Wayne Dyer’s 65 Greatest Quotes
Reviewing Wayne Dyer’s phrases that the author left us written in his works is to have material that makes us reflect on life, emotions and the way we relate.
This is surely one of the most influential writers in terms of books on personal growth. Wayne Walter Dyer (1940 – 2015) was a psychologist, teacher and writer of motivational and self-help books, and he used this varied knowledge to express in inspired yet simple ways ways of living that are based on well-being.
On the other hand, he is considered the father of modern self-help, since his first book , has a bestseller of 37 million copies sold worldwide. Dyer’s founding and inspirational basis was the concept of self-realization first presented by Abraham Maslow.
Wayne Walter Dyer’s Most Famous Quotes
In the following lines we will see Wayne Dyer’s best phrases, perfect for rethinking everything we thought we knew about life.
1. I’m a realist, I expect miracles
Dyer considers being aware of what we are or are not capable of achieving.
2. You can get anything you really want, if you really pursue it
This simple phrase can be very influential if we take it seriously.
3. Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul
Self-esteem is the main element for self-help . That is why it is good to promote it.
4. You can’t be alone if you like the person you are alone with
You have to know how to be alone. It’s a symptom of personal autonomy.
5. No stress, just people thinking stressful thoughts
Walter Dyer was very critical of the frenetic level of life, something that affects mental well-being.
6. You will see it when you create it
Believing is power, that’s all.
7. You’re doomed to make decisions. That is the greatest paradox of life
For Dyer, any decision is complex. Not choosing is also a choice.
8. You cannot fail, you can only produce results
The concept of failure is a way of torturing self-esteem and self-fulfillment.
9. The antidote to fear is faith
According to the American author, fear paralyzes our aspirations .
10. I would rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I am not
One has to be convinced of what one is, not what others want.
11. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change
Everything is formed according to our subjective perception.
12. Go get him now. The future is not promised to anyone
The moments are instantaneous, not programmable.
13. When you judge others, you don’t define them, you define yourself
One of the deadly sins that disrupt self-esteem.
14. You will be treated in life the way you teach people to treat you
Don’t do to others what you don’t like to be done to you.
15. Our lives are a sum total of the choices we have made
According to Wayne Dyer, everything we do is options chosen by us .
16. Practice being the kind of person you would like to attract
The beings around us will be a reflection of ourselves.
17. Our intention creates our reality
It’s the intention that counts, the willingness to want something concrete.
18. You can’t always control what happens on the outside, but you can always control what happens on the inside
For Dyer it was absurd to want to have everything under control, especially the external forces.
19. There is no point in worrying about things you have no control over because there is nothing you can do
We should never waste a single minute for something that we do not have the capacity to change.
20. Be unhappy. Or motivate yourself. Whatever you do, it’s your choice
We choose what we want to be. One of Wayne Dyer’s most motivating phrases.
21. If you think it will work, you will see opportunities. If you think it won’t, you will see obstacles
As Dyer would point out above, belief is power. We project reality individually.
22. If your stay on earth is so short, it should at least be pleasant
Being happy will provide us with a pleasant life trajectory.
23. Self esteem cannot be verified by others
Personal esteem has to be judged and approved by oneself . Appealing to others is a major mistake.
24. The need for the approval of others overrides one’s own opinion
Waiting for the opinion of others prevents us from advancing and forming our personality.
25. Only ghosts wallow in the past
Do you want to be a ghost or a living person?
26. If you believe that feeling bad or worrying enough will change a past or future event, you reside on another planet
Regret is one of the scourges of self-realization, according to Dyer.
27. There are no universally applicable rules, laws or traditions
Everything has to be analyzed and interpreted according to the time, place and person.
28. You are what you choose to be today, not what you once chose to be
The day-to-day is what matters, neither the before nor the after.
29. The meaning of life is to get a meaning for life
Wayne Dyer emphasized objectifying what we wanted from this life.
