With the current pace of life and the subsequent stress that we suffer because of it, it seems necessary to take some holidays from time to time.
23. To rest too much is to rust. (Walter Scott)
The lack of physical and mental activity can also cause some damage.
24. Working without hurry is the greatest rest for the body. (Gregorio Marañón).
When we have enough time to rest is when we recover the most.
25. An adventure trip has no substitute. It’s the ultimate experience, your big chance to let your instincts out. (Rosalind Massow)
The best trips are always those we see as a great adventure.
26. For me, a vacation is about taking a book, going to the mountains and reading. (Sonam Kapoor)
Reading can be a great pleasure for us and our holidays can provide us with the time we need to devote to it.
27. Be a scout. The universe is full of wonders and magical things. (Flavia)
Traveling is a pleasure that most of us can only do on our holidays.
28. Even when you take a break from technology, technology does not take a break from you. (Douglas Coupland)
Social networks and technology are always with us, even when we take a vacation.
29. When one does not find rest in oneself, it is useless to look for it elsewhere. (François de la Rochefoucauld)
In order to rest fully we must be able to silence our thoughts and worries.
30. Every man who can, should take a month’s vacation once a year, whether he feels he should or not. (William James)
We need our own free time, thanks to it we can think more clearly and organize our priorities.
31. It is not the amount of time you spend in a place that makes it memorable; it is the way you spend your time. (David Brenner)
In order to enjoy our free time to the full, we must carry out those activities that will enrich us the most.
32. Time well spent results in more money to spend, more money to save, and more time for vacation. (Zig Ziglar)
Reaching a good socioeconomic level will allow us to enjoy a better vacation.
33. Find a job where you don’t need a vacation. (Debasish Mridha M.D.)
The best jobs are those that we enjoy doing, that we are passionate about.
34. The happiest moment in human life is when we leave for unknown lands. (Richard Burton)
A journey into the unknown can be a vital source of inspiration.
35. If your job requires travel, you will understand that there is no better vacation destination than home. (Park Chan-Wook)
Our home will always be the place where we can rest more fully.
36. When all else fails, take a vacation. (Betty Williams)
It is in situations of stress and discomfort that we need time for ourselves the most.
37. As you grow up, you learn a few things. One of them is to really take the time you have set aside for vacation. (John Battelle)
We must recognize when we need to take a break, so that when we return we will be much more effective.
38. I’m not looking forward to the holidays. They always seem like a ridiculously expensive way to prove there’s no place like home. (Jilly Cooper)
After a long journey we will always wish to return home.
39. Rest is as necessary as work. If you do not work, you do not rest well. If you don’t rest, you don’t work well.
Rest and work feed off each other, both activities need each other.
40. The bigger the summer vacation, the bigger the fall.
Taking the right and necessary time will help us come back stronger, too much time will not help us.
41. On their holidays the rich go to see the world; the poor go to see their parents. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
Journeys to the land of our roots can help us be more grateful for our lives today.
42. All the happiness that humanity can achieve is not in pleasure, but in the rest of pain. (John Dryden)
We all need time to recover from the most painful situations.
43. By far, mothers and housewives are the only workers who have no time off. They are the largest class without a vacation. (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)
The housewives are always at their place of work, we must share the tasks with them as we all live under the same roof and have the same obligations.
44. The holidays are not so much about opening gifts as they are about opening our hearts. (Janice Maeditere)
The best moments are those that bring us the most emotionally, we must learn to enjoy them.
45. We are so used to working, that not working is the new hard work. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
Not going to work can also cause us stress, knowing how to use our time productively can help us feel fulfilled.
46. There are three difficult things: to keep a secret, to bear a grievance, and to employ leisure well. (Quilon)
Using our free time effectively can be an art that many of us do not have to master.
47. Without work you cannot rest, just as without struggle you cannot win. (Thomas of Kempis)
Work will also provide us with the moments of greatest rest, there is nothing like resting when we are tired.
48. The one who returns from a trip is not the same as the one who left. (Chinese proverb)
All the life experiences that we live throughout our lives will help us evolve as individuals.
49. A vacation should be long enough for your boss to miss you, and not too long for him to discover how well he can manage without you.
The best holidays are always the shortest ones, with them we can incorporate into working life in a more optimal way.
50. If you come home as happy as you left, you’ve had a good vacation.
We will always remember those pleasant moments we lived during our holidays.
51. Leisure, if it is not accompanied by study, is death and burial in the life of man. (Seneca)
Taking advantage of our free time to grow intellectually can be a great help to us in life.
52. The price of anything is the amount of life you change for it. (Henry David Thoreau)
Time is the real currency of payment, because once you spend it you will never get it back.
53. I hope that the journey will be the best of all journeys: a journey to ourselves. (Shirley MacLaine)
Any trip helps us to know and understand ourselves better.
54. We arrive at the sunny beaches to take care of keeping the sun off our skin, the salt off our bodies and the sand off our belongings. (Erma Bombeck)
We must enjoy everything that our holidays offer us, without fear of what they may bring us.
55. College is the longest vacation you’ll ever have. (Dan Indante)
When we are adults and discover the intense work life, we realize that until then we were on vacation.
56. Happiness resides in the leisure of the spirit. (Aristotle)
In order to achieve happiness, we must have moments of leisure and recreation.
57. A vacation is like love: anticipated with love, experienced with discomfort and remembered with nostalgia.
During that period of time we lived a lot of emotions that we will always remember.
58. Vacations are attractive only in the first week. After that, there is no longer anything new about getting up late and having little to do. (Margaret Laurence)
Excessively long vacations can become boring, the grace of them is in its just duration.
59. A good vacation is over when you start to miss your work. (Morris Fishbein)
When we work on something we are passionate about, the return to activity can be long.
60. Don’t celebrate the holidays before they come.
A phrase that can remind us a lot of the saying: don’t sell the bear’s skin before you hunt it.
61. Many people’s holidays are not journeys of discovery, but rituals of tranquillity. (Philip Andrew Adams)
The search for peace of mind is something that many of us decided to undertake in this period of time.
62. Leisure time is the best of all acquisitions. (Socrates)
Free time is a very valuable asset that we should not give up.
63. The greatest rest is to be free of guilt. (Cicero)
When we are consistent with our actions and thoughts, that is when we achieve the greatest serenity.
64. I don’t consider free those who don’t sometimes have their leisure time. (Cicero)
Without free time we would be nothing more than slaves to our activity.
65. Laughter is an instant vacation. (Milton Berle)
Humor is something that helps us forget our problems and makes us enjoy the present.
66. A vacation is one spent with people whose notions of time are more vague than yours. (John B. Priestly)
Taking advantage of our free time to be with our loved ones is a very good option.
67. When you like your job, every day is a vacation. (Frank Tyger)
Those who work on something they are passionate about are certainly very lucky.
68. It takes a certain distance, because in this way the work seems smaller, the greater part can be assimilated in the blink of an eye, and the disharmony and the proportion is easier to see. (Leonardo da Vinci)
To be more effective in our work activity, we must enjoy free time where we can relax.
69. Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation. (Leo Tolstoy)
We must live in the present and be grateful for everything we have in life.
70. Every kind of life, without alternative breaks, is not durable. (Ovid)
Without time off and rest our lives would be irretrievably shortened.