Will Smith is a well-known American actor who became famous for the television series called “The Prince of Bel Air” . He was the main character and played a young man from Philadelphia who went to live with his aunt and uncle in Bel Air.
His great charisma and sense of humor quickly led him to fame, where he has continued his career in Hollywood with roles in several successful films. Among them “Independence Day” or “Men in Black”.
- “Oscar Wilde’s 60 best lines”
- “75 philosophical phrases spoken by great thinkers”
In the following video you can see this actor playing the leading role in “The Prince of Bel Air”
Will Smith’s Best Phrases and Reflections
Will Smith has spoken very wise phrases throughout his life. In this article you can find a list of his best quotes.
1. Smiling is the best way to face your problems, to crush your fears and hide your pain
A positive attitude is always better than a negative attitude when dealing with problems.
2. Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your thing and work hard
Being emotionally dependent causes great discomfort. Instead, trusting oneself leads to happiness.
3. We spend money we don’t have, on things we don’t need, to impress people we don’t care about
In this capitalist society, people have become consumerists and value little the little things in life.
4. Greatness exists in each of us
We all have a great potential to bring to society, but we have to discover it.
5. Whatever your dream is, every extra penny should go to this one
When one finds oneself, one must fight to the utmost to achieve it.
6. Sometimes you have to forget what is gone, appreciate what you still have and look forward to what is to come
The acceptance of experiences that have not been pleasant is necessary to be happy.
7. The most valuable things in my life I didn’t learn in school
Life teaches you lessons every day, so it’s the best learning.
8. I don’t do jokes. I just see the government and report the facts
A quote in which Will Smith criticizes the government with a funny tone.
9. In my mind I was always a Hollywood star. You just didn’t know it yet
Will Smith always thought he’d get as far as he did.
10. The first step is that you have to say you can
Before you take action, you have to believe you’re going to make it.
11. Throughout life people will get angry, disrespect you and treat you badly. Let God deal with the things they do, because the hate in your heart will consume you too
Many situations in this life can disappoint you, so you have to accept them in order to be happy.
12. The fear is not real. It is a product of the thoughts you create. Don’t get me wrong. The danger is very real. But fear is a choice
How we relate to events is what determines our success or failure.
13. If you are absent during my struggle, don’t wait to be present during my success
The people who really love you will be there even in the worst of times.
14. The separation of talent and ability is one of the most misunderstood concepts for people who are trying to excel, who have dreams, who want to do things. Talent comes naturally to you. Skill is only developed by hours, hours and hours of training
Will Smith emphasizes the need to work hard to develop the talent a person possesses.
15. Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity
A way of saying that we should pursue our dreams regardless of what others tell us.
16. The only thing I see that’s clearly different about me is that I’m not afraid of dying on a treadmill. You may be more talented than I am, you may be smarter than I am, but if we get on a treadmill together, there are two options: either you get off first or I’m going to die. It’s that simple
Will Smith considers himself a born worker who has no limits, as he states in this sentence.
17. If you are not making someone’s life better, then you are wasting your time
When you really do things right is when your actions reach out to others.
18. Your life will be better by making others’ lives better
A quote that has the same meaning as the previous one.
19. We all want to be in love and find that person who loves us no matter how our feet smell, no matter how angry we get one day, no matter what we say we don’t mean
True love is that in which a person loves us above our defects.
20. If you don’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you lost
If you want something, you have to go out and give it your all.
21. When you create art the world has to wait
Art is creativity and therefore requires inspiration.
22. Never underestimate a person’s pain, because at the moment of truth, we are all fighting. Some are simply better at hiding it than others
Pain is a human feeling, which we don’t like to talk about.
23. Don’t chase people. Those who truly belong in your life will come to you and stay with you
When someone loves you, they eventually look for you and find you.
24. My talent is that I sacrifice
For Will Smith, the key to his success is constant work.
25. You can’t be afraid to die for the truth. The truth is the only thing that will always be constant
The truth is something that must be above the lie.
26. We all suffer, even if it is hard to say
Pain is a negative feeling that we are often ashamed of.
27. If you are not willing to work hard, let someone else do it. I’d rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110% than with someone who does a good job and gives 60%
It’s always better to work as a team with someone who tries hard than with someone who doesn’t.
28.I think you need to be educated about what you want to do in life, but I don’t think you need college to get there
College does not teach you some of the fundamental skills of being a successful person, nor does it help you connect with yourself.
29. I want the world to be better because I was here
Will Smith, as he makes clear in this sentence, has a good heart.
30. Running and reading are the keys to life
Will Smith makes it clear what some of his hobbies are.
31. I wake up every day believing that today will be a better day than yesterday
A motivating phrase to wake up inspired in the morning.
32. I have always considered myself to be of average talent and what I have is an unhealthy and ridiculous obsession with practice and preparation
Talent is an important part of success, but it is not everything.