30. Don’t die with the music still in you
This sentence by Wayne Dyer refers to the restlessness that we have in our bodies and that makes us continue to be motivated in our daily lives .
31. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed
It is the day to day life alone that will make us happy.
32. The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you know nothing about
If you don’t try it, you can’t have an opinion. We’ll miss part of our reality.
33. The catastrophe you are so worried about often turns out to be less horrible in reality
Wayne Dyer was committed to minimizing risks, which only hinder our personal growth.
34. There is no path to prosperity, prosperity is the way
We must always think and act on this maxim.
35. Only the insecure fight for safety
Hard and concise reflection that awakens consciousness .
36. Successful people make money, they bring success to what they do
Only success will bring us social welfare.
37. Transformation literally means going beyond your form
We must evolve, reinvent ourselves and transform ourselves on a personal level in order to move forward.
38. The state of your life is but a reflection of the state of your mind
Whatever you think, it will be.
39. My goal is not to be better than someone, but to be better than I used to be
Comparisons are detrimental to our self-help and/or self-esteem.
40. When you have a choice between being right and being nice, choose to be nice
Being correct restricts our way of expressing ourselves . Good manners, they enhance them.
41. Being aware of the routine is the first step to changing it
Routine is another obstacle to self-realization.
42. Live day-to-day by emphasizing ethics rather than rules
It is very common for ethics to be above rules and regulations.
43. When you are inspired, you never wonder about your purpose. You are living it
According to Dyer, the motivation does not need to be questioned. It just needs to be done.
44. Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgment from others
Value judgments are annulled when we are enjoying interpersonal relationships.
45. Love is cooperation instead of competition
Sometimes we behave like pure animals to demonstrate and retain something as noble as love.
46. When I was chasing money, I never had enough
Money can never be the meaning of our life, according to Dyer.
47. Freedom means that you have no obstacles to live your life as you choose
We are slaves to the constant rules and behaviour imposed by society.
48. When you dance, your purpose is to enjoy every step along the way
A very graphic way to describe the meaning of dancing, when we enjoy it.
49. There is nothing wrong with anger as long as it is used constructively
Getting angry isn’t bad. Post-reflection is what matters.
50. Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into
Having more or less is not achieved, it is attracted.
51. A peaceful mind is stronger than any physical force in the universe
We live in a world full of problems and difficulties . Keeping our minds on the opposite side will make us overcome obstacles better.
52. If you are happy, then you are an intelligent person
For Dyer they were synonymous concepts.
53. Remember that you can’t fail to be yourself
We must never give in to external pressures on our way of being.
54. Feelings are not just emotions that happen to you. Feelings are reactions that you choose to have
How we think or feel, too is a choice we make unconsciously .
55. An intelligent person should be described as happy and effective in everyday life
Wayne Dyer again makes reference to what being happy means.
56. If you depend on others to value you, this valuation will be made by others
Constant approval hurts and violates our personality.
57. It’s about your life; do with it what you want
No one should have to condition our way of life.
58. Worry keeps you immobilized
Fear, guilt and other evils, paralyze our emotions .
- Related article: “Are we rational or emotional beings?”
59. The sum of all those “musts” is another wrong zone
For Wayne Dyer obligation is the first of the fatalities towards freedom.
60. Demanding justice is not negative behavior even though it becomes a wrong zone if you punish yourself
We have to be aware that the claims we make may be more damaging than we think.
61. It is not necessary to shed a single drop of sweat to delay doing anything
Whatever can be done later is done. It means it’s not that important.
62. What you do is the only meter to measure you as a person, not what you say or what they say about you
We are what we do, not what we say.
63. In any human relationship in which two people become one, the result will always be two half-persons
We have to keep being ourselves no matter how much we converge with the other.
64. If you enjoy the way you interact with people, you don’t need to change that way of interacting
The good, the positive, there’s no changing it.
65. It is the obligation that constitutes the problem
For Wayne Dyer, extreme freedom is the raison d’être for self-esteem.