33. There is no reason to have a Plan B because it distracts from Plan A
A way of saying that when we have something on our mind, we have to fight for it with all our might.
34. If you are not in my defeats, don’t be in my victories
People who are not there for us in difficult times are not worth it.
35. Look at your 5 closest friends. They are what you are. If you don’t like who you are, you know what to do
We choose our friends, and many times they share interests with us.
36. Don’t let people who do little for you control your mind, emotions, and feelings
People who aren’t there for you when you need them shouldn’t be in your life.
37. There are many people who have lived and died before. You will never have a new problem; you will never have a new problem. Someone wrote the answer in a book somewhere
There are people who do not fully enjoy their lives.
38. People who are not there when you need them, you don’t really need them
There are people who are in our lives out of interest.
39. You can cry, there is no shame in it
Although sometimes it is hard for us to cry so as not to look weak, it is normal and sometimes necessary.
40. 99% is the same as zero. If your plan is to make 99% better, stay home
If you want something and you don’t give 100% to get it, you better not give anything.
41. It’s my grandmother’s idea. She said, “if you’re gonna be here, there’s a need to make a difference.” She always inspired us with the spiritual responsibility that everyone we contact has to leave it better
We won’t be in this world long, so we need to give as much as we can while we can.
42. Never tell me there’s something you can’t do”- You don’t try to build a wall, you don’t go out and build a wall. You don’t say “I’m going to build the biggest, most imposing wall ever built”, no, you don’t start like that. You say, “I’m going to put this brick in as perfectly as a brick can be put in,” and you do it every day, soon you have a wall.
Sometimes, our worst enemy when it comes to success is ourselves, our limiting beliefs.
43. I want to do good, I want the world to be better because I was here
Will Smith has always been true to his values. He has a big heart.
44. I want my life, my work, my family to mean something
Will Smith, despite being famous and rich, wants the same thing as any human being.
45. Never let someone tell you that you can’t do something. You have to dream, you have to protect it. When people can’t do something, they will tell you that you can’t do it. If you want something, go for it. Point
People who tell you you can’t do something, it’s because they don’t have the guts to fight for their dreams.
46. 10 ways to love: listen, speak, give, pray, respond, share, enjoy, trust, forgive, and promise
Love is one of the best things in life. Will Smith gives us some tips on how to love.
47. Let your smile change the world, not the world change your smile
I know who writes your story, and not the rest. You own your life.
48. I don’t know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a greater reason. I struggle to be like the greatest people who have ever lived
Will Smith always had very high goals, and he has achieved his objectives.
49. Money and success do not change people; they merely amplify what is already there
Fame is what makes a person known. Well, many times, he has achieved it by his own efforts.
50. You won’t like everyone, but don’t let hate get the better of you.
Hate doesn’t do us any good, it’s much better to spread love.
51. I know how to learn anything I want to learn. I absolutely know that I could learn to fly on the space shuttle because someone knows how to fly it, and they write it down in a book. Give me the book, and I don’t need anyone to stand in front of the class
Will Smith thinks that there is a lot of knowledge in books, and therefore, we can learn from them.
52. Traditional education is based on facts, figures and passing exams, not on understanding the issues and applying them in your life
There are skills that are not learned in school, but in life and in everyday life.
53. Happiness is within oneself, one just has to find it
We often think that happiness is in external things. When one is happy with oneself, happiness comes only.
54. I’m a student of patterns. At heart, I’m a physicist. I look at everything in life as trying to find the single equation, the theory of everything
Will Smith considers himself a reflective person who tries to find an explanation for the events that occur around him.
55. Greatness is not that wonderful, esoteric, elusive, divine quality that only “the special ones” among us will ever taste. You know, it is something that exists within all of us. It’s very simple: “This is what I believe and I’m willing to die for it. Period. As simple as that
We may not achieve what we set out to do, but the fight is worth it.
56. I know who I am and I know what I believe in and that’s all I need to know. So from there you do what you need to do. What I think happens is that we make the situation more complicated than it needs to be
Knowing yourself and knowing in which direction you want to go is the only thing you need to live happily and motivated.
57. Talent is not the only thing needed to achieve success
Success is determined by several factors, not just talent. For example, perseverance and effort are key to achieving a person’s goals.
58. While others are sleeping I am working, while others are eating I am working
Will Smith considers himself a hard worker and a person who tries his best to achieve what he wants.
59. There is no easy model to make, no matter how talented you are. Your talent will fail you if you are not trained, if you don’t study, if you don’t work really hard and dedicate yourself to getting better every day, you will never be able to dedicate your art to the people you love
Talent must be developed, otherwise you will never achieve your true potential.
60. I have trained myself to show those things about my personality that I like and hide those that are not so nice
A way of saying that you have to enhance the virtues you possess.